Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Last $70 payment sent 09Jan09 2319 JST

Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xx7sephiroth7xx
I got a PM from Canadian telling me the same thing: he spoke with Scott, and the price is $500, firm, since some of us did not meet the deadline to send out payments. Although this is unfortunate [I'm still not happy about it, believe me], we need to look at the fact that these are limited run, rare, and very effective performance-wise.

C'mon, fellas, let's get these payments in and get our bars.
I read through all the drama in this thread and just shook my head

Personally, I think it's a little lame that he got 10 buyers, but because of an arbitrary "deadline" decided not to discount the price. That really sucks for the folks that had already sent in their deposit and were simply forced to pay a higher price due to things beyond their control.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Rumplestiltskin
I read through all the drama in this thread and just shook my head

Personally, I think it's a little lame that he got 10 buyers, but because of an arbitrary "deadline" decided not to discount the price. That really sucks for the folks that had already sent in their deposit and were simply forced to pay a higher price due to things beyond their control.
Its kinda lame for you not even being involved in this to come on here and assume $hit .

What makes you jump to the conclusion that 10+ people actually came through? Last I heard after all the bounced checks, people not coming through and others backing out and all the dust had settled it was still a little short of the 10+ people. Everyone in on this group buy has been well aware since day one that the $450 price was good only if there was 10 or more buyers confirmed and payed by a certain deadline . That is just how most group buys I have been involved in go. Plus, whats the big deal really about the extra $50? is it really worth wining about?

In my opinion this whole thing could have went better if Scott was able to be on this board to control this GB here himself, instead of all the watered down information. I mean the politics have gotten so bad on here that not even the moderators are being allowed to help here in this thread. I wouldn't blame Scott.

Last edited by 4MeUwill; 01-09-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by 4MeUwill
What makes you jump to the conclusion that 10 people actually came through? Last I heard after all the bounced checks, people not coming through and others backing out and all the dust had settled it was still a little short of the 10+ people. That is just how most group buys I have been involved in go. Its kinda lame for you not even being involved in this to come on here and assume $hit .

In my opinion this whole thing could have went better if Scott was able to be on this board to control this GB here himself, instead of all the watered down information. I mean the politics have gottren so bad on here that not even the moderators are being allowed to help here in this thread. I wouldn't blame Scott.
I ran a group buy on twinturbo.net a long time ago... it was a disappointment for me because I didn't get as many people come with the cash as had expressed interested (like 20%), but had a far better agreement with the supplier, and the price didn't get jacked up AFTER people had paid.

My understanding, again only from reading this thread, is that there are people being turned down, and that the deposit date is the only justification for $500 vs $450. So it sounds like he has 10+ buyers if he wants them, but would rather get an extra $50 from each of the buyers he already has.

The drama was entertaining, that's for sure - but that's because I'm on the outside looking in.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Its kinda lame for you not even being involved in this to come on here and assume $hit .
"I got a PM from Canadian telling me the same thing: he spoke with Scott, and the price is $500, firm, since some of us did not meet the deadline to send out payments."

BTW, the only thing I'm "assuming" is that the guy running the GB is being accurately quoted on here.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
My understanding, again only from reading this thread, is that there are people being turned down, and that the deposit date is the only justification for $500 vs $450. So it sounds like he has 10+ buyers if he wants them, but would rather get an extra $50 from each of the buyers he already has.
\
well you must not know Scott very well then, it is not a matter of the extra money. believe me.

I just talked to him again and there still is not 10 or more confirmed deposits now, let alone the remaining unpaid balances for the deposits he did receive.

And he is not, and has not turned down anyone on ordering this brace yet, just missed the deadline that him and his fabricator had come up with in their agreement between them two to get the 10 or more by a certain date for the discounted price. Scott was unable to confirm the 10+ people by the agreed upon date and thus was not able to transfer the savings on to this group buy.

Not all the facts and information is here in this thread. A lot of information has been conveyed through PM's and phone calls and is not on this board.

Might wanna get your facts straight yourself before chiming in on here and assuming $hit about people.

