Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

should i buy this coupe.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
just did a vin search on it and it showed it was reported as a salvage total loss!!!!!! wtf!!!!! title is clean
how can that be

VIN: JNKCV54E94M827476 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Salvage Records.

VINCheckSM Total Loss Record

he negotiated down to $6500 with me, so I know he will go that low, I was trying to get him to 5-5500 which is what I think the car is worth, but with it being reported as in a collision and a salvage total loss record, I think its worth even less

Last edited by S 854; 04-30-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: merged to streamline
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04g35mt
the major thing is that it has in fact been wrecked, my best friend owns a body shop, so I am very experienced in what to look for from him, the first thing is look at the radiator core support, it is brand new compared to other parts in the engine bay, 2 bolts that hold it in place on driver side are not stock and differ from the 2 bolts on the passenger side, look at the apron ( the part that runs up the side of car on the inside of the fender) it has been crumpled, and it was pulled back as straight as they could and welded, very novice welder did the job, the drivers fender doesn't line up with apron flush, it has waves in it,(not the fender, but the apron) this car has been wrecked, it drove fine, seems smooth, clutch is good, I ran it up to 85 mph and let go of wheel, it drove straight, maybe a very slight hint of pull to left , very little, tires are trash, they are shot, rims are curb rashed, the drivers power seat track makes grinding noise on way back, and at the end the seat twists sideways like its binding, windshield is cracked, drivers seat is torn bad, seemed to grind each time I when into 5th gear, car had zero gas in it, I had to put 10 bucks in it , just to test drive it, after I put gas in it, it would start and then immediately die, I had to push gas to keep it running, I heard this is common though and maybe clean the tb will fix or relearn the idle procedure, the car has Alabama title, in a dealer name, and it has repo papers with it, the front of the title shows a lien, but maybe that has been lifted, he told me he bought it from an auction after the bank repoed it, but I dunno????
Whoa thanks a ton for all the info. I think I'm also going to stay away for it, sounds like its in really rough condition.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not worth it !! You can be much happier buying a car that doesn't need the original parts repaired and get one that you know is in we'll condition and replace the oem parts to your taste and specs this way your spending your money on what you want not what you just need . And by the way a salvage or total Loss in that case a lot of insurance companies will not insure that car ...