DIY SPC Rear Camber & Toe Kit Install

Old 10-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^ thank you....

Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Received 105 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by g35man04
NO OEM Camber arm has adjustability bud.....you couldnt have those installed on your car when you bought it but no OEM Camber arm is adjustable. I can confirm that from NISSAN. I have been under every single year model.

also no OEM Camber arms has adjustable pivot ***** either. I can confirm that as I have replaced many bushings on our cars as well.

OEM Camber arm on ever model from 03-07 coupe or sedan.

I stand corrected. I just assumed these were stock, as they were on the car when I purchased it with STOCK suspension. Why these would be added on by themselves I'm not sure. Thanks for the pic of the actual OEM parts.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Silver tiburon, do you still have that stencil I could borrow? I have the toe bolts, but no stencil. Let me know if you could mail it to me. I'll return it after I use it, promise!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Silver tiburon, do you still have that stencil I could borrow? I have the toe bolts, but no stencil. Let me know if you could mail it to me. I'll return it after I use it, promise!
Yeah I still have it. PM me your addy and I'll throw it in the mail.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
okay, so the stock arms themselves don't have adjustment, but what about the bolt that holds them down. When i was installing my toe bolts, it looked like the camber bolts where adjustable too. can anyone confirm?

Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
ok im very new at lowering, ive seen your pic of your G lowered and it looks great so i need a camber kit and toe kit to lower my G the right way??

Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by P10 WRC
okay, so the stock arms themselves don't have adjustment, but what about the bolt that holds them down. When i was installing my toe bolts, it looked like the camber bolts where adjustable too. can anyone confirm?
The bolts that hold the camber arms in place do not allow for any adjustment, the simply hold the camber arms in place. The only adjustment is on the camber arms themselves. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by TruGame
ok im very new at lowering, ive seen your pic of your G lowered and it looks great so i need a camber kit and toe kit to lower my G the right way??
I will say from my personal experience the simple answer is yes. Although this is subject to debate, altering your suspension in any way will in almost all cases cause abnormal tire wear. This was the case in my situation lowered just under 1.5 inches. My tire wear was horrible because of the negative camber caused by my lowered suspension. It is months later after installing the camber kits and I am seeing drastic improvement in tire wear, as well as ride quality. If you are interested in the various opinions regarding this see: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...amber-kit.html

If not, I would suggest installing a quality made camber kit front and rear and call it a day.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pmed you about the car wiggling. lol

Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good DIY, this weekend hopefully I'll get around to it but many are using SPC cambers what you guys think about Ichiba rear cambers?

Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Ichiba rear camber arms are awful. Learned the hard way.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
put it in the DIY section?

The following users liked this post:
1YoungOwner (11-18-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I just put in SPC camber arms and new rear H&R springs. Took maybe an hour including jacking the car up and pulling the tires off etc..

anyway I didnt do the toe bolts yet because I want my new springs to settle for a week or so before I go get alignment.

my question is..is there anyway the camber arms could have changed my toe, or maybe even by changing my springs somehow ????? by looking at it all put back together it looks like the rear tires now point inward ?????

Old 11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver tiburon
The bolts that hold the camber arms in place do not allow for any adjustment, the simply hold the camber arms in place. The only adjustment is on the camber arms themselves. Hope that helps.

Not to argue or anything but that inner bolt holding the arm in place is CLEARLY adjustable just like the toe bolts. check out the eccentric bolt in this pic.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by P10 WRC
Not to argue or anything but that inner bolt holding the arm in place is CLEARLY adjustable just like the toe bolts. check out the eccentric bolt in this pic.

You are definitely right P10 WRC, this bolt can be adjusted. What I meant however, was it doesn't need to be under the circumstances, and performs only as an attachment bolt with the aftermarket arms. Just to clarify, the inner cam bolt used to hold the camber arms in place can be adjusted, but the adjustment sleeve on the aftermarket arm makes this unnecessary. The inner camber bolt was intended to be used with the factor camber arm, which in itself can not be adjusted like the aftermarket arms can. My point being, It's not that the inner camber bolt can't be adjusted, It's that adjusting it is pointless given you now have just installed an aftermarket arm to provide that same camber adjustment instead. The only reason I could see needing this adjustment in addition to what is already provided by the aftermarket arms, is if you maxed out your adjustment sleeves and still required more camber adjustment. In this case, you would make a combined adjustment using the sleeves and the stock camber bolt together. That would be a pretty extreme case though, and probably unlikely.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Silver tiburon why did you replace your what looks to be TC Sportline Camber arms with the SPC? I just picked up a set before seeing your thread.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY SPC Rear Camber & Toe Kit Install