Canada Serving Canada.

Dry roads and had to take er out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Dry roads and had to take er out.

Yesterday afternoon all the snow melted of the G in the driveway and I had to take my daughter to the Dr. about 30 k down the road. Most of it on the 401. Had to take the G. Summers still on. Well, started up right away ( didn't disconnect the battery ), she's been siting for about a month and I've been driving a tank ( 97 Jeep Grand ).
Had a huge smile all the way down. Loved it.
Got back and noticed, Yup, some idiot had slammed their door into my passenger side door. AH's everywhere. No dent but quite the deep mar.
Well, on the way back I just had to let the dogs out. Floored it for just a very brief second or two. Loved the Jump and what/who do I see. Yup, one of Ontario's finest. Luckily for me he was looking for action on the other side of the Hwy . You win some, you lose some.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
awwwww

Glad you got to take your Black Beauty for a run . Sounds like she liked it too

Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i detailed/polished/sealed my G today and took it out after 5 days parked (Vancity actually got snow!). i drove downtown to grab something at the Bay, parked on the street. when i returned my car had been dumped on by 6-7 seagulls, maybe 8 of them. i have never seen so much bird crap in such a short period of time. i was only gone 1/2 hr! luckily my underground garage has a hose so i rinsed it off...

Old 12-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
i detailed/polished/sealed my G today and took it out after 5 days parked (Vancity actually got snow!). i drove downtown to grab something at the Bay, parked on the street. when i returned my car had been dumped on by 6-7 seagulls, maybe 8 of them. i have never seen so much bird crap in such a short period of time. i was only gone 1/2 hr! luckily my underground garage has a hose so i rinsed it off...
I hate seagulls

Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice Sam. Hoping to slip mine out with the summers on when conditions are right.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I hate seagulls
LOL, if it flies it hits. I like my fowl lightly breaded or broiled.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Very nice Sam. Hoping to slip mine out with the summers on when conditions are right.
It was a breath of fresh air for sure.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Great stuff Sam....
I was too busy with the 'honey-do' to take advantage of the weather.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
So with the mild weather I dug the G out and took her to Krown for their treatment. Been nice out so I'v been driving the G all weekend.
Well ... last night I was on the highway, cruzing along at just over posted limit and it was fairly messy out so I went to splash some WW fluid on the windshield. Problem was I've been driving the Jeep for soooooooooo long. I ended up turning off my lights. The car in front took umbrage with me and slammed on his brakes. WTF. I slowed and went into the right lane. So did he and continued to slow down and speed up. It was a 300 and seemed to be looking for blood. I was embarrassed and not in the mood to try to get by him, so I quickly went into the left lane, he sped up to cut me off. I braked and shot into the off ramp at the last opportunity. He braked and pulled over and then went on down the road. I went home via the city in peace. This morning I went over the controls in the G. Man, do I like driving this car.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
WOW.... what a strange encounter Sam.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
So with the mild weather I dug the G out and took her to Krown for their treatment. Been nice out so I'v been driving the G all weekend.
Well ... last night I was on the highway, cruzing along at just over posted limit and it was fairly messy out so I went to splash some WW fluid on the windshield. Problem was I've been driving the Jeep for soooooooooo long. I ended up turning off my lights. The car in front took umbrage with me and slammed on his brakes. WTF. I slowed and went into the right lane. So did he and continued to slow down and speed up. It was a 300 and seemed to be looking for blood. I was embarrassed and not in the mood to try to get by him, so I quickly went into the left lane, he sped up to cut me off. I braked and shot into the off ramp at the last opportunity. He braked and pulled over and then went on down the road. I went home via the city in peace. This morning I went over the controls in the G. Man, do I like driving this car.
Troublemaker......

C .

Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had mine out all weekend, drove it up to Waterloo. WOW does it ever feel nice compared to my winter beater haha

Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
That's a different story. I know what you mean about the different control positions on the cars! Great you're still loving the G.

Doubt I'm going to get mine out till spring the way this winter is going.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the weather cools down by the end of the week, and if the roads are totally dry with zero snow/ice on my street, I am going to bring mine out for a run. I gave her a run a month or two ago, and it felt real good. I miss driving it, I am growing a little tired of my 2.3L 4cyl 5 speed Accord.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost took mine out for a spin, but once I pulled it out of storage and onto the slightly snowy driveway I realized that 452s in 10.5 on the rear doesn't like snow very much. And I was thinking about the sandblasting the bumper would get. So I just sat there for a while enjoying sonic goodness when my girl came out and was like what the hell are you doing. to which I responded -"enjoying life"

forgot to mention that I got the speech about killing the environment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dry roads and had to take er out.