Air Ride Suspension..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo
oh god. half inch valve setup is way to fast for these cars. i ran 1/2 on my trucks that i would hop. the easiest cheapist way to slow them down for fill is going to be to get a ball valve and put it inline with the airline before the fill valve. that way he can adjust it to be open/closed as much as he wants. and then for the dump control. you can get a half inch copper plug from any hardware store and drill a 1/4 hold in it and then put it in the dump valve
Yeah you're telling me.. lol! Would I put the 1/4 copper plug into where the silencer is? Sick, I'll check out some ball valves.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
as for memory settings on ride heights. this is the only kit that i have liked. i have tried them all. its kinda pricey but worth is. if your buddy doesnt want to spend that kinda money then he should just get a set of mechanical guages. i find that they actually work a lot better for being accurate than the digital gauges.

avs is a company that i used to be sponsored by when i was big into building trucks. they are a great bunch of guys. out of fresno. (disclaimer for forum - i am not advertising for them. just helping this member out)

http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=288&page=1

Old 08-01-2010, 02:15 PM
as for memory settings on ride heights. this is the only kit that i have liked. i have tried them all. its kinda pricey but worth is. if your buddy doesnt want to spend that kinda money then he should just get a set of mechanical guages. i find that they actually work a lot better for being accurate than the digital gauges.

avs is a company that i used to be sponsored by when i was big into building trucks. they are a great bunch of guys. out of fresno. (disclaimer for forum - i am not advertising for them. just helping this member out)

http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=288&page=1
Sick thank you, I also heard about something on the scion forums about how the 450cc 100% duty cycle requires the compressor to be off for how long it was on? I don't get what that is about.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:18 PM
if its 100% duty cycle then thats not true. thats the point of it being 100% duty cycle.

also what psi pressure switch did he get?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:54 PM
if its 100% duty cycle then thats not true. thats the point of it being 100% duty cycle.

also what psi pressure switch did he get?
I am honestly not sure, it just came with the kit. I'll double check when I headover to his pad. The switch you showed me from AVS is sick, but are there any other cheaper alternatives? Just incase he doesn't want to pay 600$ lol.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
for a good reliable kit? no. if he doesnt want to pay 600. which is understandable because not many people do. i would just run mechanical gauges. the kind with needles. they are the most accurate kind of gauges. but they dont have any kind of memory settings. but its really not hard at all to just tap the switch when he gets in to lift the car a little bit. he could just play around with the switches and see what ride height psi he likes the best and then everytime he gets in he can just tap the switches to air it up to that height.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
for a good reliable kit? no. if he doesnt want to pay 600. which is understandable because not many people do. i would just run mechanical gauges. the kind with needles. they are the most accurate kind of gauges. but they dont have any kind of memory settings. but its really not hard at all to just tap the switch when he gets in to lift the car a little bit. he could just play around with the switches and see what ride height psi he likes the best and then everytime he gets in he can just tap the switches to air it up to that height.
Lol, I understand how you feel. I bet you hate how people are going cheap with there air ride kits, and compromise reliability and etc. Although, just to better inform you, he didn't skip out on any steps. Manually cleaned the valves, teflon taped everything, and he isn't looking to take shortcuts.

Just like how the Honda game has turned, the other day I had a kid come up to me and ask me to install a "ek type r lip" on his EG. And I picked it up, and I could swear that his lip was made out of PAPER! I've seen fiberglass lips, abs plastic lips, poly urethane lips, but never seen a lip made out of paper.

(I'm obviously exaggerating but it was a really cheap lip which fit horribly)

Old 08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
HAHAHAA thats pretty funny. glad to hear your friend is doing it the right way though. there are a lot of hack jobs out there on the roads and they are putting other drivers in dangers way

Old 08-01-2010, 06:47 PM
HAHAHAA thats pretty funny. glad to hear your friend is doing it the right way though. there are a lot of hack jobs out there on the roads and they are putting other drivers in dangers way
Only reason I haven't started on my setup, I don't want to cut any corners either. Oh the seller also gave us something called "Exhaust valves" made by SMC would that be helpful for slowing down the dump valve?

By the way, what do you think of the "Air Zenith" setup? Suicidedoors has them for sale for 750$ but I don't want this to end up being one of those "you pay for what you get" moments.

And I was looking throughout the kit and I didn't see a water trap, is it dangerous not to run a water trap?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:52 AM
if you are using a steel tank i would for sure run a water trap. personally i hate steel tanks. they are terrible. i would highly reccommend running an aluminum tank. i would also run a water trap for an aluminum tank to because water is going to build up in the tank. its just not AS important because the aluminum tank isnt going to rust through like the steel tank will over time.

exhaust valve will definatly help with the speed of the dumps. but not as much as he is going to want it to. i would just run the plug with hole drilled in it instead. smc is a very good brand though.

send me a link to the air zenith kit you are talking about. i am very familiar with suicidedoors.com but i do not like them. that just my personal opinion though. the parts that they fab up in house are amazing quality though. they are just a bit over priced for everything.

the only brand i would never ever under any circumstances use is AIM. they are a terrible brand and i guarantee the parts will fail. and there customer service is worse than anything i have ever heard of.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes +1 on the 1/4" being slower then the 3/8ths.. i kinda wanted the speed of a 3/8ths but since im getting the accuair elevel kit, 1/4" line is more accurate in getting it back into spec.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
completely forgot about that kit.

op the accuair kit is also a very good option for the self level memory