Canada Serving Canada.

BEAUTIFUL Weather!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2007 | 11:56 AM
|
Talking BEAUTIFUL Weather!

Amazingggg weather we're having here in the GTA . Great day to wash all the cars as well. Just wondering, do any of you wash your G's at home? If so with what? I just wash the car with water and let it dry in the sun then wipe down the dried up dirt with a microfiber cloth. Any tips? Also we got the paint protection thingy on my G35 so I guess there's no point to use wax...maybe a little soap.

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
I just wash the car with water and let it dry in the sun then wipe down the dried up dirt with a microfiber cloth.
Ouch your killing me, I hope you're joking, I am sure Kevin (Picus112) will speak up and add his two cents. I never, never, never wash outdoors, always under shade so the car does not dry in the sun. I then use a chamois to get most of the water off and then finish with a drying towel.

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:07 PM
ya you never want to let it dry in the sun. if you do wash in the sun make sure you keep rinsing to keep from everything drying b/c you really dont want it to be drying. it spots

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:07 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by hullio
Amazingggg weather we're having here in the GTA . Great day to wash all the cars as well. Just wondering, do any of you wash your G's at home? If so with what? I just wash the car with water and let it dry in the sun then wipe down the dried up dirt with a microfiber cloth. Any tips? Also we got the paint protection thingy on my G35 so I guess there's no point to use wax...maybe a little soap.
Why not just use a sand paper? No need to wash it. Just take a sand paper to it and wipe off all the dirt with that.

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:09 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by fastGkid
ya you never want to let it dry in the sun. if you do wash in the sun make sure you keep rinsing to keep from everything drying b/c you really dont want it to be drying. it spots
Just get a MR CLEAN wash kit. Rinse it with filtered water after the wash and no more spots.
Works like a charm.

Old 04-21-2007 | 12:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by fastGkid
Oh ok, thnx bro.

But it is ok to use a microfiber cloth correct?

Last edited by hullio; 04-21-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2007 | 12:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by JOKER
Why not just use a sand paper? No need to wash it. Just take a sand paper to it and wipe off all the dirt with that.
Nah I tried that last time on the Mercedes and it didn't work that efficiently. Maybe I'll try a wire bristle tool next time.

Old 04-21-2007 | 01:39 PM
I think you better read this thread...Its from Picus112(Kevin)the god of all detailers.

If you love you car you should follow the directions that he provided. Otherwise you won't have any paint left on your car.

https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/141057-detailing-caring-your-ride.html

Old 04-21-2007 | 03:03 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by 35bills
I think you better read this thread...Its from Picus112(Kevin)the god of all detailers.

If you love you car you should follow the directions that he provided. Otherwise you won't have any paint left on your car.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141057
Yeah, it's gorgeous here too. It's reading 24 on my back deck out of the sun.

Good suggestion Bill. You beat me to it.

That will be a lot kinder to Hullio's car.

Old 04-21-2007 | 05:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Beautiful weather is right......and it's about damn time. It is sunny, beautiful, and 21C here. Yahooo!!!!

Today's weather wasn't wasted one bit as I had a great day!!!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...44#post1907544

Old 04-22-2007 | 11:06 AM
What a beautiful day it was...looking like about the same again today.

Inspired by the weather (and Shane's work on his GE), I pulled out the juice and started working on mine as well. I'm a rookie and don't have a pc to polish with, but I had a great foundation to work on since Kevin just did a new car prep & polish a couple weeks back.

I used Kevin's wash technique (in the shade) with sheepskin mitt and Meguiar's soap (use exact measurements per directions...more in not really better). Lots of rinsing of the mitt (two bucket system) and lots of rinsing of the car along the way to keep it slick, washed from top down, panel by panel, rinse and more rinse (with light water pressure), final watering by removing nozzle and letting the water cascade from the roof down. Dry with MF waffle weave towel. Finished of with Meguiar's Final Inspection just for fun.

Looks awesome...great shine, gloss and it looks 'a mile deep' when you look at it. Pic's later...

Old 04-22-2007 | 11:18 AM
^^^^^ Pics?????

Old 04-22-2007 | 02:50 PM
pics...

Man it's nice to be outside and seeing the grass getting green...

Attached Thumbnails BEAUTIFUL Weather!-100_6157.jpg   BEAUTIFUL Weather!-100_6158.jpg   BEAUTIFUL Weather!-100_6159.jpg  
Old 04-22-2007 | 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by 'G'TA
pics...

Man it's nice to be outside and seeing the grass getting green...
For sure, I cut my grass today and pruned a few bushes.

Old 04-22-2007 | 03:22 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
For sure, I cut my grass today and pruned a few bushes.
Wow, you guys are probably a couple of weeks or more ahead of us. I ran my mower with the bag over the lawn yesterday but just pick up the loose crap on the lawn. I'm just starting to get a few small green grass shoots.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEAUTIFUL Weather!