DIY guide: KPtechnologies OEM alarm beep module install + video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by filanj
Can someone post a DIY for installing the window up module??? I've had this thing for like 9 months now and haven't gotten around to getting it installed. I tried twice, but def didn't do it correctly obviously since it still isn't installed
did you get the install instructions with the module? I followed that and it was fairly easy.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WaLLy
Hello KP,

I followed this install guide to the T and the only problem I have is the beeps are very slowwww to beep.

I will be making a short video tonight to show you what I'm talking about. I've only had the regular/normal short beeps about 3 days from the whole time I've had it lol
How long ago did you purchase it? There were a few when we first released them that had an 'occasional' beep length issue. We have since fixed them and haven't had any complains on any module purchased in the past few months.

If you would like to send the module back to have it inspected shoot me a PM and I'll give you the necessary information.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you get the install instructions with the module? I followed that and it was fairly easy.
I followed that and must have messed up somehow. Kev said he would replace it if I couldn't get it to work when I use a tester with the install. That was back in the fall and I just totally forgot about the thing. Once I'm out of school next week I'm going to try it again.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned
Can someone post a DIY for installing the window up module??? I've had this thing for like 9 months now and haven't gotten around to getting it installed. I tried twice, but def didn't do it correctly obviously since it still isn't installed
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236

It is possible (although unlikely) to damage the unit if it is installed inproperly. If you would like us to take a look at it to make sure it is still in good working order let me know. This would, of course, be covered for free under our 'no questions' asked warranty program.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
How long ago did you purchase it? There were a few when we first released them that had an 'occasional' beep length issue. We have since fixed them and haven't had any complains on any module purchased in the past few months.

If you would like to send the module back to have it inspected shoot me a PM and I'll give you the necessary information.
Do I have to cut any of the existing wires again? If so, I will just probably live with it

Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I followed that and must have messed up somehow. Kev said he would replace it if I couldn't get it to work when I use a tester with the install. That was back in the fall and I just totally forgot about the thing. Once I'm out of school next week I'm going to try it again.
I will be removing my door panels to change out the bulbs on the door, so I can take a quick picture for you to show where all the wires went and what not.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=236

It is possible (although unlikely) to damage the unit if it is installed inproperly. If you would like us to take a look at it to make sure it is still in good working order let me know. This would, of course, be covered for free under our 'no questions' asked warranty program.
I know I never got back to you about this Kev. Sorry about that. I have more faith in your products than I do in me installing them I will let you know about how the install goes again. I'm going to get one of my friends that works with car wiring like this to help me out.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned
I will be removing my door panels to change out the bulbs on the door, so I can take a quick picture for you to show where all the wires went and what not.

When I bought it from discomonkey (chris), he took pictures for me of where things went on his, but some things were different behind his panel that confused me.

ps I don't think you need to remove the door panel to replace the step lights. I didn't need to when i did mine.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
When I bought it from discomonkey (chris), he took pictures for me of where things went on his, but some things were different behind his panel that confused me.

ps I don't think you need to remove the door panel to replace the step lights. I didn't need to when i did mine.
The install guide that KP directed to you is the way to follow it. If your friend wants to install it, the easiest way for him to do it is he might want to read the install guide so he can more or less know where he's going to tap into.

I remember I had to go back to the instructions every once in a while.

Wanna drive to socal so I can install it? lol i kidd, i kidd

Old 05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned
The install guide that KP directed to you is the way to follow it. If your friend wants to install it, the easiest way for him to do it is he might want to read the install guide so he can more or less know where he's going to tap into.

I remember I had to go back to the instructions every once in a while.

Wanna drive to socal so I can install it? lol i kidd, i kidd
I hear ya. Kev's directions will be followed regardless.

I'm actually probably moving to Laguna Niguel in the fall ... I haven't decided yet.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Originally Posted by vuster
It's only on the Unlock. I've had the module installed for about 2 months and it has happened about 5 times.
I actually have the same problem - one beep on unlock. I've actually ignored the problem, as it is so random when it happens. But once I hear it, I say "why did it only beep once?" I do find it odd that someone else has the same problem...I thought it was just my unit.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Banned
Do I have to cut any of the existing wires again? If so, I will just probably live with it
Sorry, didn't see this post yesterday (too many posts too fast!).

The module can be unplugged, but you will have to cut the 'beeper' wires. These are the small twisted red and black wires that have to be spliced during installation anyway.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Sorry, didn't see this post yesterday (too many posts too fast!).

The module can be unplugged, but you will have to cut the 'beeper' wires. These are the small twisted red and black wires that have to be spliced during installation anyway.
Ok I'll be removing it on Saturday and how do I go about shipping it back?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone in the Tulsa area to aid in installation?

Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the orange wire only used if you wire the optional relay?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY guide: KPtechnologies OEM alarm beep module install + video