View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTF??
I have the revised front... should I use the spacers? how would i know if i need them?
i'm dropped on tokico dsp-7 and tanabe df210 springs. completely flush all the way around on stock 18's and i did not need the spacers. i can't even put my pinkie finger in between the tire and wheel well!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Do you have the revised fronts?

Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by WTF??
^Do you have the revised fronts?
Yes I do. But they will still knock occasionally if the suspension compresses really hard. The shims or spacers I believe come with the old and new revised version. Like I said, save yourself the trouble and headache and DO NOT INSTALL THE SPACERS! You should be able to bring your alignment back into spec without the spacers.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
^Seeing that your front is dropped -1.7... I'll take your word on it... I'll have my basics installed soon along with the spc fronts and I want to drop the front close to the df210's height... So i guess I might be in the same boat...

Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tru-G
took the spacers out and lights all went out. those spacers are absolute CRAP! one of the poorest designs IMO. when i went to remove the spacers, i noticed that the threads on my brembos got stretched out due to the way that the spacers aligned the brakes to the rest of the suspension.

DO NOT USE THE SPACERS ON THE SPC FRONT CAMBER KIT.

now that i have the spacers out, the abs, and vdc are working again and i was able to bring the alignment back into spec.

Guys, just wanted to chime in on this spacer discussion. Any issues with the spacers has to do with installation. Please make sure to be carefule when installing the spacers so as not to bend them. They are just there to keep the sensor in the correct distance from the pick up. As long as it is installed correctly, you shouldn't have any issues.

Please pm with any questions. We are here to help.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM
FYI guys,
I was an owner of the 1st version of the SPC A-arms. Peter from IAP recently replaced them with the latest version and I can say that the knocking up front is gone. SPC provides poly washers to use as extra bumpstops but those were unnecessary for my installation.

My original knocking was due to the fact that the arms were hitting the pinch seams where the A-arms attach to the body.

After test fitting the new A-arms without the full suspension installed, I believe no manufacturer out there can get any more clearance unless they were to cut into the bodywork because the new arms no longer made contact with the pinch seams but instead contact the fender well.

Oh by the way I'm lowered on Tein CS coilovers. Hope this info helps.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I've had the spacers installed from day one without any issues. Again, I did all the the testing for SPC on all the arms with the exception of the bump stop spacers although this should work fine for those that don't want to raise or go to a stiffer spring. I have the spacer installed with my 350EVO arms and I couldn't be happier, great arms with all the adjustability of 3*.

IMO, installing the spacers would help in regards to the knocking issue (this will not fix all knocking issues). To add positive camber the arms needs to be lengthen, as the arm gets longer the clearance gets less. Since the spacer gives 2* of positive camber the arms don't have to be as long with the spacers installed. If for example you need to add 2* the arms would be at its shortest length, therefore more clearance.

Mark

Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
^^^good call on the evos...however i am rocking the spc rear kit and toe bolts.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
on the spc rear kit. The fronts are good for the price although you get what you pay for.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
i guess you finally took the 350evo route mark! nice.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:15 AM
^ You know that my plans were to stay with the SPC front arms and I continued to work with SPC for months. They were going to comp me their arms although after months of testing we could not resolve the knocking issue. To SPC's credit they stepped up and paid the difference between the SPC and the EVO arms. I'm glad we were able to come to a agreeable solution.

You were right from the beginning by going to the 350EVO arms although one good thing came out of this is that SPC allowed me to keep their spacers, which gives me the best of both worlds. Again, SPC makes a good arm for the money but the EVO's are the best hands down.

Mark

Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mark4x4
^ You know that my plans were to stay with the SPC front arms and I continued to work with SPC for months. They were going to comp me their arms although after months of testing we could not resolve the knocking issue. To SPC's credit they stepped up and paid the difference between the SPC and the EVO arms. I'm glad we were able to come to a agreeable solution.

You were right from the beginning by going to the 350EVO arms although one good thing came out of this is that SPC allowed me to keep their spacers, which gives me the best of both worlds. Again, SPC makes a good arm for the money but the EVO's are the best hands down.

Mark
how much positive adjustment do the 350evo arms compared to the spc arms? Like you hinted at earlier, I think its less than the spc arms, and knocking occurs when the spc arms are adjusted to a length longer than the 350evo arms. At the same length, both should provide approximetly the same amount of correction, so what in your opinion makes the 350evo arms better?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by redlude97
how much positive adjustment do the 350evo arms compared to the spc arms? Like you hinted at earlier, I think its less than the spc arms, and knocking occurs when the spc arms are adjusted to a length longer than the 350evo arms. At the same length, both should provide approximetly the same amount of correction, so what in your opinion makes the 350evo arms better?
They both give 1* of positive camber with arms only. The EVO design is superior allowing for more clearance, they are a little wider but thinner as opposed to being thicker and round. The EVO's are manufactured from a aluminum alloy which makes them much lighter for better handling (lower unsprung weight), the SPC arms are made of steel and painted (strong but heavy and prone to rust if the paint were to chip). A picture is worth a thousand words www.350evo.com Because of their light weight they are popular for the racing application which means they are also very strong.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Here's a picture of the 350EVO arm. 2nd picture are the SPC arms.

Mark

Attached Thumbnails SPC Poll-350evo-20control-20arms.jpg   SPC Poll-72120rgbsm-01.jpg  

Last edited by mark4x4; 07-13-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:51 PM
so will i have problems with my spc revised fronts. should i sell them for 350evo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll