Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally

I have been waiting since last July when I bought my Coupe to get the stereo installed. I have been waiting on my friend, very patiently, and he is going to install it next week. He kept promising I'll do it next month, before Thanksgiving, February we're slow...................

I can't wait, I have been waiting soooooo long.

I think I will give him around $300 under the table. Do you think that is a fair price. He is marking 3 days out at work (the stereo shop) to build a custom fiberglass box for 1 10" Kicker Solo-baric. Some sort of amp rack for two subs, and MB Quart QSD's for the front. Not sure if I am going to replace the rear speakers, depends on how hard it is to get to them.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by realgone
I have been waiting since last July when I bought my Coupe to get the stereo installed. I have been waiting on my friend, very patiently, and he is going to install it next week. He kept promising I'll do it next month, before Thanksgiving, February we're slow...................

I can't wait, I have been waiting soooooo long.

I think I will give him around $300 under the table. Do you think that is a fair price. He is marking 3 days out at work (the stereo shop) to build a custom fiberglass box for 1 10" Kicker Solo-baric. Some sort of amp rack for two subs, and MB Quart QSD's for the front. Not sure if I am going to replace the rear speakers, depends on how hard it is to get to them.
How much did you get your QSD's for? I'm seeing them going on eBay for like $520 + shipping, and it seems like a low price. I'm pretty sure they are genuine items, just they do not come with warranty.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
I got mine on eBay for around $500 and you are correct they are not under warranty.

They arrived in a sealed original QSD box. I have not opened it yet, because I am hoping I can get them under warranty since my friend is an MB Quart authorized dealer. I had MB Quart's in my last car and never had a problem and will expect the same or better from th e QSD line.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info. at least I'm pretty sure they are genuine. Which buyer did you get it from (if you don't mind sharing)? I just want to order from a buyer that I know won't try to ship me a fake.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
I bought from car audio shop.

MB Quart on eBay