Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
USA! USA! USA!

Great game.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who does the US play next? Go whoever they play, I don't want to see Miller play against Canada again

Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
a the goaltending was the difference ours sucked theres was amazing, we out played them IMO.
I agree. The US played well right out of the gate and a lot better in the third, but overall Canada definitely outplayed the US team. The difference was simply goaltending. Miller had an incredible night while Brodeaur had far from that.

There has been a number of disappointments over the last few days, that's for sure.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
a the goaltending was the difference ours sucked theres was amazing, we out played them IMO.
It was definitely a well played game.
Martin's puck handling was definitely a problem.
That baseball swing for example was just plain .

Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by cc_brandon
Who does the US play next? Go whoever they play, I don't want to see Miller play against Canada again
I believe the US plays Sweden next in the quarterfinals. Canada plays Germany next in a qualification game to get to the quarterfinals.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I agree. The US played well right out of the gate and a lot better in the third, but overall Canada definitely outplayed the US team. The difference was simply goaltending. Miller had an incredible night while Brodeaur had far from that.

There has been a number of disappointments over the last few days, that's for sure.
I agree about the difference. I kept waiting for the horseshoes to drop out of his azz but they didn't. He was the real deal last night.

Incredibly frustrating to outplay another team and lose.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
For goalies, puck handling is all about timing. Marty's puck handling was the same as it always is. The difference was that everyone fore checking him was an all star moving at an all star pace. I think he forgot that major detail.
Yeah, the one he batted out of the air was just a total brain fart.
I said it before and I'll say it again. Pronger and Scott N should have been replced by someone younger and faster this time around. eg Mike Green. Enough of the 'Boys Club'

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 02-22-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ I completely agree about the old boys on D; Pronger especially.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I found quote this on the CTV sports website.

"(Ryan Miller) is the best goalie in the world," said Team USA defenceman Jack Johnson. "He was absolutely phenomenal and the reason we won that game. He bailed us out tonight when we were on our heels."

It's 'nice' that the USA players recognize why they won the game. For some reason it doesn't make me (and I'll bet the other 30+ million Canucks) feel any better.
I heard one of the players (Crosby I think) say after the game "it's a puck possession game". Right now I'm thinking no it's not. It's a 'put the freakin puck in the net' game. Sheesh.

And I am tired of guys (commentators) saying crap like "it's not time to worry or don't panic"
These players need to play with a much greater heightened sense of urgency. In the last 2.5 minutes they showed what they are really capable of (not counting Perry's apparent lack of effort on the empty netter). They should have a lot more shifts like that. They must have the legs for it. They only play 15 minutes a game.

Oh yeah, put Fleury in net. Remember him. He's the guy that won the Stanley Cup last year and was a hero in game 7.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
^ I completely agree about the old boys on D; Pronger especially.
Maybe Phaneuf??

Bouwmeester would have been a good choice. But all that aside, we have more than enough talent to win. I agree with Paul, it's the effort and scoring that's lacking. Incredible, when you think of who our forwards are.

I predict we'll see Luongo in net against Germany.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Maybe Phaneuf??

Bouwmeester would have been a good choice. But all that aside, we have more than enough talent to win. I agree with Paul, it's the effort and scoring that's lacking. Incredible, when you think of who our forwards are.

I predict we'll see Luongo in net against Germany.
Yep, I'd put money on it.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Well another Canada/USA showdown is underway - in curling. I can't watch it. It' like watching golf or baseball. Fun to play but to watch it for a couple of hours, no thanks.
I hope the outcome is in our favour today.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
How fitting was the americans 5th goal? Pretty much sums up Canada's tourney thus far.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Well another Canada/USA showdown is underway - in curling. I can't watch it. It' like watching golf or baseball. Fun to play but to watch it for a couple of hours, no thanks.
I hope the outcome is in our favour today.
Watching it now. It's 1-1 in end 3.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts

I know at home I told him to get back in the F-in net a few times every time he step out they got a scoring chance i was actually hopping they would pull him after the first.

Someone else mentioned Mike Green I can't understand how he didn't make the team we have problems scoring the last few Olymipics. He is a mobile puck moving D man and he can also put the puck in the net! it still baffels me who we can't put the puck in the net with all of the snipers we have

We play Germans and IF we win that we play Russia....looks like no medal again this year unless something drastic changes.

If we don't get medal i think we should be like Sweden when they had their meltdown in Turin every newspaper in Canada should have the teams pictures on the front page with the headline saying Failures or Canadas biggest disapointments, Swedens said Traitors!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter olympics