Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whiteline control arm bushings here, driven for about 15k. Still feels awesomely smooth and tight.

The following users liked this post:
Heero (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heero
Gotcha. Yeah, with 112000 miles I'm sure your bushings are torn or worn out like the dealer described. Please update this thread when you get yours changed out and hopefully it will help improve your ride! Thanks.
Will do. Thanks for all the info.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine are out and need to be changed out also, can anyone recommend any place in S. CA?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by TaiWG35
mine are out and need to be changed out also, can anyone recommend any place in S. CA?
I'm in So Cal also. Brea, to be exact. Dont know if thats close to you, but I will let you know where I got my bushings done.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TaiWG35

Depends on what part of SoCal. There are a couple sponsors here that can do services like those for ALOT cheaper than any of those random shops that you'll find around here.

Sean's a nice guy and he'll definitely do it at a reasonable price. He's located in Corona

https://g35driver.com/forums/members/22160-sxexcx.html

and there's another guy. His name's Grant and he'll give you reasonable prices as well for services, but I forgot what his username was on here :/. Sean will know though. He's located in Redondo Beach area

MartyeeBee (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by prinny
Depends on what part of SoCal. There are a couple sponsors here that can do services like those for ALOT cheaper than any of those random shops that you'll find around here.

Sean's a nice guy and he'll definitely do it at a reasonable price. He's located in Corona

https://g35driver.com/forums/members/22160-sxexcx.html

and there's another guy. His name's Grant and he'll give you reasonable prices as well for services, but I forgot what his username was on here :/. Sean will know though. He's located in Redondo Beach area
Sean is pretty close to me so im gonna have to give him a ring. thanks for the info!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Heero
Have you checked your endlinks? The clunk and steering problem sounds more like a endlink/sway bar problem, but failed bushings can contribute to it as well.
Hi, thanks so much for the thought! I have not specifically checked my endlinks, but when the car was on the lift for an oil change, we all saw that the control arms had slid from where they are supposed to sit, and were actually movable by hand. So the shop said it was much less labor-intensive to replace the entire control arm on both sides so the cost would be equal or less to do that than to press out all 4 of the old bushings and press in new bushings. I am hoping to add aftermarket sway bars at the same time as the control arm repair, however, and was planning on upgrading with aftermarket end links too so that should take care of any problems there may be with the endlinks. Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by 05coupeDG
Does whiteline make a complete kit?
I don't believe they do, however, I recently ordered all of the bushings through b2autodesigns and they setup a custom order for me on their website which included everything.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
It has been approximately 1.5 months and so far so good. Bushings are still good and running like the way it did when I first got them installed!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Good to hear

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
PSA WARNING FOR COMPRESSION ROD WHITELINE BUSHINGS W83389!

Folks. After approximately 3 months driving with the new Whiteline Bushings, I started noticing a deterioration to my ride quality once again. It was feeling the same as how it was prior to my new bushings; bumpy, steering problems, etc. Well, I thought it was strange so I took it into the dealership for an inspection. Turns out, the Compression Rod Whiteline bushings started caving outwards. (I've attached two photos). I found this odd because they were only 3 months old.

I contacted Z Car Garage that did the work, and they found out that the previous version of the Whiteline Compression Rod bushings were defective, and that they had recently made a change to the design. They were nice and offered warranty on replacing the bushing with the newer version Whiteline bushing and free labor. My ride now feels fantastic again.

If you have purchased these bushings, make sure you have the NEWER version of the Whiteline Compression Rod bushings. You'll know it's the newer version if it comes with 4 giant gold washers. They go on the top and bottom of the bushing to prevent it from sliding out and causing the caving problem that I had.

I'm a little disappointed that Whiteline sold these, but I'm also happy that they recognized the problem and came out with a solution. I'm even more happy that Z Car Garage were awesome about it and replaced/changed my bushings free of charge.

I will continue to drive with these new bushings and update the thread as I go. For now, anyone who has gotten these changed or just recently purchased these bushings, PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY COME WITH THE 4 Giant Gold Washers!!

Attached Thumbnails Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car-2013-02-19-18.20.38.jpg   Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car-2013-02-19-18.25.43.jpg   Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car-untitled-1.jpg  

Last edited by Heero; 02-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
ivantheterrible (12-24-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Dang it. The wait starts over :/

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Yup! Don't get me wrong, the bushings are still amazing. I think they just dropped the ball on making sure that it doesn't slide out overtime. Obviously, they have figured this out and included washers to prevent that from happening. If it stays this way then I am still going to highly recommend these bushings as I do believe they are more rugged than the OEM ones.

Last edited by Heero; 02-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by beaguilar
Dang it. The wait starts over :/
They already sell the revised version. I ordered mine over a month ago and they came with the washers.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah I was unlucky since I bought mine 3 months ago. Came without the washers.

Originally Posted by herrschaft
They already sell the revised version. I ordered mine over a month ago and they came with the washers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car