Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by viceversa
the wrong bracket is the one where all 3 attach point bars are straight with no bends in them. The right bracket has a slight bend in the bar which attaches to the control arm bolt.

Bar is on, fit with no problems and rides very nice. feeling really lazy right now, pictures tomorrow.
Thanks

Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has got to be the record for longest time for a product to be offered, shipped, reshipped and installs to take place. Could someone post up their installation of the recently shipped brackets installed and with the bar please?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
lol feeling lazy again, maybe tonight. I just need to pull the pics off my camera

Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM
viceversa pics and a review please.

im modifying my stillen air box today then will take it ti the shop to get installed in the next few days

Mods and Admins I know this is not the thread to post a review. Where would we post a review? Start a new thread?

Thanks,
-Wes

Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Tried installing mine and both brackets fit fine and have no clearance issues anymore, but my cross bar still does not want to be bolted up. I tried with both wheels up, one up one down, and both down and the bar just doesnt want to fit, its very close but the holes for the bracket and bar are a little bit off.

Anyone else successfully or unsuccessfully get this thing on yet?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by DefJukie
Tried installing mine and both brackets fit fine and have no clearance issues anymore, but my cross bar still does not want to be bolted up. I tried with both wheels up, one up one down, and both down and the bar just doesnt want to fit, its very close but the holes for the bracket and bar are a little bit off.

Anyone else successfully or unsuccessfully get this thing on yet?
Pics?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
viceversa pics and a review please.

im modifying my stillen air box today then will take it ti the shop to get installed in the next few days

Mods and Admins I know this is not the thread to post a review. Where would we post a review? Start a new thread?

Thanks,
-Wes
Hi Wes,
If everything is resolved, this thread should not be used for anything else.

A new thread for an STB review is fine.

Note:
The topic should be strictly a product review & not vendor promotion.

Thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
I cannot find my damn card reader for my camera to take the pics off! I'll figure something out this weekend. But the bar required a little muscle to get the holes to match up. My advice is, do not tighten up the the bracket bolts (strut tower, control arm) until you get the bar in place. When bar is in place you can tighten up the brackets then lastly tighten up the cross bar bolts (car still off the ground)

Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^ haha i took a few shots but I need a new hard drive, I have no more space what so ever!!! LOL

Old 05-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
I got my bar earlier this week. I don't know if I have the updated bracket or not, since I haven't tried to install it yet. I'll post up when I do. Right now I'm back in the middle of the ocean

Note: It wasn't Scott's fault. The box kept getting rejected from the Navy base or something to that nature. UPS and Fedex Fail, USPS WIN!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Hi Wes,
If everything is resolved, this thread should not be used for anything else.

A new thread for an STB review is fine.

Note:
The topic should be strictly a product review & not vendor promotion.

Thanks
Thanks Boss

Old 05-18-2009, 06:59 PM
The following picture has the bracket for a turbo on the left and the corrected N/A bracket on the right:

This picture shows the corrected bracket installed showing a bend in one of the bars which was not in the first bracket i received which caused my hood to rub.

The easiest way to drop the strut down so you can put the bracket on. NOTE: both sides of the car must be off the ground to make it easy for the sway bar bolt to come out. Line a floor jack up like so and put just enough pressure upward and you should be able to pull the bolt right out. You can then push down on the whole assembly and place the bracket on.

Finshed product, please excuse all the damn pollen

Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
very nice, thanks for posting that.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey viceversa,

I am now kind of confused. That first pic you posted with the 2 brackets, which one is the corrected N/A one? Is it the top or bottom one? I received the replacement bracket for an N/A car and it is the bottom one in your picture (all 3 bars are straight) is this correct or did i get the wrong one again??

In your pic with it installed, it looks like you have a slight bend in the bracket arm that connects to the control arm bolt, mine are all straight and doesnt quite fit. So is the new, corrected N/A bracket supposed to have all 3 staright arms or one bent?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
^ the "correct bracket" (one on the right) is the N/A bracket which is the same one in the picture installed on the car. It is hard to tell from the picture but one of the bracket arms has a slight bend in it. so the corrected N/A bracket is supposed to have that slight bend in it. the bracket i received the first time around just had 3 straight bracket arms.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relentless Autosports STB Resolution ONLY