Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, snapped a quick pick of my install if anyone wants to see. I removed the center console, fed the USA spec cable from the head unit under the console to the USA spec unit, then the ipod cable from the USA spec unit through a hole I drilled in the center console just below the DC power adapter. Once the cable is in, you can't even see the hole unless you tilt your head in a really awkward position. I placed the USA spec box inside the area close to where the arm rest is attached to the console, for easy access. I also used a non3G charging USA spec cable with a Scoshe passport charging adapter to take care of a high pitch noise issue I was having.

Attached Thumbnails PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal-photo.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the creators of this thread, just installed my usa spec and the quality is superb

Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I did a modification of this, installed a PA11-NIS, on 2005 without SAT button.

THe unit works great, however doesnt offer full functionality control of my iphone 3GS. The unit provided one iphone control, and one AUX. I split the one AUX into two, wired up Sirius Satellite radio, and the second Aux i put a female 1/8 inch headphone jack aux in, behind the center console, above the ash tray, so passengers in the rear can plug in an aux device, or control my laptop with 500gb external HD full of mp3..

So far I am stoked, i can send pics of the final result and how i wired all of it if you want to see?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
okay so I installed the pac unit and everything went according to plan, thank u for the awesome DIY but when I went to test it out, no music came. I have an 05 MT coupe with navi and when I put it on SR1 or 2 no music comes. I flipped the sat switch to on and off and neither worked. pretty sure the pac unit works because if I unplug either connection the power goes off or the sat is not connected. Anyone else have this problem or know whats going on? Im really stuck and cant figure out where I went wrong. I must be missing something really stupid

Old 07-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've purchased PAC AAI-NIS2 and two rca/3.5mm cables (hopefully it will be here this week). How do you guys secure the RCA connection on the PAC? RCA connection are not very tight and I am afraid if I yank the 3.5mm cable too much that it may loosen it thus I plan to connect two RCA connection just in case one comes lose. I would hate to take out the console just to plug the rca back in. Can you crazy glue it or something?

For the ones that have the 3.5mm hanging down the right console area. What do you do after you are done listening? Do you roll up the extra cables and tuck it back into the plastic console?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Did my PAC-AAI-NIS2 today. Reading all the threads, I didn't see anyone putting it INSIDE the cigarette lighter / coin box. I was able to get one of the aux line into that coin box without drilling a hole and it's all stealth looking when I close the cig/coin box.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Did my PAC-AAI-NIS2 today. Reading all the threads, I didn't see anyone putting it INSIDE the cigarette lighter / coin box. I was able to get one of the aux line into that coin box without drilling a hole and it's all stealth looking when I close the cig/coin box.

How did you get it through the coin pocket?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by KwickG35
How did you get it through the coin pocket?
First, remove the coin box insert inside the coin box. It's a container inside a container. Once you take that out, you'll see a tab and a small opening. The tab is flexible and thus that's how the wire comes out from the inside. Then separate the coin box from the shifter console. There's a metal plate in back of the coin box. Remove the metal plate and you will be able to pull a wire through the coin box.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
hey mikeee

So, I have been reading this thread, and Mikeee, you are the first one that I have seen that has a non bose system. So my question is, does the non bose system have all the connections in the rear of the radio that the bose one does? Obviously it must, but I just want one more assurance, lol. I just didn't want to buy this adapter, take everything apart, and then find that it wasn't compatible, lol. but seeing your's gives me hope So, please let me know, thanks!

Last edited by FreddyNJ; 07-26-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by FreddyNJ
So, I have been reading this thread, and Mikeee, you are the first one that I have seen that has a non bose system. So my question is, does the non bose system have all the connections in the rear of the radio that the bose one does? Obviously it must, but I just want one more assurance, lol. I just didn't want to buy this adapter, take everything apart, and then find that it wasn't compatible, lol. but seeing your's gives me hope So, please let me know, thanks!
Yes, I believe it has the same plugs. Many people on this forum with bose systems had the PAC AAI-NIS2 installed so I think that should be enough assurance for you. It cost me $66 bucks on ebay.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
ok, thanks for the quick reply Ya, I have the non bose system just like you have, And, yes, I have all my questions answered and am now going to buy the PAC and I will let you know what happens, thanks man!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by FreddyNJ
ok, thanks for the quick reply Ya, I have the non bose system just like you have, And, yes, I have all my questions answered and am now going to buy the PAC and I will let you know what happens, thanks man!
HAHA...you have NON bose just like me and I already had mines working. Isn't that 100% assurance already?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Lol, ya, sometimes I wouldn't even believe that grass is green

Old 08-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Pulling out the trim piece over the clock

Do you just pull this piece out and break the glue holding it in? or are there some snaps that I need to press on or something to get it to slide out.

I've tried just pulling on it and it feels like something is going to break

Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by gagt11

Do you just pull this piece out and break the glue holding it in? or are there some snaps that I need to press on or something to get it to slide out.

I've tried just pulling on it and it feels like something is going to break

yep, thats where i got and I broke my **** because this joker says to just "pull towards you". well i did that and broke these plastic clips right off and now it wont seat back properly.

now i have to pay infiniti to fix it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PAC AAI-NIS2 iPod Adapter Installation Guide & 05+ Dash Removal