Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Cd player jam!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP! Cd player jam!

So i was driving along, and i go to switch cds, and then it takes an abnormally long amount of time to switch cds. I look over at the screen and it reads "CD ERR FO" and it keeps clicking. I try to eject but theres no response.

So heres where things get bad -- i call up my local infiniti dealer, (i live in NY) and they say that have to replace the radio... in a week, when the part gets in. Worse off, the CDs i have in the dash (all 6) have to be sent, with the radio to CALIFORNIA so they can be unjammed due to warranty reasons... i then have to wait 6 WEEKS to get the cds in the mail. this, of course is ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS! im a DIY man, and i love my G... anyone have experiance opening up the radio console? i figure i can yank em myself... i just dont know how to go about opening the console up. As well -- anyone else have this problem? any solutions i should consider besides waiting 7 weeks for my beloved cds?

Thanks guys.

oh, btw, i have a 03' g coupe

Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 PM
that's been posted up here and there. You probably were using a CD-R or two in there. Luckliy, I have not had that problem, but others have. I think there was even one report where a dealer would not warranty it cuz it was a CD-R?!

Don't think you have much of an option here, but if you do, there'll be a post back soon enough!

Cheers, Ted

Old 04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I wanted to ask if anyone knows the fix for the CD ERROR FO.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Possible solutions

Try this:
quickly & repeatedly press the eject button (if that doesn't work, also try pressing eject & load quickly). If you hear the changer start to make noises, stop and see if you can eject the CDs.
or this:
try powering it on and off while holding the eject button
As seen in this thread and this other thread.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Bumping this because it worked for me...

Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Wink CD Error FO

I just bought my Skyline 300 GT V35 and i had that problem ' Cd error FO'.Then i decided to pull that CD unit out just to see what is behind it. Anyway, i checked the connections and tried to put it bc. It was a bit difficult then i pushed a little bit hard. I dont know what happened but the Cds started to eject. It must be becase of the vibration i guess.
I have another problem as well. CD,radio and Casette seem to be working but i cant get any sound. Therefore i took it to Autobarn to get it fixed. However they could not do anyting.The guy took the CD unit out and checked the connections.
While i was driving back to home, i realized the error message on the display. Then i went home and repeated the same process; took the unit out, shake it a bit, ad wen the problem is fixed put it back.
Soooo this is my own slution and it worked really well twice.DOMO

Old 02-21-2019, 05:52 PM
G35 Sport Sedan loaded w/o nav
Slid a plastic pie spatula into opening & removed with tweezers

Slide a plastic pie spatula into opening & remove with tweezers. I caused the problem when I fumbled up loading a disc.

or this:

As seen in this thread and this other thread.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
Just made a video how to remove them:

Remove cd's from changer