Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Cassman
Here are the instructions:

1. With the door open, lift up and hold the window switch until the window is completely closed.

* do not use the auto-up function and do not release the switch until the window is completely closed.

2. Get inside the vehicle and close the door. You need to close the door so the door switch is fully depressed.

3. Press and hold the window regulator motor reset switch. While holding the reset switch, press DOWN and HOLD until the window is all the way down.

* Do not use the auto close function and do not release the switch until the window is completely open.

4. Release the reset switch.

5. Then lift UP and HOLD the window switch until the window is completely closed.

* Do not use the auto close function and do not release the switch until the window is completely closed.

6. Open the door to release the door switch. The window glass should move partially down.

That is it. This came from the official Infiniti window reset procedure. It is PDF and I had no way to paste it, so I just typed it in.

Im about to do both my windows as they automatically dont go up anymore, they stop half way and u have to manually hold button until all the way up. one question, where is this Press and hold the window regulator motor reset switch? if its on the motor than how do you close and open the door when the door trim is off and the button to push up or down is on the trim???

Thanks

Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy problems with motor assembly

Hi folks,
I've followed the tutorial and I got stuck on reassembling the motor. After I insert the core I can't
put the top part (with the magnet) tightly. There is always small gap.

See the following picture:

I tried orienting the core in many ways but this gap is always present and because of that I can't put the screws back. This has been really franstrating for the past several days

Any hints on how to get everything into alignment?

Just in case all parts look good to me:

I'm desperately looking for help. Please

Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by itomatik
Hi folks,
I've followed the tutorial and I got stuck on reassembling the motor. After I insert the core I can't
put the top part (with the magnet) tightly. There is always small gap.

See the following picture:

I tried orienting the core in many ways but this gap is always present and because of that I can't put the screws back. This has been really franstrating for the past several days

Any hints on how to get everything into alignment?

Just in case all parts look good to me:

I'm desperately looking for help. Please

Your brushes are pretty low, your gonna have to replace with a brush kit, its kinda beyond cleaning. But to get it back on get two strips of thin cardboard and place over either side of the brushes so that they come over the edge.

That way when you insert the coil part it doesnt get caught on the brushes and you can push it all the way down and then pull the carboard tabs out and you will see the brushes make contact with the coil. screw in clockwise until you feel resistance where it kind of spins anti-clockwise when you stop screwing in.

Then put the cover back on and wiggle it so the top bit sits in its little hole and then push down forcefully.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i had the same issue. so out of frustrationi decided to get a wooden hammer to smash it back in cus no matter wat i did it wouldnt go down that extra 1cm. so after wards its went in but at the very bottom of the motor housing where the shaft went into cracked. and in there was a flat bead looking donuts shaped thing that's was blocking the shaft from fully seating. so i figured that's wat was blocking the entry. u could probably shine a light in there n see it. so that probably ur problem. the bead thing got moved or shifted n is blocking it. as for how u would fix it idk. pardon the grammar errors typing from phone n don't got the energy to correct things lol. good luck. BTW ur better off replacing the motor.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
also the bead thing is metal. I'm guessing it acts as some kind of stopper for the motor

Old 01-28-2011, 05:21 PM
still not there

Originally Posted by R6n350GT
Your brushes are pretty low, your gonna have to replace with a brush kit, its kinda beyond cleaning. But to get it back on get two strips of thin cardboard and place over either side of the brushes so that they come over the edge.

That way when you insert the coil part it doesnt get caught on the brushes and you can push it all the way down and then pull the carboard tabs out and you will see the brushes make contact with the coil. screw in clockwise until you feel resistance where it kind of spins anti-clockwise when you stop screwing in.

Then put the cover back on and wiggle it so the top bit sits in its little hole and then push down forcefully.
This didn't work for me. I tried those thin strips but the coil goes down as deep as it would without of those strips. I will try the hammer way But are there any other suggestions?