Last edited by 4MeUwill; 01-09-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't know Scott at all, as I'm sure a lot of people on here don't. But the last post in the G35 front strut brace thread mentioned that he wasn't taking any more orders - so apparently it's closed - so it sounds like he's turning people down.

Might wanna get your facts straight yourself before chiming in on here.
Only going by what's publicly available. If my "facts" are wrong, then maybe some clearer information will come out that might influence the opinions of readers here about this deal. But as of right now, between the two threads, there are conflicting details - so how can anyone get their "facts" straight?

Were you in on this GB? I don't see your name on the list.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't know Scott at all, as I'm sure a lot of people on here don't. But the last post in the G35 front strut brace thread mentioned that he wasn't taking any more orders - so apparently it's closed - so it sounds like he's turning people down.

Only going by what's publicly available. If my "facts" are wrong, then maybe some clearer information will come out that might influence the opinions of readers here about this deal. But as of right now, between the two threads, there are conflicting details - so how can anyone get their "facts" straight?

Were you in on this GB? I don't see your name on the list.
No I am not in this group buy, I will be getting this strut tower brace sometime down the road.
I just figured I would answer a couple questions I knew the answers to and defend someone on here that is not allowed to be here to clarify and defend himself from attacks and speculation from people like you. If anyone is confused on the facts than all they have to do is simply pick up the phone and call Scott personally.

I agree that this thread is all over the place and facts are not too clear at least on these threads, but its not cool for you to try to assume (like you are) that Scott is money greedy or to blame for the confusion on here, now is it?!

Last edited by 4MeUwill; 01-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
No I am not in this group buy, I will be getting this strut tower brace sometime down the road.
I just figured I would answer a couple questions I knew the answers to and defend someone on here that is not allowed to be here to clarify and defend himself from attacks and speculation from people like you. If anyone is confused on the facts than all they have to do is simply pick up the phone and call Scott personally.

I agree that this thread is all over the place and facts are not too clear at least on these threads, but its not cool for you to try to assume (like you are) that Scott is money greedy or to blame for the confusion on here, now is it?!
I don't think Scott's entirely to blame, but he always wasn't very understanding or expecting. Of course if I was in on the GB, I'd feel like flinging poo on the guys that backed out.

But based on what's out there in the threads, he's got the 10+ person commitment... When I ran a GB, I didn't care about folks backing out - I was getting sets of KYB AGX shocks for at least $50 less than any online vendor, so ending up with extra sets wasn't a big deal as I wouldn't have a hard time unloading them and I was only out about $250 per set until they sold.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
but its not cool for you to try to assume (like you are) that Scott is money greedy or to blame for the confusion on here, now is it?!
BTW, I'm not trying to be cool or fair. Just expressing a reasonable assumption based on what's available in the threads.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
Hey guys, let's stop adding more "drama" to this thread than there already is. What's done is done.

I just can't wait for my bar. I still need to pay my last ~$70ish dollars, though.
When I get to a secure computer, I will do so.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
well, first off it was us wanting this bar. It would probably have been a different story if Scott came up with this GB for the bar. We went looking for him. All in all we are getting what we want which is the bar. I'm glad we r getting that. 50 bucks is the price we have to pay for wanting it in the first place. No biggie.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got my facts straight by talking to Scott directly. things have been said here that r not true so like I said we wanted this thing and we pretty much set this up not Scott.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ yeah that's true, people on here asked, people showed interest and we moved forward with it.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
i think its great that scott is putting in the time to get these strut tower braces done for the guys who want them. i know first hand that he is putting in some time into this and there is not all that much money in the profit margin for these. he is doing it cause he was asked to and he likes to help out this community.
for the most part it seems to me and scott agrees that most everyone is cool and excited to be a part of this buy and glad to be getting a stb. but there is always people like rumplestilskin or whoever that are there to but in and interfere in something and argue about something they don't even have all or any of the facts on.

just thought i would let everyone know that I saw the progress being made on these braces last week when I was there and they are coming along nicely.

Last edited by XxG35GIRLxX; 01-10-2009 at 12:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports Strut Bar - (NOT VRT!)