Canada Serving Canada.

Happy Birthday to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007 | 03:45 AM
|
Happy Birthday to me

So my actual birthday is on Monday, but I decided to give myself an early b-day present. I worked a half day today, so I could get my alarm installed (my bday present to myself). After getting my alarm installed at lockdownsecurities, I played vball with some friends of mine, who then took me out to Boston Pizza to celebrate my bday. So we finish dinner and start chatting, my pagers starts to go off, at first i thought it was my friend messing around with my car, but I looked to my right and he was still seated beside me. I ran outside this gurl had hit my car. First she reversed into a Protege 5, then slammed into my car. I think i am still in shock, cause I am neither angry nor sad. Please see the attached pics. Although I am Chinese, I was actually parked between the lines LOL, the gurl hit my car so hard she moved my car out of the parking space. The reason I refer to her as a gurl is cause she is only 23.

Ok so we called the cops and he wrote up an accident report, and sent us on our way. My car is drivable, I think I may need the alignment done. My question is, will my insurance be affected seeing how my car was parked? Also will her ins cover all the repairs to my car? What will happen if my coils or camber kits are damaged. Is this covered by their ins? or and I SOL because they are aftermarket parts?

dubbletrubble any advice?

Attached Thumbnails Happy Birthday to me-800dsc01273.jpg   Happy Birthday to me-800dsc01276.jpg   Happy Birthday to me-800dsc01277.jpg   Happy Birthday to me-800dsc01272.jpg   Happy Birthday to me-800dsc01280.jpg  

Old 04-14-2007 | 04:40 AM
hiyyyyaaah!... happy birthday.. sorry bout the car

Old 04-14-2007 | 04:52 AM
Friday the 13th, that is why i stayed in all day to my best

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:01 AM
ooohh man.
firstly, happy bday mang. secondly, sorry to hear about the car...

I just brought back the G from woodchester collision, after getting the hood replaced because of the dent, and i saw soooo many Gs sitting there all banged up ready to be repaired...

Now as for your question - first you gotta see how much damage is done, get an estimate. Then if ou can get hold of the girl who did this, see if she agrees to settling this down by CASH, so that you dont make a claim from your insurance co.
If the damage is too much, i guess there would be no choice but to make a claim.
Insurance co.s as far as i know dont care who was at fault really. You make a claim there is a good chance it will go up upon the renewal (whenever that may be).

about the after market parts - include that within the estimate.

good luck.

Old 04-14-2007 | 05:06 AM
wow man, did you move the car after (the parking lines), or is this from the impact?

was she drunk, hitting 2 cars?

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:11 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Sorry to see the damage to your car. It's horrible to experience the incompetence of some drivers.

Good luck with the repairs.

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:57 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Sorry to see the damage to your car. It's horrible to experience the incompetence of some drivers.

Good luck with the repairs.
^+1... unbelievable
- sorry to hear about this

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:59 AM
Happy Birthday, I hate parking lots. People drive like idiots in them. FWIW I thnk the accident should be no problem for you $wise. No fault means your ins. co. pays to fix yours. As you were parked and not in the G your comp. should cover it and wave your deductable. Anyways, that's what happeded to me when I was hit while standing still. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by E M P I R E 9
wow man, did you move the car after (the parking lines), or is this from the impact?

was she drunk, hitting 2 cars?
I did not move my car. the impact caused it to move. She claimed that she was doing 30km. Who goes 30 km reversing out of a parking spot.

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:09 PM
To answer the insurance question, your rates will NOT go up because your car was parked. If you know who it is who hit you (have her info), call your insurance company and get your car fixed.
Looking at the damage, I can guarantee you that it will be $2,000 for sure.
With no-fault insurance, your company pays for your damage and her company pays for hers. With regards to the mods, it is tough to say if your company will cover them (every company is different).
Just put it through your insurance because it may be a pain in the *** to try to get her to pay for the damages.
I guarantee you that your rate will not increase because of this.
Like I have said before, I do this every day and the info I give you is accurate.
Good luck

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:52 PM
|
Originally Posted by dubbletrubble
To answer the insurance question, your rates will NOT go up because your car was parked. If you know who it is who hit you (have her info), call your insurance company and get your car fixed.
Looking at the damage, I can guarantee you that it will be $2,000 for sure.
With no-fault insurance, your company pays for your damage and her company pays for hers. With regards to the mods, it is tough to say if your company will cover them (every company is different).
Just put it through your insurance because it may be a pain in the *** to try to get her to pay for the damages.
I guarantee you that your rate will not increase because of this.
Like I have said before, I do this every day and the info I give you is accurate.
Good luck
Hey dubbletrubble,

Why would this be considered a no fault accident? The girl clearly reversed into 2 cars, her excuse was her heel got caught in the floor mats. That kinda sucks that my insurance company has to cover the damage, although I am not paying anything, it would make me feel that much better to know that her ins rates would sky rocket and that her inc company would have to pay for all the damages. I know that sounds mean, but I am now beginning to get pissed know my baby is sitting in the garaged all banged up.

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:05 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
... I agree, doesn't sound right,
but that's the way the no fault system works.

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by alphabit
So my actual birthday is on Monday, but I decided to give myself an early b-day present. I worked a half day today, so I could get my alarm installed (my bday present to myself). After getting my alarm installed at lockdownsecurities, I played vball with some friends of mine, who then took me out to Boston Pizza to celebrate my bday. So we finish dinner and start chatting, my pagers starts to go off, at first i thought it was my friend messing around with my car, but I looked to my right and he was still seated beside me. I ran outside this gurl had hit my car. First she reversed into a Protege 5, then slammed into my car. I think i am still in shock, cause I am neither angry nor sad. Please see the attached pics. Although I am Chinese, I was actually parked between the lines LOL, the gurl hit my car so hard she moved my car out of the parking space. The reason I refer to her as a gurl is cause she is only 23.

Ok so we called the cops and he wrote up an accident report, and sent us on our way. My car is drivable, I think I may need the alignment done. My question is, will my insurance be affected seeing how my car was parked? Also will her ins cover all the repairs to my car? What will happen if my coils or camber kits are damaged. Is this covered by their ins? or and I SOL because they are aftermarket parts?

dubbletrubble any advice?
Happy B/Day, Peter but sorry to see she's damaged......

Your insurance should not be affected at all, and all damages to any part of your car should be covered.....

Get the shop to check all suspension components as well as the alignment when she's in for repairs..

G/L with repairs and I hope your B/Day celebration gets better....

Colin.

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:27 PM
No fault is kind of a misnomer. There is always someone at fault in every accident no matter what.
Each company pays there pown insureds damages and it cuts down on lawsuits.
There are lawsuits if people get hurt and we do after the other comapny for damages then.
Her rates are going to go up because she was at fault.
Police don't do much in parking lots because it is private land, it doesn't change the fact whether you are at fault or not
Matt

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:33 PM
I think the no fault accident means is no fault of yours. Also you pay insurance monthly just so things like this will be covered.

On the other hand her insurance should go up snce it was her who caused the accident. I am no expert but I think that is how it works especially when there is a police report stating her fault.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday to me