Canada Serving Canada.

Wintertime Blues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Wintertime Blues

It sucks, we are still only in January and I have been feeling kinda "blah" lately. The weather has been really crappy this winter so far. We've had way above average snowfall this year and I am getting tired of snowblowing and shoveling. I really hate the cold weather too.

Thankfully, I've been ridiculously busy at work so that helps some. My vacation in April to warm weather can't come quick enough. Wayne, is it too late to try and fit in your suitcase???

Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
..I can use a caddy next week

Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Man, tell me about it Shane. Our nightly temperature have been reaching into the 20's daily.... pain in the neck, its so cold when I go to work.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
..I can use a caddy next week
Pick me, pick me!!

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Man, tell me about it Shane. Our nightly temperature have been reaching into the 20's daily.... pain in the neck, its so cold when I go to work.
It's only 5F here right now.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
It sucks, we are still only in January and I have been feeling kinda "blah" lately. The weather has been really crappy this winter so far. We've had way above average snowfall this year and I am getting tired of snowblowing and shoveling. I really hate the cold weather too.

Thankfully, I've been ridiculously busy at work so that helps some. My vacation in April to warm weather can't come quick enough. Wayne, is it too late to try and fit in your suitcase???
LOL, I might have room in mine but K wouldn't, you know how she packs . Next year you guys should come with us, around the same time of the year, it's a nice break from the white stuff. It was 89 F there today .
5 more days

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-23-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
5F man I haven't been in those temps since I lived in Alaska.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear you, Shane......I've been down lately too but hey, at least the days are getting longer now and we're only 2 months from spring.....

Buck up bro.......not long to wait now......

C.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear you Shane. It's been a really tough one for us on the East Coast so far. It has snowed and/or rained about 5 days out of 7 since early December and the temps are frosty too!

Hang in there; you've got a nice April treat to look forward to. Who knows- maybe Feb and March will be a breeze.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gah, i hear ya, at least the car likes the cold....

almost there though, once march rolls around there's light at the end of the tunnel.

i try to think positively, there's 2 months of having a free 30 extra hp

Old 01-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-40C outside in Winnipeg...

Good news is since it is so cold; it hasn't snowed in over 3 weeks! No cleaning the driveway for me; haha.

For the 2 months until Winter is over; unfortunately I think Winnipeg will have the white stuff until early April...

Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by pjames

i try to think positively, there's 2 months of having a free 30 extra hp
LOL, I like that, it's so funny 'cause I say the same kinda thing...
"well at least the car runs better in the winter"

Winter's alright, gives me time to catch up on some minor home renos, movies, etc.
I even started playing xbox360 out of boredom, which has been pretty cool so far.

This is Canada, enjoy the winters. It wouldn't be right to have warm winters here. At least you know global warming hasn't hit us yet.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Asad_A203

Good news is since it is so cold; it hasn't snowed in over 3 weeks! No cleaning the driveway for me; haha.

For the 2 months until Winter is over; unfortunately I think Winnipeg will have the white stuff until early April...

Yikes....... -40!
That's dang cold in either scale......and happens to be the same # in both F + C......

We've not had much snow either but cold is an issue tho.
Clear and cold suits me rather than the mess of ice, snow, slush, muck, salt, dirt, sand etc etc etc.....

Stay warm and hope for an early spring. With any luck, we should be only a couple months to some better, (G-type) weather.....

I'll bet you have one or 2 block heaters running overnight at that temp????

Colin

Last edited by Msedanman; 01-24-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Asad_A203

That's cold. I don't miss that from my years of living there. So far we've hit -18 one night and Monday gone by only a high of -14. Good luck riding out the rest of the winter.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
-13C or 8F here this morning. Been pretty mild here so it's bearable, if a little long. I'm also starting to count the days until I can put on the summer tires and my car will stay clean and green for more than 5 minutes. Like Wayne, I don't mind the cold as much as the slop.

Cold and clear = good astronomy weather!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wintertime Blues