Canada Serving Canada.

Summer GDriver meet - Cape Breton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Deane & Shane; While you're thinking about Hotels.....
We'd appreciate recommendations for St John & Halifax as well.

Thanks
I don't know who is planning to come to Dartmouth besides you and P but H and I are offering accommodations for two couples/baby. If anyone wants to put their head down at our home for a night or two we have lots of extra space/facilities and and would be pleased to have you. Accommodations may even include a basic breakfast.

Alternatively, the PG Wayne mentioned is one of few that have underground parking. Let me know if you want me to give you some more choices and if you want downtown Halifax or a motel located elsewhere.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
I don't know who is planning to come to Dartmouth besides you and P but H and I are offering accommodations for two couples/baby. If anyone wants to put their head down at our home for a night or two we have lots of extra space/facilities and and would be pleased to have you. Accommodations may even include a basic breakfast.

Alternatively, the PG Wayne mentioned is one of few that have underground parking. Let me know if you want me to give you some more choices and if you want downtown Halifax or a motel located elsewhere.
That is very generous Deane, just to let you know for sure, K and I will be returning home straight from the Cabot Trail, we will not be stopping at Dartmouth this trip.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Like Wayne says... that's very nice of you to offer,
& very much appreciated, thanks.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
I
Have a look at this and give me some feedback.

https://www.capebretonresorts.com/bo...age.asp?id=100
I have a few other suggestions I'll provide staying on the 2/2 theme if there isn't interest in this package above.
That sounds pretty good to me...
A pkg booking instead of multiple single reservation makes things a lot easier as well.
Also, we won't be looking for accommodations at the end of the day like last year.

-do they have a hose???

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Rated M

That sounds pretty good to me...
A pkg booking instead of multiple single reservation makes things a lot easier as well.
Also, we won't be looking for accommodations at the end of the day like last year.

-do they have a hose???
Okay, thanks.

Haha about the hose. Great question. Thanks for reminding me. Maybe we can have that planned out too I did use a hose at the Inverary years ago but that's not one of the properties we're looking at.

Like Wayne says... that's very nice of you to offer,
& very much appreciated, thanks.
Our pleasure.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm taking a hose this year, no more wastepaper bin water transfers .

Old 03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by GEE35X
That is very generous Deane, just to let you know for sure, K and I will be returning home straight from the Cabot Trail, we will not be stopping at Dartmouth this trip.
No problem, I gathered that from your earlier post but am not sure about Shane & A; Brian.

You're welcome anytime.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Rated M

Now there's an idea!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Always suspected you were a hoser.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Always suspected you were a hoser.
Take off eh!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Deane & Shane; While you're thinking about Hotels.....
We'd appreciate recommendations for St John & Halifax as well.

Thanks
Are you guys looking at staying right in Saint John or outside of the city where I live in Rothesay? I can give you some good suggestions for both. Btw, I am about 12 minutes or so outside of Saint John

Unfortunately, I don't have the "Palace" that Deane has and have only have one spare bedroom. Someone is certainly welcome to stay in it though.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Interesting. Highlands Heights used to be owned by Cape Breton Resorts. the one consideration is that property is off the beaten track(not on the Cabot Trail) and is less convenient as far as a home base.

Have a look at this and give me some feedback.

https://www.capebretonresorts.com/bo...age.asp?id=100

It is 3 different properties over the 3 nights and may be worth a look. It would be convenient for our travel plans with perhaps the first night at Dundee enroute to the Trail or the last night with a shorter drive home. Facilities can be booked however we want. It is a very nice facility and has a great golf course/new clubhouse on the property. (no, I won't be golfing ) The Ceilidh Country Lodge is in centrally located Baddeck and across the street from Inverary (access to those facilities/dining/water). I have stayed at Ceilidh and it is a standard motel facility. At Glenghorm they want an upgrade of $29 for the rustic cottages.

They don't have the rates set yet for the low season days we're planning. I called for information and the person I need to speak to is out until Monday. If there is interest in this plan I will pursue trying to use my contacts to see if we can work out any kind of deal or flexibility with the rooms/cottages.

I have a few other suggestions I'll provide staying on the 2/2 theme if there isn't interest in this package above.
Ok, I wasn't aware that the Highland Heights was off the beaten track. If that's the case, we should probably look elsewhere.

That package deal you posted above has certainly peaked my interest. Let me know what you find out for rates when the person is back on Monday.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 03-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Ok, I wasn't aware that the Highland Heights was off the beaten track. If that's the case, we should probably look elsewhere.

That package deal you posted above has certainly peaked my interested. Let me know what you find out for rates when the person is back on Monday.
I was pretty sure that was the case and you weren't as familiar with the area.

I think we would be happy with that set up. If I can improve on this at all I will. I found out the person I used to deal with is still a consultant with them and teaches at my gym where I hope to "bump" into her next week since I no longer have all my contacts from my last employer. I'll do that first before calling their office.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Rated M

Are you guys looking at staying right in Saint John or outside of the city where I live in Rothesay? I can give you some good suggestions for both. Btw, I am about 12 minutes or so outside of Saint John

Unfortunately, I don't have the "Palace" that Deane has and have only have one spare bedroom. Someone is certainly welcome to stay in it though.
Shane, that's a kind offer.

Please, it's not a palace. We can accommodate 3 couples but would have to borrow a blow up double bed for one room. I have easy access to one if that is needed.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)

If you could recommend something in your area, that would be great Shane...
That way it'll make it a little easier for getting together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Summer GDriver meet - Cape Breton