Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Basslink or ID8D4 V.3 w/ JL Audio e1200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Basslink or ID8D4 V.3 w/ JL Audio e1200

Looking at adding some reinforcement to the stock sound system, and I've narrowed my options to either the basslink, or a Image Dynamics ID8D4 in a sealed box with a JL Audio e1200. Both will have 200w rms, and both will play down to 20hz, and my last system in my prelude was an IDQ8 with an alpine amp supplying 120w, which I was satisfied with. Both these systems I am considering appear to be upgrades to my current system in my prelude, so I don't think bass should be a problem. I can build a box for the ID8 which is slightly smaller than the space taken up by the basslink, which is why I am considering it, so that it fits in the cornet nook better. Both systems will end up costing less than $300 total, with the basslink being slightly cheaper.

What would you guys recommend between those two setups, the specs are very similar on paper, and I have some concerns on the basslink due to its plastic construction compared to a thicker MDF box which should reduce resonance, and in theory produce a better sound. I know some people consider the basslink as a poor solution compared to a traditional sub in a box with an amp, so will a well built box with an 8" sub produce more bass than the basslink for the same amount of money?