Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
No FSTB will ever work w/my Stillen blower
Not true......

I have designed a version of one of my G35 STB's that fits perfectly with the Stillen SC, I've been using it for a while and it works great....

PM me if you would like to order one.......

Old 11-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kenchan
i think it has to be made out of strong material like titanium in order
to have the rigidity as the arc. you make it out of stainless at that
thickness, probably be just a dressup conversation piece for nothing
but dressup.
feels pretty good to me

here is a little teaser picture for you guys

Attached Thumbnails ARC Front Strut Bar...help?-teaser.jpg  
Old 11-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Richie,
when is that replica strut bar going to be available for sale?
Mike

Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by richie
feels pretty good to me

good for you.

kinda like driving around with wheelmax wheels that look like
Volks and SSR's. lol. but it's your car.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
good for you.

it's under the hood, nobody is going to see it
as long as it does the job, it's fine with me

Old 11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
im going to be taking down the pictures (page3) pretty soon as i need to
clear up some space for other picts that im going to be uploading.

right click save if you want them. expect them to dissappear within
a day or two.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good for you.

i beleive that richie is running some work wheels if im not mistaken...and comparing wheels to strut bars is like comparing apples to oranges...

like mikesj said, in all truthfulness, a bar is bar as long as it holds up...unless of course you are a name-brand *****..

Last edited by Paperchasin; 11-07-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone get this bar put on with a Vortech yet?

Please post pics if ya do!

Thanks!

Old 11-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
feels pretty good to me

When will the ARC replica go into mass production?

Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chiapet15
When will the ARC replica go into mass production?
They are being produced right now as we speak. Hopefully they'll be here soon. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 AM
They are being produced right now as we speak. Hopefully they'll be here soon. I'll keep you guys posted.
awesome...can't wait to get my hands on one of these

Old 11-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Just got my bar today and installed it. This piece is extremely light. The package with the box and foam was 6 lbs. Not sure if I'm the first sedan to have it on but I haven't heard of any other sedans who have this bar. Anyways it fits my '04 without a problem. But note I don't use an engine cover at all. On the highest setting the bar doesn't touch the under part of the hood. Tried the old powder test that Kenchan did to confirm. Guess the sedan hood has more clearance than the coupe hood. There are three things that I had to remove out of the way in order to install the brackets. On the passenger side there is a bracket that holds the wire loom that goes into the battery compartment. This one is easy. On the drivers side there are two brackets. One is to hold down a big aluminum line. This one is easy. The other one is a white plastic bracket that holds another smaller aluminum line and a brake line. This one is a bit harder to move and care must be taken not to damage or bend the aluminum or brake line. Other than that the install is pretty straight forward. As for the performance I'll agree with Kenchan's assesment. The reduction in chasis flex is immediately noticeable. The front is just tighter and you can tell it's allowing the suspension to do more of the work it was intended to do. It felt like the suspension was allowed to absorb and soak up the bumps and dips better on the streets and highway. Haven't driven the car real hard yet but I'm sure I'll notice even more of a difference on the track the next time. Why the G didn't come with a factory strut tower brace is still beyond me. The G really needs it. It's too bad the only options right now are so expensive. But I'd still rather have one than not. The only bad thing about this bar is that the brackets are fashioned in such a way that it makes difficult to almost impossible to adjust shocks that have the adjuster at the top of the shaft.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by dklau33
Just got my bar today and installed it. This piece is extremely light. The package with the box and foam was 6 lbs. Not sure if I'm the first sedan to have it on but I haven't heard of any other sedans who have this bar. Anyways it fits my '04 without a problem. But note I don't use an engine cover at all. On the highest setting the bar doesn't touch the under part of the hood. Tried the old powder test that Kenchan did to confirm. Guess the sedan hood has more clearance than the coupe hood. There are three things that I had to remove out of the way in order to install the brackets. On the passenger side there is a bracket that holds the wire loom that goes into the battery compartment. This one is easy. On the drivers side there are two brackets. One is to hold down a big aluminum line. This one is easy. The other one is a white plastic bracket that holds another smaller aluminum line and a brake line. This one is a bit harder to move and care must be taken not to damage or bend the aluminum or brake line. Other than that the install is pretty straight forward. As for the performance I'll agree with Kenchan's assesment. The reduction in chasis flex is immediately noticeable. The front is just tighter and you can tell it's allowing the suspension to do more of the work it was intended to do. It felt like the suspension was allowed to absorb and soak up the bumps and dips better on the streets and highway. Haven't driven the car real hard yet but I'm sure I'll notice even more of a difference on the track the next time. Why the G didn't come with a factory strut tower brace is still beyond me. The G really needs it. It's too bad the only options right now are so expensive. But I'd still rather have one than not. The only bad thing about this bar is that the brackets are fashioned in such a way that it makes difficult to almost impossible to adjust shocks that have the adjuster at the top of the shaft.
nice write up. it's a nice bar. as you mentioned it is a bit of
a pain if you want to adjust the damp settings.... i tuned my damp settings
before so its no issue for me.

im not sure why people are crying about a $500 part... you got a $35k+
car 500 for a car part that actually work well is nothing. i was wondering
the same when people were crying when i got the stillen camber rods.

i say get a better job. lol jk

Old 11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
nice write up. it's a nice bar. as you mentioned it is a bit of
a pain if you want to adjust the damp settings.... i tuned my damp settings
before so its no issue for me.

im not sure why people are crying about a $500 part... you got a $35k+
car 500 for a car part that actually work well is nothing. i was wondering
the same when people were crying when i got the stillen camber rods.

i say get a better job. lol jk
yeah, the bar really is nice. it's like you get the function and the bling at the same time... not that i really care about the bling though..

took some decreasing radius sweeper on/off ramps on the way to work today and the cars attitude definitely felt more planted. i believe the front is getting more grip now. i was a bit of skeptic at first that any of these STBs could do what people have claimed but now i see what they were talking about. i guess if nissan engineers felt that the Z needed it then the G could surely use it as well. now if the bar was triangulated to the firewall that would even be better!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
im not sure why people are crying about a $500 part
I'm just holding out to see what all the options are. Looks like within the next month, we'll have 3 options for STB's. Either the ARC, VRT, or ARC replica. I would be crying if the ARC replica can accomplish the same thing as the Ti ARC for half the price. I just feel that since it's under the hood, nobody's going to see it anyways, so the looks and brand don't really matter to me.

I guess it just comes down to the material which will determine if it will have the same stiffness. The Ti ARC will have the weight advantage, but a few pounds doesn't make a difference on a 3500lb car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARC Front Strut Bar...help?