Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im TT as well.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by G35R1Guy
Guys, just started researching th STS turbo kit... WOW, it is sweet... I found it a long time ago and thought the kit was a joke... Now I spent the time looking into it and it is sick... Does anyone know any dealers selling them up here and how much...?
the guys at AMS in the GTA recently installed a STS turbo system in a 350z, it was featured in one of the articles from PASMAG.
http://www.pasmag.com/index.php?opti...sk=view&id=930

Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Ya I had a talk with them... Just a bit to pricey for the kit... The labour is a good price... If I could find a place to get the kit and then get them to install it since they have installed the one on the 350z and know what they are doing... That would be great... But the kit from them is 6900 US and then still tax and brokerage on top of that...The US doller is really high now, so that is way to much...

Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what ever happened to sammy ? he used to have a monster of a car. last i remember he was talking about selling it (which was a while back ago)... not sure if he ever did or not... and i haven't seen him post in quite a while.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
what ever happened to sammy ? he used to have a monster of a car. last i remember he was talking about selling it (which was a while back ago)... not sure if he ever did or not... and i haven't seen him post in quite a while.
He's still around and hasn't sold the beast.

He was out at the Fall Tour for a run with us. His car is still impressive and alway be...

Old 11-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
He's still around and hasn't sold the beast.

He was out at the Fall Tour for a run with us. His car is still impressive and alway be...
yeah.. i remember seeing it when we did the arai experience... i think he's running a greddy tt from what i remember. he's also had it for a long time now so i'm sure he knows what works and doesn't.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
if its any help i got a turbo g35 as well.. pm me if you need anything..

Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm still here I'm just not on the forum as much as I used to be. After awhile there isn't as much to learn or discuss that hasn't been already dragged through the mud a dozen times already.

I still have the car and probably still will for a while. I was only thinking of selling it back last fall because of financial issues and a slow down in the consulting industry but I have rectified that situation for the time being and things have been steady. Definitely not as lucrative as a few years ago but still managing to keep my head above water.

My only advice for the moment for the OP is that you do your research before handing over your hard earned cash to a shop that thinks they know everything because they have done alot of similar cars. It doesn't mean that they have done them right and they certainly aren't going to tell you that they didn't. That's why this and other similar forums are so great because you can take other people's experiences and make better judgements for yourself using their feedback. Some of us, myself included, didn't have the same wealth of knowledge when we were spending our money originally and had to learn the hard way.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have driven or trailered my car down to AAM (Altered Atmosphere) in Maryland, USA and let Mike do a proper job converting this car, as he has done wonders for mine since I found out about him through this forum.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will try and make a conscience effort to respond.

Cheers, and P.S. the Fall Tour was awesome again! It gets better every year.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Hi Sam...
I thought you had a local shop that did great work for you. :heads for bomb shelter:

Old 11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
You guys have been great, thanks for your input... there are 2 companies right now that I am thinking about dealing with... If anyone knows amszstore.com or sg-motorsport.com/ , those are the 2 shops I am looking at... Let me know guys and thanks again for the help...

Jeff

Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 AM
what kind of safe boost/gains are we looking at on the stock motor?

Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
^ ^ WB...search the forced induction for noobs thread. Its discussed to death in there ^ ^

Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by G35R1Guy
Thanks man, ya there is a shop here that will sell me the kit for ruffly 6700 US plus tax/broker fees... Then the install was 1500... The install price is good, but the kit is to much because the american dollar is to high etc... thanks for the info, I will look into it...

Jeff
im getting the same kit!!!!!!!!! and 6700!! to much i know a guy that gets it from STS them selves for probably 1000$ US less that ur saying and install for 1200 CDN + 200$ tune. kit comes with everything injectors, intercooler, bov absolutely everything! ur paying to much! im in Toronto as well and my g is going to be the first one in the gta with that kit i believe. if you want pm me ill tell you all the details. im also going for a dyno pre turbo tomorrow

Old 03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by zeidik
im getting the same kit!!!!!!!!! and 6700!! to much i know a guy that gets it from STS them selves for probably 1000$ US less that ur saying and install for 1200 CDN + 200$ tune. kit comes with everything injectors, intercooler, bov absolutely everything! ur paying to much! im in Toronto as well and my g is going to be the first one in the gta with that kit i believe. if you want pm me ill tell you all the details. im also going for a dyno pre turbo tomorrow
I would be scared Sh!tless of a $200 tune. Usually tunes from ANYONE reputable are about $1000CAD a baseline dyno with 3 pulls are about $200.

OP search to no end learn as much as you can about what you want/need before ever even going to a shop if you can have an intelligent conversation from the start will decrease the chances of buying a bunch of stuff you don't need and also help you determine the shops competence.
I agree with Sammy it would likely be cheaper to take the car to a shop that works on tunes these cars all day every day. I am lucky I have a world class tuner just down the road from me but Forged/GTM could likely have done it as good for cheaper due to the experience they have and the cheaper US labor. Just be sure you declare your mods when coming back to Canada if you go that route. Search "Nitrouz" on here or My350z to see what happens if you don't declare them

Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I would be scared Sh!tless of a $200 tune. Usually tunes from ANYONE reputable are about $1000CAD a baseline dyno with 3 pulls are about $200.

OP search to no end learn as much as you can about what you want/need before ever even going to a shop if you can have an intelligent conversation from the start will decrease the chances of buying a bunch of stuff you don't need and also help you determine the shops competence.
I agree with Sammy it would likely be cheaper to take the car to a shop that works on tunes these cars all day every day. I am lucky I have a world class tuner just down the road from me but Forged/GTM could likely have done it as good for cheaper due to the experience they have and the cheaper US labor. Just be sure you declare your mods when coming back to Canada if you go that route. Search "Nitrouz" on here or My350z to see what happens if you don't declare them
this is the equivalent of Z1 in toronto and its the only shop that actually has done the tune on a 350z before in the gta and the first shop to do a TT install on a g35. he mostly does 300zx's but now he has expanded. the only reason he id doing this cheap is because the kit is very easy to install and he wants to promote the kit with my car and the 350z (PAS magazine editor's car). he's been featured in many magazines for his 300zx 605whp this guy is very capable and i trust him with everything on my car. hes done almost everything on my car and iv been happy with it. the only thing he charges that might be expensive is the engine rebuilds and TT cuz he always takes the engine out without trying on the car. so more then 2k for a TT set up. but preatty reasonable with a single turbo and especially rear mounted kits. idk iv seen his work and ppl's cars and they all seem happy so i would vouch for this guy. he also makes his own car parts now, pulleys, radiators, brake pads, 300zx suspension parts, coil overs for all nissans, and plenums for 300zx's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo G35's, who has one etc...?