It might be easier for me to just buy a new motor, since I've already spent several days without of my car and hours of frustration

Old 02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
First let me say that this thread and the bythebay video was a huge help in replacing my door motor so thank you thank you thank you!

Something however got screwed up and I need some advice. My motor didn't work at all, replaced with a new one and started doing the reset but may battery died from the ignition being on so long listening to music(yeah, stupid on my part). Anyway, I jumped it, did the reset (which gave me trouble and had to do several times) but it worked. Now though my window won't go up and down when closed. If I open the door to the point the lights go on(triggering the door switch) it works fine but as soon as I close it or close it enough to hit the switch the lights on the buttons go out and won't work agian until opened. When I open the door it goes down a couple mm but it won't go back up when I close the door. I have to trick it by opening the door, putting the window down a bit, using the auto up and closing the door while it's going up on its own in order for it to seal. WTF Did I do?

Old 02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
My passenger window went dead. I went to a shop and got an estimate of over $400 for parts and labor so i decided to clean the motor to see if it would solve the problem. I followed the guide and now my window works perfectly.
Awesome guide, thanks!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Great tips about turning the spindle counter-clockwise.... wish I read the tips before doing it because I was pulling on the spindle since everyone said it should just come right out....

Just did the cleaning today... hardest part was putting the screws that hold the tracks.

Another tip would be to use some painters tape to tape the window to the door - playing around with the window to get the holes to line up was no fun.

Originally Posted by kidtronix
HAHAHA I just did this DIY and saved myself a ****load of time and money! I didnt replace ANYTHING—just gave everything a thorough cleaning.

TIPS:

• Turn the spindle counter-clockwise to unthread it from the gear it spins against

• Get a new razor blade to clean the build up out from between the copper blocks on the motor's spindle

• After cleaning the motor parts with alcohol, put on some leather gloves and rub everything on the spindle to get a clean polish on it. The leather ensures that all the debris is removed.

• When rebuilding the motor, drop the spindle in and rotate it clockwise to thread it against the gear it runs—only thread it in until you feel a little resistance, then stop and replace the shroud over it.

• Finish up by doing the window limit switch reset sequence found here https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...procedure.html

Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Aced16
Dont know if this is covered, but my window wont go down or up with the door closed, but if i open past 45degrees the window goes up and down without an issue. if i push the button with the door closed, it makes a clicking/buzz sound. any ideas?
Did you ever find the solution for this. Your the only other person with the same issue I've found with tons of searching. I'm having the exact same issue. Drivers side works fine all the time. Passanger side only works with door open. The whole switch loses power when the door is fully closed but opened its fine. Happened right after I replaced my motor.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by itomatik
This didn't work for me. I tried those thin strips but the coil goes down as deep as it would without of those strips. I will try the hammer way But are there any other suggestions?

It might be easier for me to just buy a new motor, since I've already spent several days without of my car and hours of frustration
+1 for this problem..anyone know how to get the cover to fully screw back in?

Edit: Nvm got it. Thanks for the DIY. Like everyone else said..saved me the 400+ quote from the shop

Last edited by by15vc; 02-26-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Amazing write up...my window motor was guuuunked up
Now it works better than before!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know if you purchase the window motor from autozone does it come with the reset assembly? When you open the door the windows only goes down. I have tried the reset procedure several time and it still does the same thing. The orignal problem was the window went down and would not go up unless you hit the switch in the right place, I bought a switch off ebay and cleaned the motor and it works perfect except It will not reset.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 PM
^its one piece with the motor

Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My drivers window started to act up the other day. It has always gotten stuck all the way up or down but if I opened and closed the door it would work again. It goes down completely smoothly But now if I use the auto-up function is goes up really slow, almost like there is something that is holding it back, and once it's up all the way, it goes down halfway. I can then close it without using the auto function, but then it makes a grinding noise.

I took the door panel off and did the reset procedure and it did nothing. Going to do the cleaning procedure tomorrow. Anyone else had this problem with the window basically struggling to rise and making noise?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal