ARC Front Strut Bar...help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice! Too bad I have the Stillen blower now. Pretty much nothing will work there...haha....

Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Very nice! Too bad I have the Stillen blower now. Pretty much nothing will work there...haha....
then you're a prime candidate for VRT's bar.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 636Racer
Awsome!

It's like getting prescription drugs. Why buy name brand when generic brands will do just the same.
funny you say that =) i am hoping to attend pharmacy school starting this fall..... thats if i do good on my interviews

Old 02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
here are shots of the clearance

it clears the liner...we put a drop of lotion on the bar, closed the hood, and inspected the liner for absorption of the lotion
try some baby powder or flour as it's more obvious than lotion to
spot it. the bend angles on the bar looks different than mine.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM
-

Alu. is good enough for me! Ship me one now,

I'll pay you later when your pricing come out

Originally Posted by richie
I just wanted to tease you guys with the box =P

Here is a pic of the actual bar. Bar made out of alu and tower brackets made out of steel. More pics/details will be posted soon

Old 02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^+1

Old 02-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What?? Ouuucchhhh, Its aluminum ??? ! Oh, no. Is it T6?? That thing WILL flex or more likely bend, and maybe even bend up into the hood .
I have tested many materials befor setteling on the materials that I have.
I realy do hope people relieze that before tracking their car or exposing it to any hard lateral G loads. Good luck guys.......

Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by wa2good
What?? Ouuucchhhh, Its aluminum ??? ! Oh, no. Is it T6?? That thing WILL flex or more likely bend, and maybe even bend up into the hood .
I realy do hope people relieze that before tracking their car or exposing it to any hard lateral G loads. Good luck guys.......
I hope that was sarcasm, because 95%+ of the strut bars and braces on the market are made of Aluminum. I have yet to see any cars, including the numerous japanese track and drift cars, that use aluminum bracing, bend an aluminum bar. And if there was anyone as hardcore as to put that much lateral G on their cars, they shouldn't have a problem paying $700 for a Titanium brace or making something themselves. The ARC replica is a simple off-the-shelf peice that will serve its function for the many people that just need some extra rigidity up front at a price thats reasonable.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 AM
OMG! So you got a bling ARC strut bar, I'm not doubting the craftsmanship nor the quality of their products as everyone knows, its the ish. But to say that a "replica" strut bar will bend and shoot through the hood with "hard lateral g loads" is completely erroneous!
I have seen D1 drift cars with replica strut bars, road racers using ebay replica strut bars and NONE and I mean NONE have I ever personally seen bend and shoot up into/through the hood. I've seen canyon runs where people flipped and rolled down the freaking side of a mountain and the strut bar is fully intact! (based off high g loads that overpowered the suspension of the car)
I apologize in advance, but I think you are upset that someone has made a knock off of your precious ARC TI strut bar. Pure and simple, a strut bar is a strut bar. It's not a piece of high tech aeronautical material that will shave 10 seconds off your track run while increasing lateral g forces to +5.0. I'm sure you and others know, you'll get more performance out of a good set of sway bars *coughs* some are made out of aluminum, than a strut bar.

Not everyone has the money to buy expensive bling parts, hence why ROTA wheels makes peoples dreams come true. I am not condoning it, but just stating a fact of life. Everyone has a budget, some bigger than others.

/rant

Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I don't think he meant the bar will "shoot throught the hood". I think he is referring to the fact that there are only a few millimeters seperating the bar from the hood. If the bar were to bend slightly it could possibly push up onto the bottom of the hood.
I don't know if this would happen but it doesn't seem too far fetched.
Also I don't think wa2good has an ARC bar. I believe that he is from VRT and actually makes strut braces.

I'm not taking sides here but you seem to have flown off the handle pretty quickly. Especially considering that it's your first post.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Ummmmm, here ya go.......

Old 02-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by omghi2u
OMG! So you got a bling ARC strut bar, I'm not doubting the craftsmanship nor the quality of their products as everyone knows, its the ish. But to say that a "replica" strut bar will bend and shoot through the hood with "hard lateral g loads" is completely erroneous!
I have seen D1 drift cars with replica strut bars, road racers using ebay replica strut bars and NONE and I mean NONE have I ever personally seen bend and shoot up into/through the hood. I've seen canyon runs where people flipped and rolled down the freaking side of a mountain and the strut bar is fully intact! (based off high g loads that overpowered the suspension of the car)
I apologize in advance, but I think you are upset that someone has made a knock off of your precious ARC TI strut bar. Pure and simple, a strut bar is a strut bar. It's not a piece of high tech aeronautical material that will shave 10 seconds off your track run while increasing lateral g forces to +5.0. I'm sure you and others know, you'll get more performance out of a good set of sway bars *coughs* some are made out of aluminum, than a strut bar.

Not everyone has the money to buy expensive bling parts, hence why ROTA wheels makes peoples dreams come true. I am not condoning it, but just stating a fact of life. Everyone has a budget, some bigger than others.

/rant
Ummm, What?? I don't even know where to begin with you on this ^^ post, and just how wrong it is about what I said, what I do, who I am, etc........ So I am going to just pretend that I did not even read it.

FYI, in the future do some research on someone and what they do, who they are, who they represent, what they make, their reputation of what they make, their reviews on their work, products, etc. before you start typing.

Thank you.....

Last edited by wa2good; 02-04-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned
Back to the main topic...... Strut tower braces.
Weather you buy a ARC brace, a fake ARC brace, or a VRT strut tower brace, just be sure of what you are buying, what you are buying it for, and you will be just fine. I personally do not care to make these PITA braces anymore, there just isn't that much profit in it to justify making it, and especially then having to go through all of this on a damn message board. I just make them to fill the orders for those that want them and order them from me. I started making these things over a year ago, JUST because I NEEDED one on my G and I (after a couple years) was tired of waiting around for some company to make one. I took the pain staking initiative to start the process of perfecting what is now my VRT Pro Series Strut Tower Brace. My stand now is..... If you want one of mine, the original STB, then order one, if you want to pay for an ARC one, then thats great, If you want to buy one from a company that tried to copy the ARC brace, then do it. I am sure that they all probably help out in some way...some more than others. Its all good to me. But I am over discussing it....

There are some reviews, a DIY, and some other info that you might find some usefull information on about my STB, just do a search..............

Thanks again

Last edited by wa2good; 02-04-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 PM
I went down on my bike at the track and it bent my rearsets and clip ons, made of thick 6061 T6 Alum. Then I had my old sponser make some 7075 grade rearsets, just for the reason if I went down again...I wont have to get new ones again.

Just wondering what grade of aluminum is the bar made of? I hope its better than 6061, even it it seems strong enough.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
I went down on my bike at the track and it bent my rearsets and clip ons, made of thick 6061 T6 Alum. Then I had my old sponser make some 7075 grade rearsets, just for the reason if I went down again...I wont have to get new ones again.

Just wondering what grade of aluminum is the bar made of? I hope its better than 6061, even it it seems strong enough.
I am pretty sure that the bar is made from t-6061 aluminum, as thats the industry "standard". While I believe that concern for the material is pertinent, I think that we are getting slightly carried away with the raw materials of this bar. This is a supplementary structural bracing device. Meaning that its intended to be used in conjunction or to support the functions of another device. If this was a safety designated product, I'd definitely be more concerned about its construction materials.

Its simply different strokes for different folks. Some people want stainless steel while others prefer titanium. We already know that the strength and rigidity will vary depending on the design as well as the material used. What it boils down to in the end is a balance between cost and benefits. While some people will really give the bar a beating, others may not. I have heard nothing but good things about the current braces available to the G35 market. The decision to produce a replica of the ARC was to simply meet the needs of those that aren't willing to pay XXX amount for a brace and yet still want to increase rigidity to the fronts of their cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARC Front Strut Bar...help?