Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-13-2009 | 12:36 AM
yea I just pulled on it (like i've seen in multiple how-to's) and one of the "prawls" or whatever its called in the Infiniti maintenance manual, broke off.

Theres NO glue at all on this. Theres two clips on evenly spaced in the middle, and two plastic knubs that stick out the right and left that stick into holes on the lower trim piece. one of these is what broke off when i pulled it straight out. there must be a way of unclipping these side pieces before pulling it straight out.

Also, when i put it all back together, i couldn't re-seat the knub (the one that did not break) in the lower trim piece. I have no idea how to do it. So now the upper trim piece stays on no problem, but if you try to lift the front of it, it does move whereas before it didn't move. There is also a slight gap between the lower and upper trim pieces.

If anyone knows how to reattach these two pieces together, please let me know.

Also did anyone have trouble getting the two large pieces on either side of the radio off? I couldn't figure out the right way to pull them off, even AFTER i had finally muscled them out and inspected the piece while it was uninstalled. the bottom of it just didn't want to come out but theres no clips on it until you get like half way up the radio. it just sits in a groove in the center console.

I just hope i don't have to take this USA Spec thing out cause its not going to be fun lol

does an iPod interface (Usa Spec) void the warranty????

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:07 AM
i like

Old 09-02-2009 | 02:27 PM
thanks for info

Old 09-20-2009 | 06:11 PM
Anyone install the PAC uPAC-NIS1 unit?

Old 10-02-2009 | 11:11 PM
I just got my 6-speed 2006 coupe and I want to install aux in. However I dont have sat radio so would I still be able to do this?

Old 10-19-2009 | 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by gagt11
yea I just pulled on it (like i've seen in multiple how-to's) and one of the "prawls" or whatever its called in the Infiniti maintenance manual, broke off.

Theres NO glue at all on this. Theres two clips on evenly spaced in the middle, and two plastic knubs that stick out the right and left that stick into holes on the lower trim piece. one of these is what broke off when i pulled it straight out. there must be a way of unclipping these side pieces before pulling it straight out.

Also, when i put it all back together, i couldn't re-seat the knub (the one that did not break) in the lower trim piece. I have no idea how to do it. So now the upper trim piece stays on no problem, but if you try to lift the front of it, it does move whereas before it didn't move. There is also a slight gap between the lower and upper trim pieces.

If anyone knows how to reattach these two pieces together, please let me know.

Also did anyone have trouble getting the two large pieces on either side of the radio off? I couldn't figure out the right way to pull them off, even AFTER i had finally muscled them out and inspected the piece while it was uninstalled. the bottom of it just didn't want to come out but theres no clips on it until you get like half way up the radio. it just sits in a groove in the center console.

I just hope i don't have to take this USA Spec thing out cause its not going to be fun lol

does an iPod interface (Usa Spec) void the warranty????
Ok, so first of all...I am glad I read your post before I attempted taking everything apart.

Yes, there is a way to take off the two pieces without breaking the nubs on the sides...First you pull the top piece on the end and pull it towards the clock. Then you push towards the door on the lower piece right up where it comes to a point. That worked for me to get that little nub to detach itself from the bottom piece.

Lol, I only know this because I had put everything back together, and then realized that I had read some directions wrong, lol.

Also, I found it easiest to put those two clock pieces together, and then just kind of bend and get them in, that way, I made sure the nubs were into their little holes.

On the side pieces, the easiest thing I found was to unscrew the bottom screw, and then pull the piece towards the door, that way, most of the clip things come out, and that was the ONLY way I could get them out, really a bitch to get out.

And ya I have no idea about the warranty, I hope not!

PS-Does the Usa Spec take away the cd player functionality? I thought it said that in a few places...but wasn't sure

Old 10-20-2009 | 11:38 PM
I was just about to order the AAI-Nis2 from ebay then found it on amazon for way cheaper. (I trust amazon way more than ebay).

ebay = $88+$10 shipping.
Amazon = $67 + free shipping Amazon = $67 + free shipping

Im also ordering the RCA to IPOD charger unit.

