Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Amp/speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp/speakers

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm having difficulty locating an answer using the search function . I would like to add an amp & swap out the stock speakers on a G35 coupe with the Bose system. Is this possilbe?

If you could just point me to a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS Shouldn't something like this be a sticky?

Last edited by MWhy; 02-14-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It is certainly something that I would think would be a sticky...

The HU output is balanced full range un-equalized. You can use any of a number of amps that will take balanced inputs on their RCAs - JL, Zapco, DLS, etc.

The front speakers are 6.5. Popular midfi speakers are Infinity and Alpine. High end speakers start with DLS UP6 and CDT (there! You happy? and continue to Morel Integra and Elate. Dynaudio, higher end DLS, and others have bigger tweeters than factory provisions aloow, so they need different mounting.

Several members have done this. Just keep looking.

4080 here on this forum makes great sub snclosures that fit right in. They will work with JL and other subs (geeman got a DLS MW110 and likes it a lot).

Where are you geographically? Are you doing the work?

Old 02-14-2006, 10:33 PM
i wish there was a sticky on a complete audio installation. Somebody should make one~!!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks el duderino!

I'm in Kansas City. I will probably do the work myself if I can find instructions on pulling the door panels, dash, and wiring diagrams for the stock HU(found it). I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do. Usually, just upgrading the speakers makes a huge difference in the way most stock set ups sound. However, if I understand correctly, the stock system runs the speakers at unusual settings(something to do with ohms....I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to the tech part of this). So I'm not sure any old aftermarket speaker will do. That's why I was thinking of bypassing the stock amp, & purchasing a more powerful one to run aftermarkets on.

Any experience/insight is greatly appreciated!