Why do you guys get curb rash???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you guys get curb rash???

Alright. I know I'm going to get majorly flamed for this but I just don't get it. I keep looking through the classifieds for wheels and tires and it seems like everyone has some curb rash on the wheels they are trying to sell. I don't get it. Most of us are fairly **** about taking care of our cars so why not the same treatment for the wheels? Is it me or are my friends and I the only ones who think that the only drivers who get curb rash are bad female drivers? (sorry ladies, don't mean to be sexist)

Seriously. You guys with the curb rash must be some terrible drivers or something. I live in Los Angeles. Park on the street frequently. Have had 7 different cars since the age of 16 (I am now 34) and have never curb rashed my rims. To me, that's like the grandma who drives up the side of the curb with her Oldsmobile when she parks the car.

I would never in a million years buy rims that had curb rash. Why do some of you even bother selling them? That's like selling your car and saying it has only been hit a couple of times. I just don't get it.

Okay, let the flames begin....

Old 11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
I SUCK AS A DRIVER....... I have one curb rash, and it bothers the #uck out of me.... it happened when I went to sister's apartment, the gate that lets you into her place has a sharpe left turn, and i did not make the turn sharp enough, it sucks, other then that my car was flawless....it sucks....is there a quick fix for this kinds of problem.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:55 AM
it usually happens when you least expect it....

Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had curb rash on my wheels a total of 7 times and of all of those only once was by me. The others was from fricken' valets. The one time I did it was making a turn in a parking lot and cut it too close to an island...in my defense that was a bad design, the radius was way to small. but hey it happens to the best of us at one time or another.

yes there is a quick fix if you have polished lips, you can just buff them out. if they are painted or clear coated, you're SOL, you need to repaint.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
I have a wife who occationally drives my car...nuff said

Old 11-15-2006, 08:56 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
yep^ nuf said indeed. I only have one rim that is not curb rashed yet

Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
ugh u know what - with my previous car (2001 Altima) i had not ONE curb rash for the entire life of the lease...

With my G - i have curb rash on my stocks and aftermarkets...i dont know why - i guess just bad luck

The first time it happened was with my aftermarkets...
I was at a Commerce Bank drive through and once you proceed past the teller there was a ridiculous angle to make so that u go down the cut out into the street - to say the least it was impossible to make that turn...all the cars before me and after me rolled over it "bricks" around the garden that were blocking the way

I hate myself for this and it bothers me so much...
But my lease is up soon - getting rid of my aftermarkets may be hard but ill tkae whatever i can get

So by June of 07 i should have a new car....so im officially finished lamenting over the curb rash...

but all i can say is...it happens - ESPECIALLY in NYC - we dont park on the street "frequently" we park on the street EVERY DAY....

Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 AM
it's called taking unnecessary risks. I do it all the time...like trying to squeeze by people to make a right turn. sh*t happens.

edit* on another note, I believe that if you dont' have any "scars" life is pretty boring.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
i bought my car used and the rims were all tore up. since they are already fck i dnt think twice about them

Old 11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey bro,
The edge of my rims are polished; can you further elaborate on how to fix curb rashes. Does it cost a lot of money? Where can I get it done? Thanks for your help.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Let me guess, you live in California or Florida something.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
first use a fine sandpaper like 220 to 300 to knock down the rough metal and get the surface smooth. It'll look like *** but don't worry. now all you have left is fine surface scratches. go over it with 400, then 600 grit sand paper and that should take care of any fine scratches. Now hit it with a powerball mini (real time saver) and some metal polishing compound, this should bring back the mirror like finish. if your rims have been neglected it'll look better then the rest. it should only take you 15 to 30 minutes for the whole process.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Good luck with your no curb rash history now that you have said it.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i have one curb rash and it is beacuse there was a stupid parking block to the side of me that i didnt see and i was trying to back up around this person that blocked me in and i hit it. my mom drives a porsche and im surprised it even has wheels left from how many times she has grinded the them on the curb

Old 11-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by greggr35
Alright. I know I'm going to get majorly flamed for this but I just don't get it. I keep looking through the classifieds for wheels and tires and it seems like everyone has some curb rash on the wheels they are trying to sell. I don't get it. Most of us are fairly **** about taking care of our cars so why not the same treatment for the wheels? Is it me or are my friends and I the only ones who think that the only drivers who get curb rash are bad female drivers? (sorry ladies, don't mean to be sexist)

Seriously. You guys with the curb rash must be some terrible drivers or something. I live in Los Angeles. Park on the street frequently. Have had 7 different cars since the age of 16 (I am now 34) and have never curb rashed my rims. To me, that's like the grandma who drives up the side of the curb with her Oldsmobile when she parks the car.

I would never in a million years buy rims that had curb rash. Why do some of you even bother selling them? That's like selling your car and saying it has only been hit a couple of times. I just don't get it.

Okay, let the flames begin....
Wow!!!! You must me an AMAZING driver because you've never got curb rash, huh???
Dude, with all due respect, but a girl with some curb rash might be a better driver than you!!! On the other hand, a guy with NO curb rash might be a worse driver than you!
Come on now... Do you really think that getting a curb rash makes you a bad driver??
I wonder how you're going to feel about your driving skills when you do get a curb rash!! Are you going to call yourself a bad driver???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why do you guys get curb rash???