Canada Serving Canada.

Mod Shop... Calgary?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
However, if Cam should accidentally put your engine in my car by accident- don't be surprised if I'm beating cheeks out of there pronto. I'm not sure I'd even be polite about it! Wouldn't be too hard to catch me, mind you- I'm not sure how fast I'll be able to go when your engine tears my car in half and or turns my transmission into a 1000 piece 3D picture puzzle.
I'm hoping to have the 19's by then too... would you guys recommend anyone on the "rubber" side of things?

What about tires?

Eno
Just saw that i am sure it would do that to your trans Did you get wheels? Andrew37 (from RedDeer) is selling a bad A$$ set of Ti Gun metal Volk GT-S in 19x9.5-19x10.5 with tires. I think he was looking for $2600.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Curious about that, too. I think Eno said he was getting some wheels from 4DGS. BTW, Feb 12th would be a good day for a LSI meet.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Cool

Eh guys...

I'm going to be heading back up to work on the Wednesday before that weekend. I haven't heard from Cam but I'm hoping that the parts will be in the weekend before that- Feb 5-6-7.

And yes- I already had spied a pair of wheels out of the Toronto area. Still working on getting those. I'm not in a hurry for them (not putting them on till spring anyways...) so I'll probably still have my 18" blizzaks on by the time Red Deer comes around. 2600 might have looked good if not for the money I just spent on everything from endlinks to a double din DVD nav to bumper and side kilts to subs to exhaust to HFCs to full cat-back exhaust to a cobb tuner to coilovers to front / rear camber kits to the install. I haven't talked to Cam about what the install is likely to cost... But as they say good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good.

So I'll hope to be there that weekend. Is that still looking okay?

Eno

Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Haha, it's your install, you and Cam need to agree -- not any of us other yokels. Feb 12 was just my own selfish date.

Do you have a place to work on your car, Eno? Cuz I would think you could do at least some of that work yourself (or with a little help from friends).

Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Eno
Question

Eh Guys.

Apparently everything is in except the coilovers. I asked Cam if he'd be good with that weekend and still waiting his feedback. With that being said, since much of the work getting put in (like camber arms, sway bars, endlinks etc) will be impacted by the coilovers... should I just hold off on it?

And to answer your question, Swivel... I do have a decent sized garage but I don't have any ramps... or jacks. I'm not mechanical at all, unfortunately, so I'm missing a lot of normal tools that most creatures with a Y chromosome would have. The other day my buddy was helping me install that plenum spacer and he said, "Do you have a work light?" I said, "Uhh... I'll brb." I went to Canadian tire and got a work light. Yeah, I'm that bad. I had two torque wrenches (one I bought for that a month ago and one I got for Christmas- thanks dad) but no light.

So I figured maybe I could just leave it to the pros. Tentatively- the weekend Feb 6-7. Anyone else able to attend?

eno

Old 01-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Eno, I have jacks, jackstands, ramps, impact gun, etc. so if you need stuff like that, let me know, I'm only 15 minutes away. Offhand I'd say your best value in LSI dollars would be to wait for the coils and have them do it all at once.

If any/all of Sylvan, red35, Sat suma, karma, etc are going to be there I could make a trip most any Friday or Saturday night.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Eno
Cool

Okay swivel- I'll heed that advice... and really appreciate the offer for the gear. Fortunately after this is all done at LSI all I'll have to do is put those 19's on and adjust the coils but it sounds like they might be here by then anyways- perhaps I can put those on too!

I'll go to pm when I figure out when these are going to be good to go. Judging by my work schedule, it might not be until late Feb (third weekend) if I can't make it that first weekend.

We'll see!

eno

Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Eno, I have jacks, jackstands, ramps, impact gun, etc. so if you need stuff like that, let me know, I'm only 15 minutes away. Offhand I'd say your best value in LSI dollars would be to wait for the coils and have them do it all at once.

If any/all of Sylvan, red35, Sat suma, karma, etc are going to be there I could make a trip most any Friday or Saturday night.

Can I bring my 5 lb sledge for the stubborn stuff?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Eno
Thumbs up

I'll take it to pm but for those of you monitoring this thread it sounds like it's on for Saturday and Sunday, February 6th-7th. Tell your friends

Eno

Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma
Can I bring my 5 lb sledge for the stubborn stuff?
Natcherly!! Gord's pretty stubborn sometimes and may need some 'convincing', haha! The truth is, it's usually him and Dustin convincing me..."oh come on, let's put this on, it'll only take half an hour..."

Eno, good stuff, I will try to make it if it's okay with Cam.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Are you sure this taking place on a weekend??? LSI is not opened weekends

Anyway I have been stuck in northern BC I came as a favor to my boss for"2-3days" and that was almost 3 weeks ago but i actually hope to be home for the 6-7th weekend and I am iching to assemble my motor that weekend so it would be a good little get together but the family duties might put a hold on that for me I need to get it done ASAP because i think the oil company and my company are going to do a multi million dollar experement and they are going to make me come back up here for another 30+ day stretch to ensure it goes well spring will be here and my car will still be in pieces again....at least i got a 2010 Titan to drive now my 08 was partied out the seat frame was sticking out of the foam they never made it to hold a 260# man for long periods of time
Keep us updated on a time and date! i will ask Cam some details i have to phone him and tell him to order X2 of what ever red35 orders

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 01-29-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Natcherly!! Gord's pretty stubborn sometimes and may need some 'convincing', haha! .
Better make the first one a good one because the only thing worse than my attitude is my temper

Old 01-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Eno
Cool

Not open on weekends?! LOL Yeah, that fact was conveniently overlooked or not mentioned or both. I got a "sounds good" but perhaps he had something else in mind. Sounds like he's a busy boy.

I can make it work during the week because of my schedule- might actually be better on a Thursday / Friday (for me). With that being said, I'd sure like to meet up with you guys and maybe learn a thing or two.

Sorry for the uncertainty... I'm not sure about you guys but I'm typically a "by the seat of my pants" type and this kind of back and forth comes with in mother's milk.

Anyways... Hopefully we'll square something away at some point earlier than 5 minutes notice.

eno

Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Better make the first one a good one because the only thing worse than my attitude is my temper
Little do they know ..... it's not for us "experienced" modders

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35

*edited*
I need to get it done ASAP because i think the oil company and my company are going to do a multi million dollar experement and they are going to make me come back up here for another 30+ day stretch to ensure it goes well
In-situ or CO2?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma

In-situ or CO2?

CO2 it has alot to do with the mud system and the integrity of the well bore, if it works our mud system will be in higher demand than it already is for many different applications many oil companys have wanted to try this but no one has wanted to cough up the $$$$ for a "maybe"

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 01-29-2010 at 02:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mod Shop... Calgary?