Direct Audio Input From iPod Dock Connector to RCA Cable
$15 + $4 shipping on Amazon

I might go with this one so i can get a plug n play video adapter to work my nav screen so i can play my ipod video player.

3 wire plug...

whats available for connecting to the nav screen? like video inputs that just pug in and have a manual switch or something???

Old 11-03-2009 | 11:12 AM
Sorry if this has been asked, but i have a NON-BOSE radio and non Premium package 05 G35 Coupe 6spd. Basically, I have the base model with just the radio headunit having the CD, Radio, SSV, DISP buttons. Question is will the AAI-Nis2 work with my car or will i have to buy something else. On the site it said for the AAI-Nis2 that i have to have the SAT button on my car.

Thank You for any replies.

Old 11-11-2009 | 11:55 PM
This is amazing, there is a lot of work to do, I wonder if it would be easier to just buy a new head unit. I don't know, but is there a way to hook up a cable for my phone also? Does anyone know what wire I'd use for a Nokia e71?

Old 11-16-2009 | 12:10 PM
I installed the PAC AAI-NIS2 and the sound quality sounds awful. It sounds as if its in a radio frequency channel and you can hear the background noise a lot. I dont know if i installed it wrong but this is the way i did it. I disconnected the 12 pin from the radio and connected that to the AAI-NIS2, then connected the AAI-NIS2 12 pin to the radio (as stated in the instructions). Then i disconnected the 10 pin from the radio and connected it to the AAI-NIS2, then connected the 10 pin from the AAI-NIS2 to the radio (the instructions that came with the AAI-NIS2 says insert AAI-NIS2 10 pin main power plug in between the factory radio and factory harness <----- do not know what they mean by that......... It never mentions to disconnect the radios 10 pin, nor to connect it to the AAI-NIS2.) Is that where i messed up or did i install it correctly?

BTW the AAI-NIS2 10 pin does not fit snugly into the radio 10 pin possition where the original one is. I had to force it in.

Thank you for your replies.

Old 12-05-2009 | 11:55 PM
I have an 06 AT with Bose, aftermarket Sirius & 3GS Iphone. What exactly do I need? Do I only buy the PAC AAI-NIS2 since the aftermarket chargers don't work with 3GS? I'd like to have my phone charge as I am using it to play music but it absolutely required. I just want to be sure I'm buying all the right stuff. Thanks

Old 12-12-2009 | 06:31 PM
I stop by an audio shop up the street from me after all this came in just for sharts n gigles to ask how much it cost to install everything.

The charged me $80 and was done in 45 minutes (2 guys working on it). That was worth it to me since i know i would spend a good deal of saturday working on it. I did get home and take off my arm rest to ash tray, drilled a knotch in the armrest to pull the cable thru vs the side location they put it.

sounds just as good ar my cd player so im a happy camper.

thanks for all the info i got off this thread...it made a dream I wanted for a few years come tru within a week lol...

Old 03-13-2010 | 06:07 PM
I just tried to install the PAC AAI-NIS2 in my 06 AT coupe with premium audio and navi and i get nothing? I press the radio button and it only cycles through AM-FM1-FM2, why would an 06 with premium audio not be satellite ready?

Old 03-27-2010 | 06:43 PM
So I guess this is a silly question, but how do I turn off the car while in drive? Or do you put it in drive with the car in "ACC" or "On" and then pull the negative terminal from the battery which turns the car off?

I've got an '06 coupe with the intelligent keyfob and I was able to turn the car off while in neutral, but it looks like I am unable to do so while in drive.

Edit: Yup, silly question, I have an automatic and I wasn't disengaging the shift lock

Last edited by Eldo; 03-29-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2010 | 04:19 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
Neutral should be fine to get the piece off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal