Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Bass "RUMBLE"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bass "RUMBLE"

I ONLY added a subwoofer to my bose system and used a JL monoblock amp, but did NOT hook up any REMOTE turn on wires to the amp or the Audio Control LC6 unit...I am using the SIGNAL SENSING on/off Feature.

But i did notice that if i turn the car off...i get a RUMBLE OF bass through the SUBWOOFER...ONLY if the bass booster **** is turned up (almost never so i don't care really about the sound just curious as to what is causing it)...Is it because the amp is still on and not turned off when i turn off the car?? the signal sensing on/off takes a few seconds to turn the amp off.....its wierd that it only does it when the bass boost **** is turned up and when its low....i believe its there faintly.....and i don't think it does it every time!

Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by allforthecash
I ONLY added a subwoofer to my bose system and used a JL monoblock amp, but did NOT hook up any REMOTE turn on wires to the amp or the Audio Control LC6 unit...I am using the SIGNAL SENSING on/off Feature.

But i did notice that if i turn the car off...i get a RUMBLE OF bass through the SUBWOOFER...ONLY if the bass booster **** is turned up (almost never so i don't care really about the sound just curious as to what is causing it)...Is it because the amp is still on and not turned off when i turn off the car?? the signal sensing on/off takes a few seconds to turn the amp off.....its wierd that it only does it when the bass boost **** is turned up and when its low....i believe its there faintly.....and i don't think it does it every time!
Hooking up the remote turn on should eliminate the problem

Old 03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
With no signal to the amp, but power is supplied:
Slight pressure changes in the trunk will cause the speaker to move a bit. This will cause a reverb from the amp back to the speaker... The remote turn on will only partially solve this issue with the stock HU.

Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by allforthecash

To avoid this issue, don't use the signal sensing feature as there is a slight delay and might have the issue you're having. Just find an active wire and connect to the Remote... this way, the amp turns on when there's power to the car.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah!
I thought so guys....i knew it would be the remote turn on....i just don't feel like going in there and splicing into the "remote" line....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i can live with it for now!!

Thanks again! just wanted to confirm what i thought it was before i attempted to do anything about it!!

Take care!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:33 PM
The remote line is pretty easy to get to, just gotta unbutton upper trunk, pull out the bose plug and tap i believe the green wire and run it to your amp!