Canada Serving Canada.

Tire Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:30 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Tire Care

I am not sure about the rest of you guys, but I am quite fussy when it comes to cleaning my tires. My personal preference is to have a glossy black look, almost wet looking I guess. I have tried what seems like umpteen dozen different products and none I have really been satisfied with.

I tried a new product, and after about a month of using it I can give it a thumbs up. It is from Armor All and is called Extreme Tire Shine. It does a great job and lasts longer than anything else I have used. You can pick it up at CT and is very inexpensive. Anyways, just thought I would share.

http://tinyurl.com/rw3nm

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:41 PM
Nice to know canuck! ill have to try it when im done using what im currently using (its a teflon tire gel), it works pretty well, I forget which brand it is.

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:50 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Good to know Shane. I didn't get back to you about the one I am dealing with as it wasn't any better at all than anything you can buy at CTC for less$$.

Old 08-25-2006 | 01:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
I've not used that one, Shane, but it sounds like a decent product.
Right now I'm using a 3 step product by Michelin (a cleaner for the wheels, and a 2 step for the tires). This one is more expensive and a longer procedure tho.
Let us know how long the Armour All lasts between applications.
Haven't got a pic of the Michelin prod., but here's yours.....:

Colin

EDIT: lol, the first time I viewed your CTC link, it made me find the product so I posted a pic. Now I see it goes directly to it.....

Attached Thumbnails Tire Care-0390703_450_cc_561ad.jpg  

Last edited by Msedanman; 08-25-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-25-2006 | 02:04 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Msedanman
I've not used that one, Shane, but it sounds like a decent product.
Right now I'm using a 3 step product by Michelin (a cleaner for the wheels, and a 2 step for the tires). This one is more expensive and a longer procedure tho.
Let us know how long the Armour All lasts between applications.
Haven't got a pic of the Michelin prod., but here's yours.....:

Colin
This product could last close to two weeks between applications, however I apply it a little more often just because I am quite particular.

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:09 PM
i am using the meguiar's endurance tire gel. it's great.

when i used to use it on my old car (pirelli tire), it would last weeks, even through heavy rain and car washes. it was amazing.

now i have have toyo t1-r tires. even thought the original application comes out amazing...it will fade away quickly. if it rains hard, it seems like you never applied it. i saw a thread with someone with toyo t1-r with the same exact problem (can someone find it). what could it be??

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:39 PM
canuck...i agree with you on that armor all extreme tire shine....a friend of mine had it, so i decided to try and i was surprised with the look that it gave my tires....so i may be switching from the mcguires hot shine

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:50 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ninog35
canuck...i agree with you on that armor all extreme tire shine....a friend of mine had it, so i decided to try and i was surprised with the look that it gave my tires....so i may be switching from the mcguires hot shine
Yeah, it has been the best product I have used to date.....at least for the look that I am after.

Old 08-25-2006 | 02:55 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Here's one for you - the new Z16. Gives a shiney look and lasts, literally, months.

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:08 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
^ thats a great show product. it doesn't last long for my daily commutes though. i use meguiars green cap. however, i always clean my tires thoroughly first. that is key.

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Here's one for you - the new Z16. Gives a shiney look and lasts, literally, months.
I agree with Kevin on the Zaino Z16. InTgr8r mentioned it to me and I have been using it for over a year now and really like it. It is not a real high gloss which I prefer.

Old 08-25-2006 | 04:19 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
The old Z16 did not last more than a week or two. The new Z16 has been re-formulated. Reports are people are getting over 10 washes with it. I've had it on my car for over 800km and it's still going strong.

Old 08-25-2006 | 04:33 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by picus112
The old Z16 did not last more than a week or two. The new Z16 has been re-formulated. Reports are people are getting over 10 washes with it. I've had it on my car for over 800km and it's still going strong.
When I first started using Zaino last year, I ordered Z16 and was not impressed with it at all.......at least for what I was looking for. Like I stated earlier, I was looking for a wet glossy type of look and the Z16 didn't give me that at all. I didn't find the life of Z16 all that long either. Maybe the new forumlated Z16 is better, but now that I have found the Armor All product to suit my needs I doubt I will switch. There is no question that it is all based on personal preference though.

Old 08-25-2006 | 04:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Oh ya, I was just saying if you wanna give one a try in the future; the new one is way better. I didn't like the old Z16 either.

Old 08-25-2006 | 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
When I first started using Zaino last year, I ordered Z16 and was not impressed with it at all.......at least for what I was looking for. Like I stated earlier, I was looking for a wet glossy type of look and the Z16 didn't give me that at all. I didn't find the life of Z16 all that long either. Maybe the new forumlated Z16 is better, but now that I have found the Armor All product to suit my needs I doubt I will switch. There is no question that it is all based on personal preference though.
I can see why you would not be happy with Zaino since it claims to give a gloss satin fiinish and not a real wet high gloss like you prefer. I find I only apply it about once a month.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire Care