Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
They already sell the revised version. I ordered mine over a month ago and they came with the washers.
I was talking about how we have to wait to see how these hold up lol but hero explained it.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any update on this or any other Whiteline compression rod bushing install after the revision with the washers?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm happy to report that these bushings make my car run like a champ with the washers. HIGHLY recommended!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Heero
I'm happy to report that these bushings make my car run like a champ with the washers. HIGHLY recommended!
Excellent, I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody did this is NYC that can recommend a shop to do this

Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSA WARNING FOR COMPRESSION ROD WHITELINE BUSHINGS W83389!

Folks. After approximately 3 months driving with the new Whiteline Bushings, I started noticing a deterioration to my ride quality once again. It was feeling the same as how it was prior to my new bushings; bumpy, steering problems, etc. Well, I thought it was strange so I took it into the dealership for an inspection. Turns out, the Compression Rod Whiteline bushings started caving outwards. (I've attached two photos). I found this odd because they were only 3 months old.

I contacted Z Car Garage that did the work, and they found out that the previous version of the Whiteline Compression Rod bushings were defective, and that they had recently made a change to the design. They were nice and offered warranty on replacing the bushing with the newer version Whiteline bushing and free labor. My ride now feels fantastic again.

If you have purchased these bushings, make sure you have the NEWER version of the Whiteline Compression Rod bushings. You'll know it's the newer version if it comes with 4 giant gold washers. They go on the top and bottom of the bushing to prevent it from sliding out and causing the caving problem that I had.

I'm a little disappointed that Whiteline sold these, but I'm also happy that they recognized the problem and came out with a solution. I'm even more happy that Z Car Garage were awesome about it and replaced/changed my bushings free of charge.

I will continue to drive with these new bushings and update the thread as I go. For now, anyone who has gotten these changed or just recently purchased these bushings, PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY COME WITH THE 4 Giant Gold Washers!!
Very interesting! I replied to this thread about 1 year ago and have finally put enough miles on my car to post an update. So let me share my experience...

I installed all Whiteline bushings in the front about 1 year ago and had enjoyed my ride quality for a while (~6 months) because I don't daily my car and only drove about 1,000 miles this year. But since about the summer time, I noticed the exact same thing! That is, my ride quality started to exhibit the same behaviors prior to installing my new bushings e.g. unstable when hitting pot holes at high speeds, some car vibration when braking at high speeds, etc. Those symptoms had all disappeared right after my install! But after the symptoms started gradually coming back, I was afraid these bushings were not holding up due to my car being lowered. At that point, I was expecting that I'd have to go with SPL bushings after all.

Well, I just now finally got around to jacking my car up and inspected all the bushings. All the bushings looked great, except for my compression rod bushings. But to my surprise, the compression rod bushings don't actually look torn or anything. What they do look like are exactly like the pictures that Heero posted where the rubber is folding outwards! Turns out the driver's side is worse than the passenger side. I've added a picture of the driver's side.

I bought my compression rod bushings from z1motorsports.com on 12/21/2012 and I definitely received the defective ones without the giant washers. I see how the washers would definitely help fix this problem. I did the work myself so there's definitely no warranty on the labor but will be calling the shop to see what can be done.

Thanks for your update on this Heero! Looks like I'll be replacing the CR bushings once again...

Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car-20131223_193926.jpg

Last edited by ivantheterrible; 12-24-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm glad my review was able to help out! I don't see why Whiteline would not take care of this for you, especially since they recognized the problem. I'm sure they wouldn't want to ruin their reputation by not offering you a free pair of the updated bushings. Keep us updated and hopefully we will hear some good news out of this.

Originally Posted by ivantheterrible
Very interesting! I replied to this thread about 1 year ago and have finally put enough miles on my car to post an update. So let me share my experience...

I installed all Whiteline bushings in the front about 1 year ago and had enjoyed my ride quality for a while (~6 months) because I don't daily my car and only drove about 1,000 miles this year. But since about the summer time, I noticed the exact same thing! That is, my ride quality started to exhibit the same behaviors prior to installing my new bushings e.g. unstable when hitting pot holes at high speeds, some car vibration when braking at high speeds, etc. Those symptoms had all disappeared right after my install! But after the symptoms started gradually coming back, I was afraid these bushings were not holding up due to my car being lowered. At that point, I was expecting that I'd have to go with SPL bushings after all.

Well, I just now finally got around to jacking my car up and inspected all the bushings. All the bushings looked great, except for my compression rod bushings. But to my surprise, the compression rod bushings don't actually look torn or anything. What they do look like are exactly like the pictures that Heero posted where the rubber is folding outwards! Turns out the driver's side is worse than the passenger side. I've added a picture of the driver's side.

I bought my compression rod bushings from z1motorsports.com on 12/21/2012 and I definitely received the defective ones without the giants washers. I see how the washers would definitely help fix this problem. I did the work myself so there's definitely no warranty on the labor but will be calling the shop to see what can be done.

Thanks for your update on this Heero! Looks like I'll be replacing the CR bushings once again...

Attachment 163917

Old 12-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Also; for those who want an update from me. It has been approximately 10 months running with the Whiteline bushings with the giant washers and I'm happy to report that they are still kicking *** and running smoothly. Suspension feels smooth and the bushings are still doing well. Hopefully other people will have their story to share!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Did you guys buy ALL bushings whiteline offers (everything on this page: http://thmotorsports.com/whiteline/w...s/g-62759.aspx) ?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:19 PM
No. I bought mine separate from Ebay for me.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
No. I bought mine separate from Ebay for me.
Which ones did you buy? Control arm bushings only?

Thanks

Old 12-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
How are they in the cold?

Old 12-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Did mine about a month ago and WOW, what a difference. The results are staggering. So precise... I love it. Wish I had done this a few years ago.

I replaced the compression rod bushings, inner and outer lower control arm bushings, shocks/struts (KYB) and stock Z springs.

I'll update this thread in a few months.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:53 AM
I can't say I've ever noticed a difference during normal temperature and during the cold?

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
How are they in the cold?

Old 12-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Cool

I can't say I've ever noticed a difference during normal temperature and during the cold?
Always worth noting, my car sees salty winters

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whiteline Bushings Review - Feels like a new car