Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Passenger window won't go up, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Passenger window won't go up, please help

k guys, im desperate here, my passenger window wont go up..it actually went down by itself slowly but surely. as i kept pressing the pass. window button up, it kept going down...? i thought this was just because its super cold here (-44°C). so i went to the car wash and let the car sit and thaw and it went up slowly and went down again! im frustrated as it is but more frustrated because of the sub zero temperature. does anyone know a solution to this problem? what should i do? i dont think the dealership is open today but ill try going there later. PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What year is your G? its a known issue with 03's, had both my window motor replaced.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
yea on my 03 is was the same way with my driver side, its the motor for the window, just take it to the dealership and they will replace it.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:43 AM
s2k
Originally Posted by m@rky
k guys, im desperate here, my passenger window wont go up..it actually went down by itself slowly but surely. as i kept pressing the pass. window button up, it kept going down...? i thought this was just because its super cold here (-44°C). so i went to the car wash and let the car sit and thaw and it went up slowly and went down again! im frustrated as it is but more frustrated because of the sub zero temperature. does anyone know a solution to this problem? what should i do? i dont think the dealership is open today but ill try going there later. PLEASE HELP!!!
Just a long shot... did you lock your window by accident? Check to see if you locked your window

Old 02-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gwel687
yea on my 03 is was the same way with my driver side, its the motor for the window, just take it to the dealership and they will replace it.

mine started doing the same thing......roll it up and it falls to a 1/3 way down. It also won't do the air tight seal thing when the door opens.

Local service department says its the window motor limiter that needs to be reset or replaced. "Just bring it in and we'll change or reset it while you wait"

doc

Old 02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you check if any kids were hanging from it while you were trying to roll it up? I hear that if you are trying to roll it up, but a kid is hanging on it, it will go back down. Be advised that sometimes multiple kids could be hanging from it... or one rather fat kid. Also be advised they are hard to see so it may not be completely obvious there is a kid (be it one skinny, multiple skinny or one fat) hanging from your window.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amthar
Did you check if any kids were hanging from it while you were trying to roll it up? I hear that if you are trying to roll it up, but a kid is hanging on it, it will go back down. Be advised that sometimes multiple kids could be hanging from it... or one rather fat kid. Also be advised they are hard to see so it may not be completely obvious there is a kid (be it one skinny, multiple skinny or one fat) hanging from your window.
Whisky Tango Foxtrot...Put that crack pipe down and slowly back away from it...are you serious? How would one not see a "kid" hanging form your window? his or her hands would be on top of your window...

Old 05-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Is there a quick way to reset it up in th mean time? I had a simlar issuw wwith my old s2000 and you could like turn the motor off while hlding the window down button or something like that?

Old 05-07-2006, 01:43 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine had the same problem. Take it to the dealer. Warranty time!

Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah I'm already going in for the fuel line thing in a few weeks...but is there any way to get that sucker up in the mean time?

Old 05-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amthar

LOL, I thought it was funny...

Old 05-08-2006, 09:38 PM
D00d I have that same problems with those ****ing fat kids jumping on my windows they want my candy

Old 05-31-2006, 12:23 PM
My window just started doing this about an hour ago. Goes up then comes down 1/3rd. I can force it all the way up if it hold up instead of using the click feature. Strange thing is it goes all the way up and stays when the door is open. Checked the seal and it looks fine, no bulges or anything to hit the window. Oh btw, '05 coupe with less than 7k miles on it.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:32 PM
whoa, i totally forgot about this thread...anyway, it was a horrible experience..blistering cold in the middle of winter and all. they replaced my motor with a new one..no more problems! they scratched my tweeter speakers and pass. leather seat though

Old 05-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SithSolo1
My window just started doing this about an hour ago. Goes up then comes down 1/3rd. I can force it all the way up if it hold up instead of using the click feature. Strange thing is it goes all the way up and stays when the door is open. Checked the seal and it looks fine, no bulges or anything to hit the window. Oh btw, '05 coupe with less than 7k miles on it.
DANGER DANGER DANGER - Don't put your window all the way up with the door open - On the coupe you can trash the window if you close the door!!!

There has been problems with window motors on the Gs because of the "auto up" feature. The safety mechanism sometimes get out of sync and thinks it is being activated when the window gets to the top. You can get the window closed, by not activating the "automatic up". Just pull the switch a little and hold it until the window is at the top. Release just before it gets to the top or it will pop down again. Then go to the dealer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Passenger window won't go up, please help