Sway Bar Summary!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NYT
^ If you've done the mod thing before, I'm not sure why you need to ask? Lots of mod options for the G, but with the X lots of parts (mostly suspension & exhaust) don't fit - careful of this.

Without changing ride height, sway bars are your best bang for the buck as noted all thru this thread, with Hotchkis being the most popular. You can also check out chasis stiffening mods like tie-bars - GT Spec has lots of good options.

Motordyne makes a couple great intake mods, then tie it together with a tune from Osiris. If you want to touch the exhaust, high-flo cats are the best place to start.

I needed to ask because I was a kid with a Honda. I bought everything that I saw that would make my ride cool and loud. Now I'm 30 and I have a car of value. I don't plan on ruining it with cheap mods and making it loud or getting a lot of attention. Just been out of the game too long. Thanks for the advice

Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Who's running the progress sway bars any input on them?

Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Prices sure did jump up on sways huh. Subscribed

Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back to sway bars. I have an 06 couple 6MT with RAS. I feel as if the car over-steers (ie., rear end comes/want to come out). Basically to reduce over-steer (thus increasing under-steer) I would want to stiffen the rear sways bar.

A rear sway bar would accomplish this correct -> making the care feel more "neutral?" Thanks.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
If you want to reduce oversteer you can make the rear softer, the front stiffer or increase tire width in the back. Check your alignment first; it could be the problem.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 AM
Just installed my Stillen Sway Bars & the difference is night and day. I'm setting up my 2003 G sedan for road racing and I'm close to complete! Prior to installing the sways I just installed my wheel setup. 18x9.5 Rota Grids +22 all the way around. My tires are 245/50/18 all the around as well lowered on tiens springs. I ran into a problem ruining the side walls of my $900 tire setup in the rear. I then reinstalled my stock springs is the back hoping I would not have any rubbing issues. But every bump and every turn would still ruin my sidewalls of the tire :/ I oredered my sways as fast as possible after I took a PVC tube to roll my fenders a bit. After installing my sways and ams end links the ride felt tighter. More responsive. On the way home I have s turns all day. I proceeded to take the corners at over 70mph and bam! No rub and it felt amazing! I feel safe around the corners! My settings are medium up front and maximum stiffness in the rear. Well worth the money! Hope this helps others! Z and g it up.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Anyone lowered with sways and running factory endlinks on a coupe? Im dropped one inch, am I gonna max out the sway travel? I had whiteline endlinks and practically gave em away.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow it took me forever to read through this entire thread. Lots of great information, I even understood some of it.

Sway bars and brakes I think are going to be my first mods on my ride! (Not planning on doing much as far as power goes... because it's AT and she's got 134k miles, I don't want to push it. She's my DD and I need a reliable car for work.)

I am leaning toward the Stillen, now I just need to really spend time researching all the stuff I don't understand... plus, I gotta find a shop or skilled person (in South Florida) to help me with the install, cause I definitely do not have the mechanical skills to do it on my own - however, I want to learn!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Hey, I'm in need of the front sway bar brackets, is there any after market front s
way bar brackets for a 04 g35 coupe?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Exhaust matches to your sway bars

I know it's been brought up once already but didn't see an answer. My purpose of reading this threads to find out which sway bars fit with a true dual cat back exhaust. I'd prefer the hotchkiss sway bar kit but it looks like there will be a figment issues with the rear bar. It looks like with the true dual the exhaust pipes run along both sides of the drive shaft and into the sway bar. Does anyone have the Stillen exhaust installed and what sway bar manuf. are you using? Also any other sway bars that you know that don't interfer.
Thanks!!

P.s. been looking into this for awhile....

Old 08-14-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
all this talk about the sway bars and not a word on the end links.
Not all end links are created equal.
$18 -$110 per each
Grease fittings or not
adjustable or not
Moog is the only one I've found that has a grease fitting but the boot isn't sealed
No maintenance end links??
OE: looks really thin compared to aftermarket.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best for the buck?

Old 08-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
I have adjustable on the rear, not a big difference

Old 08-18-2016, 10:34 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Even though I'm a big SPL fan, I don't recommend their endlinks. Ran a set for about 4000 miles and while they're well built I couldn't adjust them to where they didn't squeak and pop. So I sold them......

Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Swapped the factory bars for Hotchkis today. Set them up hard in front and medium in rear. Balance seems similar to stock but definitely corners and changes lanes flatter. Even more noticeable at freeway speeds.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Swapped the factory bars for Hotchkis today. Set them up hard in front and medium in rear. Balance seems similar to stock but definitely corners and changes lanes flatter. Even more noticeable at freeway speeds.
Did you get some beefy, adjustable end links? (Whiteline, phase2, SPL). I think having the right end links actually helps more than the sways themselves. I was a little disappointed with the sways by themselves (everyone rants and raves about how big of a difference they make..To me it was just a little better), but once I had the right end links, the difference in turn in became extreme. That's when I got the "on rails" feeling.

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (02-18-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Summary!