Alignment Issues, Help needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alignment Issues, Help needed.

Hey guys so about two months ago i Installed the SPC front and rear camber arms on my gf's 2007 g35 coupe along with the toe bolts on the rear and lowered it with the Eibach pro kit. I Aligned the car right away just to get the specs right, did it myself at the time because i had access to an alignment rack. So Here was the alignment specs when i did them...

Name:  IMG_20130425_151704_538.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  65.8 KB

The camber on the front was maxed out, she always had a problem with the left side being more than the other so i wasn't too worried about it, i know it could be fixed with a cradle shift.

So I checked the tires daily to make sure there wasn't any crazy wear, two months later i decided to get another alignment just to make sure the numbers where in spec after the springs settled. I took it to firestone, yeah that was the first mistake. I didn't stick around to watch them do the alignment but when i got back and saw the specs, it didn't make any sense to me.

Name:  IMG_4036.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  80.7 KB

Those where the numbers they claim when they got it on the rack. It's impossible because the front left was at its maximum adjustment, and now they seem to have flip flopped. I dont know if they attempted to do the cradle shift or not but I was confused. And if i was driving with the toe that off in the rear i'm pretty sure there would be some sort of wear on the tire. anyways i was happy with the specs so we just left. Two weeks later, 400 miles later, My girlfriend is driving down the highways and she says her tires are getting noisier, keep in mind she has $1200 Michelin pilot sport A/S on her car. I drove the car and it was way too noisy so I cut the front wheels and the insides of both tires were cupped like crazy! It it exactly the way tires get when the Toe is out of spec. I didn't think it was safe to drive the car like that until i got it checked out, so the next they i took it to a Closer firestone by my house and a guy i knew worked there. He got it on the Alignment rack and here is what the numbers showed.

Name:  IMG954037.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  59.7 KB

The specs were COMPLETELY off. The rear specs weren't even close. The tech. said that he adjusted the Cam bolts without even loosening them so i assume the previous tech. didn't tighten them hard enough. My question is, If the back is soo messed up on the specs, why was there no visual tire wear, but the front got chewed up completely? I know there is nothing worn on this car i've checked it over and over. Seems like after that first visit to firestone, everything went to hell. Any Comments, concerns? I'm really trying to figure this out, meanwhile she is going to Firestone and demanding front tires. I will take it back to make sure the specs did not change in another week or so.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Wow,I think you should take it to someone that knows what there doing...I have the pro-kit as well...)03 coupe 6mt..Spc rear camber kit..No front kit was needed for the 1inch drop..All in green and toe zeroed out...

Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by ItsA..Gthing
Wow,I think you should take it to someone that knows what there doing...I have the pro-kit as well...)03 coupe 6mt..Spc rear camber kit..No front kit was needed for the 1inch drop..All in green and toe zeroed out...
I know man i really didn't want to take it to firestone but had no other choice. There are no decent alignment shops that are open on weekends and on week days i'm at work. I work far away from where she lives so i never have access to the car, if i did i would take it to my job and have our tech. do the alignment.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Strange that the fronts went bad in 400 miles, even at the changed values the camber isn't bad although mismatching and the toe isn't crazy out there either

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 PM
So what you gonna do o.p?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I called firestone and they are just playing me stupid. They were like oh well i'm glad our guys got it figured out if there is anything else we could do for you please let us know. I was like yeah you can buy me some new tires! They are a joke.... I accused them of doing a cradle shift on the car and they said they don't do things like that at the shop. I asked how he adjusted caster and camber so much when i had it maxed out in the front. He told me by turning the Cam bolts, when the idiot doesn't even know g35 does not have a factory adjustment. They told me they couldn't have done the cradle shift because the car was too low to jack up. Funny thing is if they didn't jack the car up, there is no way in hell that they adjusted camber on the SPC arms. I will shortly be speaking to the supervisor, there is no way i'm leaving it at this, they are just trying to play me a fool.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Good luck...

Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
I bought the Lifetime Alignment at Firestone last summer. I got the sheet back and it didn't have a caster measurement on it. I asked where it was and he said that it's not there because it is "within spec"...I just walked away from him because my car is lowered and caster is always in the red no matter what hahaha

Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Bro ham bone. Please understand two things. Alignment setups will read different place to place, time to time. Also u are complaing at .0x degrees of difference s. Find a protactor and try to understand how small. Also with ur max front camber at -1.5 deg. I dont really see why ur eating tires. The g just has a problem with that.