Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i think you need a few more keys:

Old 06-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question. When you connect your ipod, are you able to control the sound using the ipod itself, or can you use the headunit to control it? Thanks!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Bringing this thread back..
Do you connect your ipod using the charge connection or the headphone connection with the pac aai nis2?

Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by JMAN44544
Thanks bradakrez. This thread was perfect. Installed my IPOD USA Spec PA11-NIS today. Took a little over an hour and I did not even break or scratch anything doing it. I drilled a hole large enough to fit the IPOD cord thru the base of the top compartment of the center console. The IPOD attaches to the inside of the top lid when open, can be pulled all the way over to the passenger seat with ease, and when attached looks like it is mounted there. Incredilble addition to a near perfect ride. ( I know I need a newer IPOD)
Cool this is what I was thinking of doing. Do you have any info about your install you can share with me?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by 06g35meister
i think you need a few more keys:
Over time, that will actully mess your ignition up, and I'd hate to see you do a "how-to: replace a worn out ignition key", haha.

Great write up though !! I'm fixing to do this tomorrow morning, and its nice to know what I'm dealing with before I get knee deep in it.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 AM
Hi all, just thought I'd share this as I'm going to tackle this mini project soon as my car gets out of the shop. Some of you mentioned degradation of sound because of the belkin charger, and some of you mentioned getting a black cable instead of white. Well I found this on that lovely auction site Ebay, and it's BLACK and it charges your ipod without the 12v adapter. Just hardwire it in.

I will be doing this install as well as hardwiring my TomTom at the same time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=024

Old 07-21-2008, 10:08 PM
If I want to use the PA11-NIS and don't want to use the ipod interface (just want the rca aux input interface) do I still need to hook up some sort of power supply, or is hooking the PA11-NIS to the stereo's wiring harnesses enough?

I just want to set up the aux so I can listen to any old gizmo (iphone to scanner) that I may want to hook up.

Also, will installing the PA11-NIS on a standard (non bose) HU in a 06 MT coupe mess up my XM radio?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Does this work for the Iphone 3G as well?

I found this and I read in the Iphone forums that this works but it needs to be connected to a auxiliary port (which i dont think my 06 coupe g has) but oddly there is an "aux" button on the headunit console.
http://www.chipchick.com/2008/06/ken...od_review.html

Thanks in advance for any help

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by gametox
Does this work for the Iphone 3G as well?

I found this and I read in the Iphone forums that this works but it needs to be connected to a auxiliary port (which i dont think my 06 coupe g has) but oddly there is an "aux" button on the headunit console.
http://www.chipchick.com/2008/06/ken...od_review.html

Thanks in advance for any help
The iPod dock portion of these units will NOT work with the new iPhone 3G for charging, only for playing music as far as I know. I have no interest in using the ipod dock, because I don't want to change units everytime I want to hook up a new gizmo, thats why I just want to use the Aux input and then plug the ipod into a cheap standard charger at the same time.

So my questions are these:
I have Sat radio will either of those two units let me keep the sat radio and have an aux input?

Can any one of these be hooked up in the trunk like the factory ipod unit? (I wish that one had a standard auxin)

Will the unit require taping into the power line or will it draw power from the wiring harness? I know there are many threads on this, but there are so many out there that I've read that I'm just plain confused now.

Update:

I finally ended up getting the pac-aai-nis2. I took apart my dash like in the 06 MT HU removal thread and pluged in the unit. The pac aai-nis2 allows for both the power cable and the satellite cable from the non-bose stereo to be "pass through." So I just needed to remove the radio, plug in the correct harnesses (both pass through), and then jam the PAC unit into an open space next to the radio bay. I then snaked both Aux input cables (I bought an extra at Radio Shack to plug into Aux2) out to where I could reach them.

I set my radio to XM2 and then hit preset 2 for Aux 2 or Preset 1 for Aux 1. Works perfectly. Now I can use aux input from any device and also still power my iPhone 3G with a standard USB power plug.

I decided to go with the pac aai-nis2 unit because I don't want to have to go through this whole hassle everytime I get a new gizmo or apple changes the pinouts etc. Goodbye FM modulator!!!

Last edited by lordhamster; 07-27-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
hey guys! ive been away from the forum for a while but im glad this helped... i think everyone has been helpful in answering everyone elses questions!!!.....mine still works fine and i have an ipod touch now and works perfect! ive added more keys to my keychain though...hehe

Old 10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I just installed the AAI-NIS2 module (rev 1.4.17) in my '05 G35 sedan. I installed it according to the instructions, but it only seems to work sporadically. I have factory SIRIUS radio, so I installed it using the "with Sat" option. My understanding is that my radio is supposed to switch to aux 1 when I select "SR2" and then Preset 1. However, when I do this, most of the time I get the satellite radio instead. If I switch to something else (like "CD") and then back to "SR2", preset 1, occasionally it will switch to the aux input (1 out of every 15 or 20 tries), but it will not do it consistently. Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior? Do you think I have a defective unit?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
much props to bradakrez for this! it helped me tremendously with my recent install of the PAC AAI-NIS2.

in fact, his dash removal pics and descriptions where so flawless i "borrowed" them for a little how-to i just put together for anyone looking for a setup like mine.

check it out here: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-aai-nis2.html

don't sue me bradakrez!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
its all good!!!....thanks for the props!!! heheh....u totally have my permission....thats why i made the DIY, so everyone can benefit! by the way, check out proclip usa, they have a holder for iphones
now (kinda pricey though)

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...p_leftorright=

Last edited by bradakrez; 12-04-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm using a iphone vent mount holder from Arkon now and like it. but hmm...i like the concept of those ProClips. going to look into that some more. Thanks!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 AM
damnn can't you just plug it in the lighter thing and put a certain station on...? or something like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal