Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading sound system and keeping stock HU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm replacing my RCA's which I have spliced into the speaker wires coming from the head unit. I cut a new twisted Pair RCA cable in half, but each plug has only 1 wire in it. For my current RCA's each plug has 2 wires and the shielding around it. How do I know which ones have 2 in there without cutting them in half?

Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, you need to find an amp with LOC on/off so that when your car is off(the speaker wires dont send signal to the amp), your amp would also turn off. If not then the amp would just drain ur battery even thought its not in use. I learned that after a lot of research

Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Gosuballer
Also, you need to find an amp with LOC on/off so that when your car is off(the speaker wires dont send signal to the amp), your amp would also turn off. If not then the amp would just drain ur battery even thought its not in use. I learned that after a lot of research
Or you just use the power signal wire that all amps have to turn it on and off with the car.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Or you just use the power signal wire that all amps have to turn it on and off with the car.
where would you hook that up to? I need the heads up so if i do add an amp...i know lol Thanks

Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Gosuballer
where would you hook that up to? I need the heads up so if i do add an amp...i know lol Thanks
Cigarette lighter power works, or the radio's switched power wire.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Cigarette lighter power works, or the radio's switched power wire.
thank you very much. That was some useful information. I just installed my isimple and watched your youtube vidoe on how to remove it. It was one of the best instructional video for cars. Thanks again

Old 11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 03 g35 i put a alpine type x 1000 watss rms in i also have it hooked up to a audio battery when i turn it up loud and the bass hits hard when the car is to shift you really feel the shift shock is this bad and can it mess up my transmission

Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
I just bought pioneer sph-da02 I want to know if I can put that in my dashboard with out switching the stock kit

Old 02-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Hey Guys, Newbie here, and I hate to skip to the end incase this may have already been addressed, but I had a crazy idea that Id love some feed back on...

Ive already run a 500x1 mono amp to 2 Fosgate 10's using an LOC behind the factory Head Unit in my 2008 G35 Journey 4 door w/ the Bose system. I fully intend to eventually replace the borderline crappy bose factory speakers all around, and I know to do that I will need to replace the factory amp, but in the mean time could I somehow install This Clarion Equalizer/Crossover system that I own and is currently collecting dust by using the connections from the factory amp? Here is the equalizer, great deal btw

Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

I mean, would that even be possible? I figure at best I may be able to have a little more control over mids and highs (Since low pass already goes straight through to the subs), Or at worse, Ill just have a sub & bass level **** and an extra input for now? SO....

A: Does this even makes sense & or is possible??

B: If anyone has tried it or anything similar, or has any thoughts or ideas on the matter. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thank You!!

Old 02-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jprescher888
Hey Guys, Newbie here, and I hate to skip to the end incase this may have already been addressed, but I had a crazy idea that Id love some feed back on...

Ive already run a 500x1 mono amp to 2 Fosgate 10's using an LOC behind the factory Head Unit in my 2008 G35 Journey 4 door w/ the Bose system. I fully intend to eventually replace the borderline crappy bose factory speakers all around, and I know to do that I will need to replace the factory amp, but in the mean time could I somehow install This Clarion Equalizer/Crossover system that I own and is currently collecting dust by using the connections from the factory amp? Here is the equalizer, great deal btw

Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

I mean, would that even be possible? I figure at best I may be able to have a little more control over mids and highs (Since low pass already goes straight through to the subs), Or at worse, Ill just have a sub & bass level **** and an extra input for now? SO....

A: Does this even makes sense & or is possible??

B: If anyone has tried it or anything similar, or has any thoughts or ideas on the matter. Any input is greatly appreciated, Thank You!!

You could wire that equalizer (depending what the inputs are like) anywhere between the headunit and bose amp. 8 wires come out the bose headunit for each corner of the car. Identify those and put them through the equalizer. You could place the equalizer in the upper glovebox - I put a single din stereo in there after my stock failed.
But, I don't see the equalizer doing much to the sound, the factory equipment will hold you back.