Tein EDFC VS TANABE TEAS ~~~ which one is better

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein EDFC VS TANABE TEAS ~~~ which one is better

so i just bought a set of Tein CS+ edfc and my friend picked up a set of tanabe sustec pro 5 + Teas, and the owner of the shop who sells both tanabe and tein(his a direct dealer) keeps on saying how ****ty the edfc is and say stuff like how much better the teas is, so I am just wondering if anyone have any experience with both? the owner said the sustec pro 5 would fit my car but it just need a little moficication....any thoughts on this??

Old 05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, the teas is able to be programmed to adjust damping according to speed ( when hooked up to the vehicle speed sensor ) which is supposed to be pretty good. The edfc is only manually adjustable so while it could be programmed, adjusting on the fly wouldn't be advisable.

Personally I think both systems are kinda bs, the only thing I like about them is the fact you don't have to get dirty adjusting when adjusting the damper settings. Changing the damping of the vehicle while racing or driving mid turn seems counter productive, I'd rather have the suspension set one way, and be predictable rather than changing mid corner. Suspension bling...

Old 05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The TEAS has more programmability, but you have to look at the whole sytem including springrates and decide if its what you are looking for in a coilover system.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Adjusting on the fly with the EDFC is no big deal. You can set it up to double the sensitivity with adjustments, from 16 to 32-way. The TEAS has 4 preprogrammable buttons, while the EDFC has 3. The speed-sensing feature of the TEAS sounds interesting, although I haven't experienced it firsthand.

Most owners of coilovers set their suspension once, and never change it again. Others might play with it a little bit, while very few actually get it dialed in correctly. Having the convenience of either of these systems means that you can make adjustments very quickly and easily. It's especially important for G35's, since you usually have to drop the rears to adjust them. You can't access them the way you can in the 350Z.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
The EDFC is perfectly fine. Yur buddy is an a$$ clown for bashing the EDFC. I don't want a suspension that adjust according to speed. I want to adjust it myself. The EDFC is an amazing peice.

-Sean

Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Most owners of coilovers set their suspension once, and never change it again. Others might play with it a little bit, while very few actually get it dialed in correctly. Having the convenience of either of these systems means that you can make adjustments very quickly and easily. It's especially important for G35's, since you usually have to drop the rears to adjust them. You can't access them the way you can in the 350Z.
That is why i bought mine. I never understood the point of having a dampening adjustable suspension if it requires hours worth of work just to adjust it. I can go from riding extremely soft to being able to whip corners with a touch of a button.

-Sean

Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Which is better?

We simply don't have the right info to form a opinion.

Some things that come to my mind.

CS is monotube
Pro Five is twin tube

Tein has a history of adjusting rebound and not much compression, we don't have a shock dyno yet for Z app yet so,...

Pro Five adjusts rebound, yet makes little change on compression. Based on the dyno they posted here and let's be realistic, I highly doubt it's a dyno of a G or Z application http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/SEVEN.asp#shockdyno I would not want to run them on the softer settings and I doubt I would ever be happy with their compression damping no matter the setting. Twin tubes can have difficulty generating higher levels of compression damping, not really suprised. Then again, we don't know what vehicle app they dyno'd.

Having a system that adjusts damping according to vehicle speed will only be as beneficial as the dampers ability to deliver in the first place

Old 05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I love my ProSEVENs and TEAS. Altho I haven't tracked the car with it or any junk like that. . .but bling factor is pretty high.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got a ride yesterday in the Tanabe coils and the dampening control is actually pretty damn cool.. HUGE difference from soft to stiff.. much bigger difference then the TEINs.. but completely programmable where you should be able to have it not adjust as you go faster.. just stay on different settings you want..

pretty pricey system.. but damn its pretty good =)

thats just my thought from being in it

- Eric

Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I forgot to add, you can have it start at specific settings and it'll scale up with speed too. For instance, if the fronts are on 4 and rears are on 6, as you accelerate to 40mph, it'll step up to 5/7 then 6/8, etc each 5mph. For cruising around town, I've used 1/3 with "speed adjusting" on, and it's way comfy when just cruising. . .and then when you speed up to go around corners, it stiffens. It's fun. (albeit not true "active" since it's not adjusting based on shock/rebound.)

Old 05-14-2008, 03:04 AM
In actuality, I think your friends dealer is pushing the TEAS because it costs more, especially in conjunction with the necessary coilovers. You can't go wrong with either system, although I'd choose the Tein Mono Flex over the CS.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:51 AM
The systems are interchangable?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by j-velocity
The systems are interchangable?
Ah-no.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Ah-no.
So there ain't really this is better than that...