|
Traveling Administrator
G37 First Drive From Canadian Driver

Here you go.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/bm/08g37.htm

Old 08-15-2007 | 12:27 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Good post Shane. I had a read of it before but didn't think to link it. The article was pretty dry to me but overall a very complimentary piece.

Everyone seems to keep saying- the more you look the more you like. (I think that was an old Mazda ad tagline.)

Old 08-15-2007 | 12:38 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
I agree Deane. I actually posted the link to the article before even reading it. The article was extremely dry and didn't offer any information on driving dynamics or performance. Quite a disappointing read.

Old 08-15-2007 | 03:27 PM
They mentioned that the active steering helps with lane changes. Interesting I suppose. Is it worth the $1500?

Old 08-15-2007 | 03:32 PM
Checked out the G37c which arrived at Willowdale Infiniti on Aug. 13 & very dissappointed! They ruined the car. Very sad very unfortunate! what were they thinking? How could this be? Whether you saw pics of the car and people were hopeful that it would look better in person totally invalid. such a bland plain regular car. I call this a mere facelift from the successor G35c and nothing more. I rate the overall look of the car 7.2 out of 10. I think I will move over to another car now.. Cheers!

Old 08-15-2007 | 05:08 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by G35CoupeToronto
Checked out the G37c which arrived at Willowdale Infiniti on Aug. 13 & very dissappointed! They ruined the car. Very sad very unfortunate! what were they thinking? How could this be? Whether you saw pics of the car and people were hopeful that it would look better in person totally invalid. such a bland plain regular car. I call this a mere facelift from the successor G35c and nothing more. I rate the overall look of the car 7.2 out of 10. I think I will move over to another car now.. Cheers!
Well, in all honesty, that is your very subjective opinion. There are countless people here that have found it to be much better looking in person than in pictures. Although you may not personally like it, my guess is that the new Coupe will do VERY well sales wise.

Old 08-15-2007 | 07:23 PM
Checked out the G37c which arrived at Willowdale Infiniti on Aug. 13 & very dissappointed! They ruined the car. Very sad very unfortunate! what were they thinking? How could this be? Whether you saw pics of the car and people were hopeful that it would look better in person totally invalid. such a bland plain regular car.
I walked in to my Willowdale Infiniti dealership(TORONTO) to check out the new G37c when it arrived on Monday, & I walked out deciding I would get the new BMW 335i coupe
Dude, whatever you're smoking, please pass it along To call the G37a "bland/plain regular car" with respect to the 335i you've decided on getting, is just ridonkulous. Not to the knock the 335i at all (i truly like the car for what it is), but in terms of styling, seriously now..

Old 08-15-2007 | 08:13 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
+1 Have to agree.

Old 08-15-2007 | 08:48 PM
it arrived in the dealer in my neighborhood yesterday and had a look at it in person. the interior is quite nice and i love the washi effect on the metal. i do think the headlight and grill treatment to be a bit bland, i think the sedan front treatment somehow looks better.

Old 08-15-2007 | 09:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Comatose
Dude, whatever you're smoking, please pass it along To call the G37a "bland/plain regular car" with respect to the 335i you've decided on getting, is just ridonkulous. Not to the knock the 335i at all (i truly like the car for what it is), but in terms of styling, seriously now..
I know what your saying....
BUT I think they moved the G coupe looks waayyyyy to far to the luxo side of the equation.
Styling on the BMW is not too sport edged either, but I'd give it the nod for a more cohesive look.

Forgetting about $, mechanicals & everything else, I'd choose the looks of the E92 in a heartbeat over the new G coupe. (flame away )

Old 08-16-2007 | 07:15 AM
It kinda looks like the SC430 of the Lexus

Old 08-16-2007 | 08:30 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I know what your saying....
BUT I think they moved the G coupe looks waayyyyy to far to the luxo side of the equation.
Styling on the BMW is not too sport edged either, but I'd give it the nod for a more cohesive look.

Forgetting about $, mechanicals & everything else, I'd choose the looks of the E92 in a heartbeat over the new G coupe. (flame away )
No flames here. I still haven't seen it in person so holding back a bit on final comments.

I agree that the G37 jumped to the luxury side but still think it's more sport than the E92. The BMW has always struck me as a real classy car but more of a luxury sedan with 2 doors. I'm going today to see if our dealer has a G37 and if I have to eat my words.

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:00 AM
I went to one of my dealership to see if they had received their demo car (which they did not) but instead checked out the new G35 Sedan. I must say it didn't do much for me in picture but really liked it up close and when I got to sit in it, was really impressed by the interior. I'm defenitely getting a G37 if I can cut a good deal or maybe hold off till they announce a AWD version.

For people complaining about it being too luxurious now, this is actually the selling point for me. My current car is a really rough sport car and am really looking forward to getting into a more relax one and still not loose sportiness completely. BTW, I love the Lexus SC looks.

BTW, just found out a friend is working as a manager at the dealership and he told me not to finance or lease as the rates will not be good. And that if I intend to pay cash upfront, which I do (I've been saving for a long time for this car as you can see from my registration date), then he can cut me a deal, like a manager deal. Now I don't know how much or even if he will come through for me, but if the deal is good, then I might go ahead and buy one without waiting for the AWD version.

Garnet, might sound like a stupid question, but on your nav in your new sedan, when you drive, do you see your position in real time? Like for example, is the green arrow moving as you're driving? If so, I might have to get this feature.

Old 08-16-2007 | 10:36 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Techuinang
I went to one of my dealership to see if they had received their demo car (which they did not) but instead checked out the new G35 Sedan. I must say it didn't do much for me in picture but really liked it up close and when I got to sit in it, was really impressed by the interior. I'm defenitely getting a G37 if I can cut a good deal or maybe hold off till they announce a AWD version.

For people complaining about it being too luxurious now, this is actually the selling point for me. My current car is a really rough sport car and am really looking forward to getting into a more relax one and still not loose sportiness completely. BTW, I love the Lexus SC looks.

BTW, just found out a friend is working as a manager at the dealership and he told me not to finance or lease as the rates will not be good. And that if I intend to pay cash upfront, which I do (I've been saving for a long time for this car as you can see from my registration date), then he can cut me a deal, like a manager deal. Now I don't know how much or even if he will come through for me, but if the deal is good, then I might go ahead and buy one without waiting for the AWD version.

Garnet, might sound like a stupid question, but on your nav in your new sedan, when you drive, do you see your position in real time? Like for example, is the green arrow moving as you're driving? If so, I might have to get this feature.
Techuinang - that's great, I'm sure you're going to love the new G37
It sounds like you're the marketing target for this car.

Despite what my preferences are;
I think Infiniti has done the right thing with the car to move the car more mainstream & attract a larger clientele.
I think there are a lot more people out there with needs & wants like Techuinang than hard edged enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:08 AM
I totally respect if people are dissapointed by the new G37 or the direction Infiniti is going towards.

To me, Infiniti is a luxury brand and should offer luxurious cars. They want to compete with Acura and Lexus, so they have to offer higher end products, just like the new M and G35 Sedan started off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 First Drive From Canadian Driver