Canada Serving Canada.

Another turbo build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Spellcaster (Raj)
That's him. Never see him online any more. Maybe we scared him off? (and of course by 'we' I mean 'Gord' )

Sasha, any news?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips

Sasha, any news?
News as in G35 fitment... I have not attempted to contact any G35 drivers..so nothing on that front.

As far as the kits go, I was suposed to have a shipment of intercoolers come in on Friday. Turns out everything got stuck at the border, and they won't be here untill Monday.

I am finishing up one kit with a Precision 6262 turbo and hope to have it shipped out by the end of this month. It should be installed right away and tuned to the max on a built block. Look for dyno results towards the end of December, I am expecting 600+whp.

I am basically doing a bunch of cutting/fabricating right now. Looking at doing a batch of 8 kits, and once those dyno numbers are in I think they will move well.

Time will tell.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay so dumb question. I havnt seen or read, but what exhaust mani's do you use?

Old 11-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by huckersideways
Okay so dumb question. I havnt seen or read, but what exhaust mani's do you use?
I am pretty sure he uses stockers, it would bolt up to any aftermarket header weather it would be worth the gains or not is another question.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I am pretty sure he uses stockers, it would bolt up to any aftermarket header weather it would be worth the gains or not is another question.
Correct, it bolts right up to the stock headers or any other after market headers that bolt up to the OEM exhaust.

There would be hardly any measurable gains, if any at all.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
The intercoolers finally came in today, so I got right to it. At first, do to the size I thought it wouldn't fit the way I want it too. After putting it on some blocks in what I though was a good position, and making a few brackets it will all work out well.

It is tight, and at first I thought that trimming to the inside of the bumper would be neccessary, but it all turned out well. Tight fit but it's a good fit. I really like this setup do to the fact that the entire core is exposed to the oncomming air. A few pictures:

At first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make the tight turn on the top towards the TB. This was a big thing for me. I really didn't want to run that piping down, around and up through the fender area.

I am now waiting for the scavenge pump, and that should be here in a day or two. Look forward to a finished kit on Sunday.

Basically now that one is done the rest is easy. All the "problems" have been solved and I know exactly what to buy for each kit. This is will be the setup for built motors, the intercooler for stock blocks will be the same configuration but smaller. IC piping will for stock blocks (stage I) will be 2.5" as well, this is plenty big for 500whp.

I have also found some great turbo inlet flanges. Basically, one will be able to bolt up a T3 or a T4 furbo to the same flange. This will allow for upgrading for down the road, without having to take anything off the car.

BTW this intercooler is rated for 1000+hp, and the person this kit is for is shooting for 700whp. A few more with proper hardware

Old 11-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That intercooler is pimp.

I can see how keeping the stock manifolds over going to an aftermarket something would make sense as power differences would be minimal. The only problem I can maybe forsee is the stock manis not being able to take the heat over time, BUT. I dont know exactly how they are put together. For all I know they could be better than any A/M piece.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Z T
Thanks, now I just need a G35 to test fit this on.
If you don't mind shipping stuff back and forth to work out any fitment issues, count me in.

PM sent.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks great as usual! nice brackets!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:04 AM
A few more pictures to drool over:

Scavenge pump bracket:

Installed:

Dump pipe:

You can see the O2 sensor bung, intended for a wideband just before the waste gate:

Going to the air filter:

IC to TB finally comming together. I just got the new shipment of 3" piping. The stuff after the coupler will be one pipe:

BOV will go here:

Old 12-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Look great!

I like the turbo placement a lot over the APS single kit. Looks like it has more clearance.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Look great!

I like the turbo placement a lot over the APS single kit. Looks like it has more clearance.
The APS ST is also very limited. The turbo they use has a B compressor cover (very small) in order to make it fit in that spot. With this setup you can get a larger turbo and make much more power.

Also, there is the crossover pipe going over top of the transmission. There is a bunch of wiring that has to be heat wraped, and it's a pain to get to. When I decided to build my own kit, I wanted to copy the APS setup. After researching it and trying to fit my turbo in there, there was no way it would work out.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
A few more pics. IC to TB piping with the MAFs sensor adapter welded in place:

Also added a breather to the reservoir under the turbo:

I contacted the manufacturer of the Exa scavenge pumps to see if I can reverse the direction. Now, I know with a DC motor it's just a matter of reversing the polarity, and since it is a gear pump it shouldn't be a problem at all. After talking to them, we agreed that it is ok.

Just to make sure, I rigged it up in the garage to a spare battery and some new engine oil. With the polarity reversed it pumps/draws the same as with "suggested" polarity. So I am good to go there. With the pump sitting where it does, this will make the oil line routing a bit simpler.

Turbo intake side of things:

Mase of piping, all in it's place, nice and high:

After screwing around with some ideas for the turbo oil return lines I decided to do the proper way. -an fitting and stainless braid lines, goes something like this:

The two oil lines (supply and drain) will run here. Both are about 6" away from the exhaust and there is no need to heat wrap:

The oil drain will go to a JWT oil pan spacer, and it will be tapped for a -6 an line, right beside the oil filter. See picture below:

Also picked up a bunch of quick connect fittings and 100' of hose. These will be used for wastegate and BOV plumbing. They are very easy/quick to disconect/connect. All reusable and good for pressure (150psi) and vacuum.

No cheep rubber hoses here.

I am taking the BOV pipe in for polishing this evening and then the kit will ship out, and will be put through it's pases on a built VQ.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Maze of piping, all in its place, nice and high:

That's almost ART, haha! Nice work.

The oil drain will go to a JWT oil pan spacer, and it will be tapped for a -6 an line, right beside the oil filter. See picture below:

Sasha, it's killin' me that you have a Fram filter on there Please let me send you a good Wix or Amsoil unit. Doing an order for Karma this week, I could throw it in there...

Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
That's almost ART, haha! Nice work.

Sasha, it's killin' me that you have a Fram filter on there Please let me send you a good Wix or Amsoil unit. Doing an order for Karma this week, I could throw it in there...
ha ha thought someone would pick that up. If it makes you feel better, I'll grab a couple from you then. Jus PM me when you have them.

It's just a filter, I use them on all my vehicles and no problems. The Grand Caravan is at 300,000km, and runs like a swiss watch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another turbo build