Canada Serving Canada.

'Beeping Sound' when locking door...gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007 | 06:43 PM
|
'Beeping Sound' when locking door...gone

Good evening guys,

This morning I noticed that my car does not 'beep' when I lock the door, or when I touch the unlock button on the car handle. Coincidentally, I was scheduled for an oil change today and I told them about the problem. Once they had finished servicing my car, they did not mention anything about the problem, so after asking them about it again they preceded to tell me that this might have happened because "it's cold and this car belongs in California anyway" ......... I almost lost my patience at the stupidity of this man, but I was very late for a meeting and decided to forget about this for now and deal with it another time.

Any ideas what this might be caused by? Is it an option you can enable/disable?

Troy

Old 02-12-2007 | 06:57 PM
I had the same problem when i first bought my car. I think what you might have done is prssed the little alarm button thats by the steering wheel on the left of it. This happend to me once also, and I wasnt sure what it was. Then, one day i pressed the alarm button by mistake and the beep came back, so I am guessing I pressed it in the first place by mistake and thats what caused the problem. Just try to press that button and then click your alrm button. See if it works.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
I had the same problem when i first bought my car. I think what you might have done is prssed the little alarm button thats by the steering wheel on the left of it. This happend to me once also, and I wasnt sure what it was. Then, one day i pressed the alarm button by mistake and the beep came back, so I am guessing I pressed it in the first place by mistake and thats what caused the problem. Just try to press that button and then click your alrm button. See if it works.
alarm button?

My maxima had a feature in which you hold two of the buttons on the remote down and that would toggle the horn confirmation on/off. I believe the G has some similar way of setting, mostly because I believe I had it set on to no beep at one point.

I don't have my owner's manual handy, I think it might be in there.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:20 PM
Yup the little alarm button that lights up. That was the problem i was having. And that resolved it.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:22 PM
Yup the little alarm button that lights up. That was the problem i was having. And that resolved it.
That light is a button? I never realized that - you sure??? (too cold for me to go outside and verify)

I do have to say that I would bet you it's not a button on my 2k5 sedan...

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:37 PM
|
Alarm button on the left of the steering wheel? Are you talking about the little red one that flashes, because you can't push that in

Troy

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:38 PM
|
Originally Posted by akrus
That light is a button? I never realized that - you sure??? (too cold for me to go outside and verify)

I do have to say that I would bet you it's not a button on my 2k5 sedan...
That sounds logical. However it's way too cold outside to get the owner's manual from the car I'll check that out tomorrow.

Troy
*edit* If this is all it is, you'd figure the highly qualified Infiniti service team would be able to tell me about it.

Old 02-12-2007 | 07:39 PM
Brian
That's not a button. It's just a light! haha

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by BigG
That sounds logical. However it's way too cold outside to get the owner's manual from the car I'll check that out tomorrow.

Troy
*edit* If this is all it is, you'd figure the highly qualified Infiniti service team would be able to tell me about it.
OK, did some digging:

here is the manual for the 2k6 on Infiniti's site

attached is the particular page I was thinking of (pg 144)

Attached Thumbnails 'Beeping Sound' when locking door...gone-g_key_beep.jpg  
Old 02-12-2007 | 08:31 PM
On mine that little light is also a button that you can press. I pressed that button and the beep came back. This is the factory alarm i had installed for $550 extra dollars. The little red light that blinks is also a button that you can press.

Old 02-12-2007 | 08:56 PM
|
Thanks for the help, akrus! Next time, I'll make sure to find the answers to very simple and basic questions on my own and not be lazy, lol

Old 02-13-2007 | 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by BigG
Thanks for the help, akrus! Next time, I'll make sure to find the answers to very simple and basic questions on my own and not be lazy, lol
No worries, Troy. I'm sure there's at least one other person that was helped out by this thread as well, so I say never hesitate to ask.

Old 02-13-2007 | 09:56 AM
On mine that little light is also a button that you can press. I pressed that button and the beep came back. This is the factory alarm i had installed for $550 extra dollars. The little red light that blinks is also a button that you can press.
and
post pics of your mysterious buttons

Old 02-13-2007 | 10:04 AM
lmao... hmm, im gonna check mine today.. lmao

Old 02-13-2007 | 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
and
post pics of your mysterious buttons
forget that, post pics of the iforged Oh and I'd love to see a front view of that car, with 35% tint on the windshield, that's got to be insane!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 'Beeping Sound' when locking door...gone