Lack of drivers seat headroom? Easy, easy $0 Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35C2B
...Grab a clean rag to wipe your hands on after you mess with the rod...
I always do! Heh heh. I know I'm childish, but I couldn't resist making a joke...

Seriously, though. Great discovery! I've always had a hard time with hitting the roof liner. I just went out to the garage and adjusted that nut as you suggested. Thanks!

Old 05-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MODS- Can we please make this a sticky? Thanks.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will this fix effect the vertical movements of your seat?

Old 05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just did the mod. Easy... but hard to get to thats all.

PROBLEM is i still need more room.

What do you guys think if i REMOVE that washer right after the locking nut. I think it could be possible to get an extra 1/4 in. ANyone think it might do harm. I looked at it but dont see how it could.

OPINIONS???

Old 05-02-2005, 11:33 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by myGspot
just did the mod. Easy... but hard to get to thats all.

PROBLEM is i still need more room.

What do you guys think if i REMOVE that washer right after the locking nut. I think it could be possible to get an extra 1/4 in. ANyone think it might do harm. I looked at it but dont see how it could.

OPINIONS???
DON'T REMOVE IT!!! Your seat could come off track when driving. That and it does stop for a reason. Moving it even farther back will damage wires carpet ext!

Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by WRAH
DON'T REMOVE IT!!! Your seat could come off track when driving. That and it does stop for a reason. Moving it even farther back will damage wires carpet ext!
i dont thing i coule come of track. Dont forget the bolt is still stoping it from going further.

I didnt see any wires there... and who cares about carpet.. its under the seat.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by myGspot
i dont thing i coule come of track. Dont forget the bolt is still stoping it from going further.

I didnt see any wires there... and who cares about carpet.. its under the seat.
I also notice that the seat hits the side floor near the console. I don't think it will drop much farther!

Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Good post, but I am 6'2" and don't have any problems. If i spiked my hair it would definately touch, but otherwise I am confortable. Maybe I cruise lower in the seats than most?

Old 05-04-2005, 10:35 AM
well i'm 6'4 and i know that i need another 1in of clearance. DAMN YOU SHORT PEOPLE. hehehe

LIke i said.... My 03 does not have that problem. So now instead of driving 05.... i still drive 03 more then i should.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id like to see a 6" tall guy do this on a coupe lol... a 6" tall person mod, modded by a 5" tall person LOL!

Old 05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
_jb
Photographer

I've wanted a Coupe since I first saw pictures of them in car magazines. I almost bought one sight unseen, but decided that was a bad idea. Sitting in one showed that my 6'-3" frame didn't fiit at all. I bought something else, but have always loved the Coupes. Now, I'm thinking about buying one again, however...

I talked to the Service Manager at Lokey Infinity in Florida about this mod a few weeks ago. I thought he would have already heard of it... not the case. He said he had not heard of this mod, but said it would "alter the seat restraint system" and of course couldn't be done. It didn't seem like a big deal to me, but he seemed dead set against it.

I'm just posting this to explain why the dealers might not have mentioned this... at least it's one possible reason they haven't mentioned it.

-jb

Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 PM
if the seat wasn't meant to be adjusted, there wouldn't be adjustments built into it

i just did this to my car, moved the nut so it's about a quarter in further forward than it was before. it's even easier if you use a 14mm wrench, just get it around the nut and turn as much as you can, press the lower button, turn again. repeat until it's where you want it.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Can anyone post better pics/instructions of this mod? Including better identifiers/pics of which nut to turn, which way to turn them?

I am DYING to try this but do not want to f-up my seat!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow I'm out of town reading this and can't wait to do this. I'm 6'6" and had to shop around for a while to find a plain coupe without the sunroof for the extra headroom. I have about 1.5 inches right now, what a difference this will make.

Makes me wonder if I could have gotten a 6MT now... but I think I still would have had issues with the clutch. It seems that my knww would hit the steering wheel, even if it is extended up and out as far as possible.

Anyway suite find!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I could understand a coupe w/sunroof possibly needing more headroom - but you'd have to be WELL over 6' (more like 6’4” and above) to need more headroom in the sedan with seat in its lowest position.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lack of drivers seat headroom? Easy, easy $0 Fix