Canada Serving Canada.

Flashing blue light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flashing blue light

Can anyone tell me what this light means? It's right above my ignition, and started flashing a bright blue colour after I locked it. I've had the 05 coupe for 2 years, and it's never been on before. I thought it might have something to do with the alarm, but that's the red light to the left of the instument panel. I read the manual, but don't see it mentioned anywhere. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket alarm. I have a two way compustar and i have both my aftermarket and factory alarm engage when i lock the car, the blue light is usually aftermarket and the red is the OEM.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes I have a Compustar as well. I changed the battery in my remote and all of a sudden this light starts flashing. Pretty strange it hasn't come on before. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
so how are you guys liking the compustar alarm? i just looked them up but their site isnt to professional and there isnt much on there for me to read about the kits. Have you had any problems with the 2-way kits? do you think its well worth buying?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Mine came with the car, so I don't even know how much it's worth. Maybe $300? I like mine. There's a lot of options, like auto starting to warm up the car, plus it has great range. I can open my car, or trunk from over 200 feet without having to point it at the coupe.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM
from an installer's standpoint. They suck, avg user standpoint they aren't bad. But there is better out there. As an installer I liked the Autostarts - easy to install, best wiring layout on the market, reliable. Viper, pain to install (wires coming out of every side), easy to program extremely reliable. Compush!t as I liked to call it - had many factory defects between 06-08, slightly better than the Viper to install, reliability low, many people came back asking for remotes to be reprogrammed, sometimes it wouldn't start the car some times it would, put a different brand in and it worked fine. I personally have a Viper and love it like a fat kid loves cake... and since I love cake and I'm getting fat I WUV it

Old 02-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah i figured compustar sucked just by looking at their page. So viper is the way to huh? My dad used to be a clifford profesional installer at all & eds in cali like 8 years ago and he said now he doesnt know whats good because dei was buying other companies out while he was still doing the alarms stuff.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Clifford and Viper are almost the exact same products.... and DEI owns all except for a few small companies.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so do any of you guys know, im looking for an aftermarket alarm, however i have the intellikey. is there any system that will disarm when i use the button on the door?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:01 PM
the new compustars are the best in the market. my buddy owns a shop and ive seen over 200 installs and yes, some come back (as there are defects with any type of product with a high quantity) and some people just don't know how to use the remote so they accidently put it in valet mode, etc. and it "doesn't work"...

the remote i would say is the worst part of the compustar as its vunerable to break with its lcd.. so if you have a leather case (like i do), then you should be ok. I have one on my TL... had one on my previous 2 cars.. and never had a problem with it.

My friends use VIPER and 1. the remotes look like they are 10 years back from today, 2. very limited aux outputs... what makes the compustar so great is the AUX outputs and the variable controls (from the new units)..

as for their website, its been like that for ages.. lol.. ya. i don't think they care as their sales have always been high..

the new Compustar also has the highest range (therefore, great for people who own condos and have underground garages), temperature sensors, window/sunroof module integration (instead of having to buy seperate modules) and more.

this post is based on experience... and please, do not even compare this product to ANY of the cheap knock offs from ebay... or the ones you can get from your local hardware store... the new compustar is around 400$ with options, it might run you more but well worth it...

GIZMO134 - the compustar can work with the intellikey, i've seen installs on the lexus, camrys, altimas etc. since nissan owns the G, i'm sure it will work with the G as well.

yes, from an installers stand point, the compustars are a headache, but compustar didn't make its product so it can be installed easily or uninstalled easily... its meant for the end user and the functionality. my friends at the shop always complain about the compustar and when they are installing one of those 50-100$ cheap units, they praise about how it was easy and plug and play... who cares.. autostart is an extra option which the new compustar comes with.. (im talking about the 2way pager) ..

now..... i haven't installed the compustar on my G BECAUSE... i want this alarm in my G and since the company only makes their products for motorbikes,... hopefully another company (even compustar, viper) might come out with a product with same specs.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/product...cycle/sr-i900/

basically, its RFID and with a few tweaks, you can make your own INTELLIKEY!!!! The ones on ebay are crappy looking... but this one looks very nice.... let me know what you guys think...

Old 05-16-2009, 12:06 PM
the cheap RFID one on ebay that allows keyless entry and potential keyless start (with tweaks) -> http://www.adelcom.net/K-9-sombra-Page.htm

Old 06-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Sorry I'm new and I don't know where to go to post a question, so I'm going to tell you guys what's the problem I'm having hope someone can help.. Hi hope someone can help, I have a Viper 791 XV it will luck and unlock the doors the remote starter works but it will not flash the paring lights and the siren the LED don't come one and if I press the panic button nothing happens don't chirp I don't know anything about alarms but if someone can tell me step by step what to do I'm sure I can do it.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I've had Compustar in my G for 8 years now and haven't had one problem. The worst thing about Compustar is finding an installer that knows what the heck they are doing. There are so many features in the alarm and you really need someone that knows how to install it correctly to take advantage of them.

I had mine installed when they first released the two way "Spread Spectrum" technology. It wasn't even available in Canada. It has a huge range, something like a 1/4 mile or something like that.

Awesome alarm and I would recommend it to anyone.

I have the leather case for mine as well. 8 years and still going strong.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Definitely a good alarm. I've got the Drone unit installed with mine. I can lock/unlock/remote star and track my car via pc or my smart phone