Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Looking to buy a used Coupe & I need Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a used Coupe & I need Help Please

I am almost done with my lease on my 03.5 G35 Sedan and I am looking into a used 03-05 Coupe.

I need an Auto with our without NAV. I am looking at either Black, Red, or that Twilight Blue...I already have Silver and I want something new, but the other colors aren't doing too much for me.

Anyway, I have driven 3 so far in the last three days. I am getting the deals offered to me that woule make me do it...believe it or not...but I have not driven one that has "Done that special something" for me...ya know.

Especially when I get back into my Sedan and it feels 3x's faster...course I am driving stock coupes to my Sedan so it's not apples to apples.

But...what I have noticed is many front ends feel bumpy/noisy like something is loose or rubbing or out of alignment, etc...and the brakes on 2 or the 3 were not so hot and on the Blue one the VDC would kick on every off camber turn in I did...I think it was b/c the front outside of both tires was getting pretty rounded and then they spray all that slick rick shiny stuff onto the tires...anyway...

What I need to know from all you 03-05 owner experts is what should I watch out for and what should I want and not want, etc, etc.

Thanks so much in advance!

Old 03-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Thumbs up

TTT...Advice is needed please...Every little bit counts.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Depends where u buying from, if ur buying local you can always test drive and view it personally but buying over the internet you'll have to take their word for it but carfax helps a ton, check the vin. Stay away from anything in a major accident or has a lot of flags. You can always check for rust if it has been flooded at trunk hinges, pipes etc. List goes on but this is a good start. Do your homework and good luck with the search.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by stryder529
Depends where u buying from, if ur buying local you can always test drive and view it personally but buying over the internet you'll have to take their word for it but carfax helps a ton, check the vin. Stay away from anything in a major accident or has a lot of flags. You can always check for rust if it has been flooded at trunk hinges, pipes etc. List goes on but this is a good start. Do your homework and good luck with the search.
I am buying local...and I have been lucky enough to be buying cars on my own for some time now...I just wanted to get some good advice, IE, bad ball joints or something mechanical to watch out for ya know. I know the Sedan inside and out, but I am a rookie on the coupe specifics.

Thanks for the help and please keep the advice coming.

If it's as simple as watch out for scratches, dings, rust, a bad ride, an effed up engine noise, etc...than by all means let me know that too. Keep it simple stupid is good too!

Old 03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
i have a black 05 coupe AT. how much are you looking to spend?

Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by G35MC
i have a black 05 coupe AT. how much are you looking to spend?

I have 6 months at $523/mo left to eat on my lease so if I were to do a private sale that's $3100 I have to throw away...assuming you are a private owner and not a dealer.

I have been quoted what I mentioned above.

We just had a baby and I wanted to buy/save some good money vs leasing and spending what I am spending now.

$425 - $450/Mo is a nice number.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bosssho
I have 6 months at $523/mo left to eat on my lease so if I were to do a private sale that's $3100 I have to throw away...assuming you are a private owner and not a dealer.

I have been quoted what I mentioned above.

We just had a baby and I wanted to buy/save some good money vs leasing and spending what I am spending now.

$425 - $450/Mo is a nice number.
Ummm...why is that? if you sell your leased car, that doesnt mean you are still going to pay the reminder of the payment, first, I would call your leasing company and ask them what is your "Payoff" amount and if you can sell your car at that price? you owe/throw away nothing...many ppl think that only way to get out of the lease or to "buy out" of your lease is to pay all the payments, which it just isnt true.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Ummm...why is that? if you sell your leased car, that doesnt mean you are still going to pay the reminder of the payment, first, I would call your leasing company and ask them what is your "Payoff" amount and if you can sell your car at that price? you owe/throw away nothing...many ppl think that only way to get out of the lease or to "buy out" of your lease is to pay all the payments, which it just isnt true.
I did call...the lease buyout is $20K +...which if I could sell the car quick would work out best of course...I am way under on miles which is good for someone buying it...and the maturity date is Sept. 06...No where have I seen anything that says I can just trade it in early and not eat the remaining payments of my actual 39 month lease...are you saying that is a possibility?

Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM
All set, picked up a left over 05 Diamond Graphite w/everything but NAV...

Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
congratz on the new ride... enjoy!!

Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bosssho
I did call...the lease buyout is $20K +...which if I could sell the car quick would work out best of course...I am way under on miles which is good for someone buying it...and the maturity date is Sept. 06...No where have I seen anything that says I can just trade it in early and not eat the remaining payments of my actual 39 month lease...are you saying that is a possibility?
YES, if they offer you 20k plus, now, if you had purchase/financed the car at first place, and now you want to trade it or sell it, do you still have to pay the reminder of the payments? if you trade your lease car in, the dealer offer you certain amount, if that amount covers what you owe? than you have nothing more to pay on your lease, just like if you would trade your pruchased/financed car in.

The "buy out" is same as "payoff", and what do you think what "payoff" means?