Canada Serving Canada.

G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
It's odd seeing something like this on the news... I've seen people driving well beyond that out here, and if/when they get caught, it sure as hell won't make it onto the local news... the only times they make the news is when they crash.
I don't believe you have a +50km/h law, which takes away your car for a week, + 6 points, +2k-10k in fines.

It was made a big deal because i think the highest speed the cops have pulled over since the law went into place was 220-230. so i guess we broke a record...

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
I don't believe you have a +50km/h law, which takes away your car for a week, + 6 points, +2k-10k in fines.

It was made a big deal because i think the highest speed the cops have pulled over since the law went into place was 220-230. so i guess we broke a record...
I don't know how fast 50km/h is, but 20mph over the speed limit can be a felony, while triple digits can be jail time...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
k im only saying this to play devils advocate a little bit.

how do you feel about safety with relation to this incident, and compared to the Autobahn (has no speed limit at times) which has the least amount of injuries out of all of the motorway systems in the world.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:02 PM

how do you feel about safety with relation to this incident, and compared to the Autobahn (has no speed limit at times) which has the least amount of injuries out of all of the motorway systems in the world.
I'm sure it's the same out there in Canada as it is here... I'd prefer a system like the Autobahn, but realistically, people in my area are too stupid to drive with a system like that... idiots will be taking up the passing lane driving 50mph wondering why people are speeding past him all mad... btw, most of the Autobahn has a speed limit, the highest being 75mph, with only a small stretch not having a speed limit.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sure it's the same out there in Canada as it is here... I'd prefer a system like the Autobahn, but realistically, people in my area are too stupid to drive with a system like that... idiots will be taking up the passing lane driving 50mph wondering why people are speeding past him all mad... btw, most of the Autobahn has a speed limit, the highest being 75mph, with only a small stretch not having a speed limit.
I was in Germany the summer of '04 and did quite a bit of driving in a rented Renault. My recollection is there was comparable amounts of unregulated and regulated speed areas. In areas where there was a posted limit closer to larger metro areas it was usually 120km/hour which is approximately 75 mph, although there were some I remember at 160k/h-(100mph for the metrically challenged).

Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
160k/h-(100mph for the metrically challenged).
LOL thanks for the conversion!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
( because words fail me)

Old 03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
..= =what an idiot..
now, if the g drivers are on the street, the cops will definitely tailgate us...
because of him...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand how any cop caught up to him. That's some ridiculous speeds and if the cop was sitting still how didn't he get away? I'm in no way condoning driving like a complete moron but this is just the first thing I thought about. I would never drive any of those speeds highest Ive ever hit is 110 and that was on a closed road.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^
nah, come on guys...
I've taken my old civic ***** many times, am I stupid...sure, young and stupid!
Now that I have too much to lose, more mature about life, I take it a little easier.

people risk all the time, it's what makes life worth living. If they were really so concerned about speeding, we'd all have governors limiting us to 150. Those who track their car could get a special license to remove the governor, and thus pay a few extra $$ in insurance.

Problem is, hypocracy.
They want you to so called "drive safe and slow", but if we all drove the limit, the police and insurance companies would bankrupt. Why even sell a 300hp car . they give you the means to hang yourself and pay out the a$$. There'd be no more need for radars, half the cops, and insurance couldn't raise your rates for speeding tickets (#1 reason for premiums increase).

Something to think about.

Last edited by InTgr8r; 05-07-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM
^^^ you've got a point
But really 250, at night. UNWISE, there's too many factors going against you.
1. the ever so popular pothole. hit a pothole SEE YA
2. You're going faster than the lighting really allows - on 400 there are HUGE stretches without road lamps. - Where I don't fully agree with what someone else stated earlier about not seeing the lights in front of you of a car coming from an on ramp - you will most definitely will NOT be able to stop/slow down in time SAFELY. you slam on the brakes at that speed you're dunzo
3. related to 1 and 2 debris on the road. they're building that bridge just before major mack. that most definitely is not the cleanest stretch of road. There could be nails, the odd tool, anything sharp - just like the pothole tire goes pop you go DEAD.

That's just my thoughts on the issue. 250 at night dumb 250 during the day in an area you've inspected, know very well that's different. pay attention to your surroundings, if you're going to play on the roads make sure no one will get injured but yourself because that's your own stupidity.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey guys, i actually heard about the news, when co-workers at work asked me if it was me driving at 250km/h i said i never hit more than 180 (for about 3seconds :P) my 2 cents on the issue

1-i have seen this guy couple of times in gta, not speeding. the news says his name is "Antonio Talarico" i am guessing someone from the community.

2-250km/h is possible however even going on a straight line with winter tires is just too stupid to try out, he should be lucky that the cops actually got him before he got totalled in high way and appears on local news in a black body bag.

3-with the recent publicity its gonna affect people's perception to our cars and towards us.im guessing cops are going to be hard on us.

4-im also 26, i have done speeding but nothing more than a couple of minutes. i know young people tend to speed a lot but here is the story, this married guy in his cls 63 amg tried to race me with her wife sitting on passenger seat, and oh yeah he is definitely more than 40.it happened to me yesterday.

5-I have driven sl 500 in german autobahn without any limits. people over there are more aware of the situation they wont even honk or flash even they are following you at 200km/h. besides its a suicide mission to drive on roads like this, come on is there a single clean road in GTA where you can go smoothly ,and doesnt shake your car for a minute or two?

6-lastly any reasonable person with decent logical mind can easily say this guy deserved this and should pray to God that he didnt kill someone or killed himself after doing this.

good night guys, drive safe!

Last edited by InTgr8r; 03-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL thanks for the conversion!
No sweat!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody at work get harped on by this event?

I'm the only G driver in the office, and was approached several times "why were you speeding last night?"

Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 PM

I believe the record before was set by those two black corvettes last summer, also on the 400 south bound if I am not mistaken...

German driving laws are more strict than Canadian, Germans are more focused, extremely hard driving tests, and every vehicle registered in German has to be adapted for high speeds: ie high speed tires etc. I know this because I had an uncle who was tranfered to Germany for the military.

Technically the Autobahn speed limit is 130km/h. Near cities the speed limit is slower. By law you have to move out of the left lane if someone comes up behind you. This causes less chance of people weaving in and out. The speed limit is only enforced near cities, and for oversized vehicles which the speed limit is 100km/h. The autobahn is also constructed similarly to the 407.. concrete. They dont have the frost heaving and pot holes that we get here, like on the 400, or the 401 that will bend my Volks one of these days!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 picked up doing 250+ km/h