Sway Bar Summary!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Check in the market place. i think i saw hotchkis had an awd setup for the G. worth checking into if you dont mind a different brand

Originally Posted by jbrueggemann84
Maybe it is just me, but I cannot seem to find a Swaybar set for 2008 g35 (AWD). Anyone point me in the right direction? Stillen's site specifically says (Except AWD).....

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would 05 coupe sport package bars be a upgrade for my 04 sedan? Just curious as I can get a set for pretty cheap

Old 05-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
I went with Circuit Sports endlinks. As everyone says if your lowered running aftermarket SB's without end-links is no good.

Name:  photo-10.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  185.0 KB

Old 06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also interested in how the settings (soft, med, stiff) work out for you guys with the Hotchkis sway bars. I just ordered mine and was wondering what type of setting I should use for DD (no track - stock sports spension) and some spirit driving. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Seems you won't find much info on suspension tuning on this g35driver. A lot of info on sway bars but really nothing about tuning. I've been playing around with mine for a while. First off if your lowerd get adjustable end links to correct the sway bar angle.

You might have a lot of oversteer like I have I'm my sedan. They recomend full stiff front bar and full soft rear bar. That's the best thing you can do sway bar wise for oversteer. Im also running my d-specs full stiff front. And 3 turns from full stiff rear. I'm also running front and rear tie bars and a rear lower lateral bar. I'm pretty happy with the setup

Old 06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Herbbie Hablib
Seems you won't find much info on suspension tuning on this g35driver. A lot of info on sway bars but really nothing about tuning. I've been playing around with mine for a while. First off if your lowerd get adjustable end links to correct the sway bar angle.

You might have a lot of oversteer like I have I'm my sedan. They recomend full stiff front bar and full soft rear bar. That's the best thing you can do sway bar wise for oversteer. Im also running my d-specs full stiff front. And 3 turns from full stiff rear. I'm also running front and rear tie bars and a rear lower lateral bar. I'm pretty happy with the setup

I have a 06 RWD Coupe so my settings should be different. I've read several members using med (F) /med (R) or med (F) / hard (R). I know RWD cars tend to oversteer, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't tighting the rear correct oversteer? Mine is fully stock BTW. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks Herbbie, that was very helpful. I think I'm gonna put Stiff (Front) / Med (Rear) since my tires are not street tires and still have good grip (all-season ~2yrs old).

Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 AM
NYT
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So many people here have the front adjusted to soft, I'm surprised more didn't just buy the rear bar

Other than Progress, anyone else offer an adjustable rear sway that can be bought individually (not a F&R set)?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM
The stock sway bar is very heavy, and usually the bushings and end links are crap (at least on my 4-season driver) after just 4 years or so. The front being adjustable with adjustable end links, huge plus.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
I just installed my motordyne sways and those things make the car so much more solid on turns

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up guys I just bought an '03 G35 sedan with stillen intake and Z pipe. I love this car but I already have a custom ride. Of coarse as soon as I got on here I cought te bug. I want to retain a stock look so I was thinking of M45 wheels 19 inch I also want to do sway bars, and some engine performance. Now for my questions, my G is AWD I don't want the lowered import look. What sway bar set up can I do with a factory hight? Is it worth Doing sways if the car isn't lowered? Last what Performance mods can I do that won't make my car a noticeable tuner.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
JFletch, I like your name, (mine used to be FletchG35xturbo and Fletch350z on my350z.com). The sways will make a handling difference but obviously not as much as if they car's center of gravity was lower. As far as which ones you can do, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do any of them at factory height. As far as mods you can do that won't make it noticably tuned you could do a Motordyne plenum spacer, most people do the 5/16ths. The thing is, the X's aren't very fast and you probably won't notice much of a difference any ways. If you don't want anyone to know it's modded and you don't want to go very aggressive why waste the money on performance upgrades at all? If it were me I would go with what makes the car look nice (M 19's are nice) and maybe make the interior a little better (touch screen DVD player or something and a better sound system). Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure I do have some subtle cosmetic things in mind but basically I want it to look like a luxury sedan but when I want it to perform it won't let me down. Also I have been in the import scene for a while and I'm kinda over the extra attention I get from fuzz ect. I believe my car has a sports package but I don't know how to tell. The things fast and I'm kinda liking it.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
NYT
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^ If you've done the mod thing before, I'm not sure why you need to ask? Lots of mod options for the G, but with the X lots of parts (mostly suspension & exhaust) don't fit - careful of this.

Without changing ride height, sway bars are your best bang for the buck as noted all thru this thread, with Hotchkis being the most popular. You can also check out chasis stiffening mods like tie-bars - GT Spec has lots of good options.

Motordyne makes a couple great intake mods, then tie it together with a tune from Osiris. If you want to touch the exhaust, high-flo cats are the best place to start.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Summary!