Rubber/Poly Bushings vs Aluminum Bushings for Lowered Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubber/Poly Bushings vs Aluminum Bushings for Lowered Car

My car is a bit lowered and I am about to replace my 2nd set of Whiteline Compression Rod Bushings . The first set were actually defective without Whiteline's new re-design to add washers - see this thread for more details. However, this 2nd set is outright torn on driver and passenger side. Frankly, I'm getting tired of replacing them that I'm finally going to bite the bullet and go with SPL bearings .

I previously replaced all my bushings in the front with Whiteline bushings and all the other Whiteline bushings appear to be fine and holding up without a problem except for these compression rod (CR) bushings. The reason I didn't go with SPL originally is due to NVH problems and deliberately not being recommended by shops for a street car. Well for a lowered car, I would argue that these are a MUST unless you want to be replacing them every 2K miles or so.

So with that said, I'm getting ready to replace all my rear bushings with Whiteline which are made of "Synthetic Elastomer". Before I actually put Whiteline bushings everywhere e.g. rear differential bushings, I wanted to solicit feedback from forum members on what other areas of the rear suspension (or front suspension for that matter) I should put stronger SPL aluminum bushings instead of Whiteline or something similar. For example, should I go with SPL rear diff. aluminum bushings or stick with Whiteline?

In Summary:
Members with lowered cars, what bushings are you using for front and rear? How do you like them? How long have they held up? Would you recommend SPL for any other highly stressed parts of a lowered car in addition to the CR? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
As far as compression rod bushings go, armstrong/adus/psb (all the same) seem to have the best reviews overall. There were only complaints of noise but if using the Energy Suspension prelube grease if shouldnt be an issue.