Compression rod / Lower control arm ... little confused HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I had some time today at work and checked all the nissan tsb's (i work at nissan) and there is nothing on this for the 350z... but infiniti indeed does have a tsb. So strange. Anyways, the part number does indeed exist for infiniti, so I have 2 on the way.

Very odd. I wonder if nissan used stiffer bushings on the 350z.... I wouldnt think so but... I duno.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im pretty sure the 350z has this problem also, ive seen threads bout it.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Damn same thing happened to my Lower Control Arms(1st pic) gotta replace it now!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
so is it better to buy the bushings or the whole arm? i emailed the nismo website someone posted about which item is bought and never got a response. i'm hoping you guys can help because i have the same problem. and there is no way i'm going to infiniti to get this fixed.

also, is this a necessary fix? will these get worse and break? i don't mind the sound considering my car is loud as it is anyway. The main thing is whether or not this will get worse and my suspension will go to crap.

Last edited by BlackWindEXE; 01-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by BlackWindEXE
so is it better to buy the bushings or the whole arm? i emailed the nismo website someone posted about which item is bought and never got a response. i'm hoping you guys can help because i have the same problem. and there is no way i'm going to infiniti to get this fixed.

also, is this a necessary fix? will these get worse and break? i don't mind the sound considering my car is loud as it is anyway. The main thing is whether or not this will get worse and my suspension will go to crap.
Great question can someone answer that please

Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by BlackWindEXE

I can field this one... you SHOULD reaplace it without a doubt. Its metal to metal contact with the bushing pushed out like that not to mention it effects your toe and camber settings as well because of the serious movement in the suspension. Its not that your suspension will go to crap its more like your tires, when mine was pushed out i heard some serious clunking noise when i approached dips in the road and bumps as well.
Whats the best fix? I personally bought the Nismo transverse bushing from the website i provided and had them easily pushed out and the new ones pushed in. I did it this way because the price of both bushings was less than the price of 1 LCA... so i figured is do both sides for preventative maintenance with higher quality materials with the nismo part. If anybody else has questions please feel free to ask... my experience was very positive puchasing just the bushings.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dxplicitone
I can field this one... you SHOULD reaplace it without a doubt. Its metal to metal contact with the bushing pushed out like that not to mention it effects your toe and camber settings as well because of the serious movement in the suspension. Its not that your suspension will go to crap its more like your tires, when mine was pushed out i heard some serious clunking noise when i approached dips in the road and bumps as well.
Whats the best fix? I personally bought the Nismo transverse bushing from the website i provided and had them easily pushed out and the new ones pushed in. I did it this way because the price of both bushings was less than the price of 1 LCA... so i figured is do both sides for preventative maintenance with higher quality materials with the nismo part. If anybody else has questions please feel free to ask... my experience was very positive puchasing just the bushings.
Thanks for the response really needed it. So once you replaced them the clunk noise went away right ?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Absolutely, it was clear to see where the noise was coming from when you jack up the front of the car and realize oh **** my bushing is busted. I actually didnt even notice it till the car was on an alignment machine and the tech pointed it out and that the car couldnt be aligned till fixed.

Here is a link to the people i ordered mine from
LINKY LINKY

Its the lower transverse link bushing for $35.00/ each and the labor to have them pushed is is very minimal if you take the lower control arm off and take it to them, its very little work on your side and theirs. I know many leaned the way of buying a whole lower control arm because Nissan/Infiniti doesnt sell just the bushing in their parts department.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Can you review how the car drives before/after the Nismo bushing install? NVH increase? You replace all the bushings or just the one that was damaged? (but on both sides)

Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^+1

Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dxplicitone
Absolutely, it was clear to see where the noise was coming from when you jack up the front of the car and realize oh **** my bushing is busted. I actually didnt even notice it till the car was on an alignment machine and the tech pointed it out and that the car couldnt be aligned till fixed.

Here is a link to the people i ordered mine from
LINKY LINKY

Its the lower transverse link bushing for $35.00/ each and the labor to have them pushed is is very minimal if you take the lower control arm off and take it to them, its very little work on your side and theirs. I know many leaned the way of buying a whole lower control arm because Nissan/Infiniti doesnt sell just the bushing in their parts department.
Im still confused dont mean to sound like this but your saying it was not the control arm bushing that you replaced??? And how come the link shows so many different bushings they all have to be changed???????

Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Can you review how the car drives before/after the Nismo bushing install? NVH increase? You replace all the bushings or just the one that was damaged? (but on both sides)
Before the bushing install my cars front drivers side wheel had about an additional -2 degrees of camber because the suspension had been compromised with the slipped bushing. Driving was embarassing as to when i took dips and small bumper i would hear a thumping noise coming from my front suspension as if there something was knocking on my firewall with a hammer. From the first pic of this whole thread you can see where the thumping was obviously coming from with the metal to metal contact and when movement was introduced to the suspension with bumps or uneven pavement that it would cause the thumping.

After install my negative camber issues are gone and i was able to have the car aligned with no issues. No more knocking under and driving. If your looking for any change in handling i dont think you will find any as its only 1 bushing of many that are suspension related. But i will say its no longer embarassing to have people in the car, and the confidence knowing your suspension isnt broke is a plus.

As for what i changed, it WAS the front lower control arm bushing that is pictures in the beginning of this thread as PIC1. On the Nismo site THEY have it listed as the
54560-RRZ30 INFINITI G35 2003-2006 Front Lower Transverse Link Bushing $35.00
I purchased 2 of them, one for each side. Took about 10 minutes a side to remove the lower control arm and about another 10 minutes to have the bushings pressed in. A very simple process for a very common problem. And no i didnt change all the bushing and no they all dont have to be changed unless you want to. All i changed is the one i listed above because thats all that failed.

THIS ONE>>>>

Last edited by Dxplicitone; 02-10-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Did you press them in yourself???

Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Did you press them in yourself???
Yes, a friend of mine owns a hydralic press
Click for link
I recommend just buying the press if you and/or friends do alot of wrenching yourselves since its so cheap (go halves on it). Good for bushings, bearings, etc.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Alright I check the Control Arm Bushings on both sides of the front suspension because Im getting the same clunk noise every one else is getting and the bushings look perfectly fine It bugged me because now I dont know what it is.

Hey D would you happen to know what it is ?

I have an 04 Coupe with Basic Tein Coilovers and Volks GT-C with Falken FK452 245/35/19 , Brembo Pack, Wheels Spacers.

Pls HELP ME!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compression rod / Lower control arm ... little confused HELP