Canada Serving Canada.

Windows are ruined!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by EEYORE
Well, I am going to have to try it this week after I heal up a bit from a little tumble with my bike up in Bala/Southwood today.

Glex - What brand of LCD cleaner are you using?

Thanks!!

E.

Any type.
I carry a small Staples brand LCD cleaner and MF towel.
When I'm doing the whole interior I use Monster ScreenClean.
The Staples brand should be sufficient

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-monster...i-2117922.html

Last edited by Glex25; 09-17-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EEYORE
Well, I am going to have to try it this week after I heal up a bit from a little tumble with my bike up in Bala/Southwood today. ...
man... what happened? hope your ok. i went to london this passed weekend with my bike. my butt was absolutely killing me. won't be doing that trip again on the bike.

for your windows... u can pre-clean them with regular dish soap and water. the dish soap will cut right through the grease and dirt like it's not even there. then just follow through with the glass cleaner that u bought.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
It works because it's ammonia. Unfortunately it's not very good for the windows.
Ah, learned something today.

But newspaper is a good streak-free way to dry glass. Home remedy. Of course nowadays I use micro-fibre towels.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
man... what happened? hope your ok. i went to london this passed weekend with my bike. my butt was absolutely killing me. won't be doing that trip again on the bike.
Well, at first me and a buddy of mind wanted to do semi-cruiser speed on HWY13. So we headed up to HWY13/Southwood and travelled north with the twisties in all its beautiful glory. I have never been on such a technical road that got me almost knee dragging at the speeds we were doing. I was in heaven!! I never had such a good time on that road and it was 35kms of twisties.

After the run it was noon time and we were hungry so we stopped at a nice quaint restaurant, I guess in Gravenhurst called the Hook and Ladder. When we finished lunch and trying to figure if we should head home for brownie points to our wife/girlfriend, we decided to do HWY13 again but going south to the 404. Doing the same speeds as before and maybe possibly slower, one of the corners on HWY13 spooked me. What I thought was sandy road on a tight corner wasn't.

I overbraked while into the turn and caught some gravel before the ditch and low sided the bike. I fell off the bike and landed on the road with my helmet scratched, my gloves ruined, my jeans stressed a bit but no holes (I know I should have worn my TIMAX pants, but decided not to. STUPID STUPID) and the left side of the bike scratched.

I got up from the ground and the only thing that came to mind was my left shoulder was in moderate to severe pain. I was just praying that I had not broken my collar bone again. My buddy and I lifted my bike and checked what was damaged. The damage to the bike was minimal, but I will have to get some of the plastics repaired. For me it wasn't a big issue, because I was thinking of taking all of the plastics and sending it for custom painting anyway.

While I was trying to collect my thoughts and see what was going on with my shoulder, some harley bikers past by without even a concern for a fellow rider. Now I know why those A$$HOLES aren't liked by other type of riders. I have never seen such discriminate people in my life. You know, personally I don't care what bike you have as long as your well being is being taken care of. Hell, I could have been dead for that matter and not one biker would stop. After the A$$HOLES passed by a couple of sport bikers stopped to make sure everything was okay and then you realize who starts to care.

Anyway, since my bike had cosmetic issues, I was still able to ride my bike to my friends house unaware of the state of my shoulder. After getting to my buddy's place I told him, I can't ride my bike anymore since the pain from my shoulder was just getting worse. So we decided I would drive his car to my house while he road my bike. By the looks of things he really enjoyed riding my bike while I shrieked in the backgound in the car trying to catch up to him with his Volvo T5 wagon.

Once I got home, I quickly went to the hospital to assess my own damage. After a couple of hours in the waiting room and getting x-rays of my shoulder I was given the bad news. I had broken my collar bone again and in the same place as I did the last time. I guess the bone never really strengthened from the last time or I guess I wasn't taking the right vitamins to help with the bone. But that's my story and I am on pain killers for the short term until the doctors figure out what to do on Friday.

E.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
oh man after reading that, windows streaking are the last of your worries. GL on a speedy recovery

Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Geez Eeyore, sorry to hear about your bad experience but glad you are not hurt worse. G/L with the recovery. At least the bike isn't in too bad of shape.

Last edited by RBull; 09-20-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Geez Eeyore, sorry to hear about your bad experience but glad you are not jusrt worse. G/L with the recovery. At least the bike isn't in too bad of shape.

DAMN Bike is in better shape than me thats freakin for sure!!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmmmm.... sorry to hear that. but u know it can always be worse. a month ago i almost lost it on some gravel up near lindsay. me and a friend were biking... we took some back road and before u know it the road changes from nice pavement to dirt/gravel right after a wide sweeping turn. i fish tailed a bit but luckily wasn't travelling too fast so i was able to control it with just my rear brake.

here's wishing u a speedy recovery and look at the bright side... at least the riding seasion is just about over ... unless your the insurance company

Old 09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks all for the kind wishes...

Used to love going up to Lindsay and doing Elephant Lake road (Petersen) until I had a close call with the road up there and haven't really been back there again with the exception of the 503/507 route and eating at Mamma's Kitchen in Maynooth. Nowadays I don't find it fun anymore up there until my friend took me on 13/Southwood. It was much more technical and it certainly got my balance techniques slightly better with the sharp turns and rolling elevations, it was certainly fun. I like those kinds of routes and would usually take them slow at first if I didn't know the road, but I went at it with a little too much bravado that got me spooked on the corner where I low sided.

Anyway.... The weather is going to turn for the worse and the season is almost over so, the bike is going to its restful sleep while I strip her of everything she got and give her a brands spankin new body job. Gone will be the red and white, in will be the flat black and chrome vinyls along with other accentuating accents to the paint job. The mechanicals will be upgraded too so those won't be left out. She will maintain the Yamaha decals and the covers for both the alternator and clutch replaced with chrome ones. But thats enough of that, eventually you will see me on the road with it.

Karim