Tein CS Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009 | 10:09 PM
|
sorry for such a noobish question but
isnt there suppose to be a little **** in the middle so i can turn to raise and lower my car?

Front Coil

rear shock

Old 02-28-2009 | 11:28 PM
You raise and lower the car using the collars under the springs in the front and the collars in the back that sit on top of the spring. The pics you posted, the "key" you said you were missing is used to adjust the dampners of the shock right in the middle of each shock. You can use an allen key to adjust those.

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:15 PM
|
thanks for the info once again g35papa

i have another question lol
well tomorrow i have the day off ,i made an appointment to install these coils this sunday but i might as well install these 2morrow..heres the catch

my rear camber kit isnt going to be here until tuesday march 2nd..so will i be fine without the rear camber kit?..im only planning on dropping the rear 1 inch..

thanks again guys

Old 03-01-2009 | 11:16 PM
No problem man

You'll be fine with a drop and no camber kit. Its the other way around when you should be worried about driving a car. Installing camber kits means you should get an alignment asap. Waiting could cause very bad things to happen to your tires

Post pics after you dump it (you say only 1 inch now but you'll be slammed soon enough )

Old 03-01-2009 | 11:19 PM
|
^thanks for the quick response g35papa..i guess ill see if the shop isnt booked 2morrow..and ill install the camber kit like next sunday and get an alignment..lol on the SLAMMED part..i would be slammed but pittsburgh roads are hella bad..POTHOLE CITY

Old 03-11-2009 | 09:22 PM
|
bad news guys
i just noticed that everytime i go over nurmerous bumps on the road the right rear passenger side makes a noise,its not like a squeaking noise i cant really explain it...i just recently got my Tein CS Coils installed 3 days ago and just noticed it now..i know for sure its coming from the rear passenger side..

so i took it to the shop that installed my coils today and they said they think its a blown shock in the rear passenger side...my question is...should i just purchase a shock from TEIN or can i purchase aftermarket shocks and still use my tein springs in the rear?...

thanks
g35 papa ill be waiting for your response please

Old 03-11-2009 | 09:28 PM
^How do they know if the shock is blown? Check under your car to make sure they but the spring mounts back in the pan. I have the exact same setup with the EDFC.

Old 03-11-2009 | 09:50 PM
|
^HE SAID when he pulled the dust cover on the shock there was grease all in there..he said there shouldnt be any grease and said the shock maybe blown..but to me it sounds like the spring is out of place

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:00 PM
If you can do this by yourself, take the shock out which should only take about 10 -15 minutes wipe the grease off and thenpress the shock down. If it makes a hissing type of sound and or you see grease blowing out of the valve then the shock is busted. But also you can look under your car and look in the pan to see if the rubber is in the pan.

What kills me is instead of him calling you to tell you or show you installs it and then lets you come back or call with questions.

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:11 PM
|
thanks hitech....he said there was alot of grease when he took the rear passenger side dust thing off the shock..i think that may be the problem

does tein just sell a rear passenger shock?
or do i have to purchase 2 new rear shocks

Old 03-12-2009 | 12:01 AM
|
is it possible to use different shocks then tein shocks?

b/c i think my rear passenger side shock is blown
can i use a different company's shock ?

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:21 AM
Does it sound like a rattling noise? Mainly driving at lower speeds? I had the Tein CS and always had this problem/noise with them. It never got worse and doesn't seem to happen to all sets. After reading about others with the same issue, I just decided to live with it. I know of at least one member with this issue that he got resolved. It involved dealing with Tein direct. He sent them the shock and they sent him a new (or rebuilt) shock. It took a while for the process (i think like 8 weeks). I actually started to go down this route before I winded up selling them. They asked me for pictures of my setup....I winded up just getting something stiffer instead.

I think a comparable shock would be the Tokico D-specs. I don't see a problem with running a different shock in the rear (both sides) but I'll be honest, I don't know of anyone who has.

Some threads for you to read up on. Sorry, I tried looking for the one with the guy that sent his shock to Tein in Japan....couldnt find it

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...ear-noise.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...cs-rattle.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...-cs-users.html

Old 03-12-2009 | 09:54 AM
|
^thanks g35papa
but the sound is more like the black rubber dust cover on the coils is like get squished and making like a squishing sound lol

so you think the tokico d spec will do fine for my rear shocks

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:17 PM
|
question
if i purchase the tokico d spec shocks for the rear
will it affect the ride quality/handling since the front are tein cs coils and the rears would be dspecs..

im considerings just buying the dspecs
and is it tru if i do purchase the dspecs that i can use the OEM REAR uppermount/dust cover on the new dspecs

thanks

Old 03-16-2009 | 02:29 PM
^ I think it would. Have you tried contacting Tein? They usually offer lifetime warranty on their products. Ship them the old one and they will rebuild/repair the damaged one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tein CS Help Please!