Canada Serving Canada.

Avoid markham infiniti

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
are you writing a letter to corporate? i think you should.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by w1ck3d64
I think it's very diverse in terms of service from one dealership to another. For example, I also own a Lexus IS350 (great car btw after you mod the springs so it doesn't turn like a boat and exhaust and other nice touch ups lol) and I got it at Lexus on the Park (Eglinton and DVP). They're sales are very accomodating, though tough to break lol. The entire bargaining process was lengthy but it was by no means irritating or strenuous. Moreover, the servicing department is wonderful and the guys are very very friendly. My man Castro at service NEVER gave me any trouble for warranty or TSIB (Technical Service Issued Bulletins) issues. For warranty, I go and tell em what's wrong, he explains in detail whether it's covered or not, book the appointment, off you go. For TSIB, i print them out, hand it to him, done.

He's great too! Always asked me if i wanted coffee or tea. I just love Lexus on the Park. Had a 1st gen RX300 before the FX and received the same hospitality. Heck the place looks like it launches fighter jets lol just a great looking building.

However back to my point, there are dealerships which exist that give a great sales and service experience. Just have to find them lol ahhh the road of life...
I GOT my G from lexus on the park before they changed places, they were really good and also agree on the price, tough guys on the price during negotiation of selling price . good to hear at least there are still good dealers out there.

for now i am staying away from dealers, unless my mechanic cant fix it. i really feel for any person to go through such a treatment for something u paid a significant amount for.

This forum has been always great source for G related stuff and a life saver in certain situations.(cant calculate how much money i saved in 2 years,if i did not hear about this forum, i cant thank you enough)

back to subject, u should talk to corporate if not BBB!!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
are you writing a letter to corporate? i think you should.
Originally Posted by musti82
I GOT my G from lexus on the park before they changed places, they were really good and also agree on the price, tough guys on the price during negotiation of selling price . good to hear at least there are still good dealers out there.

for now i am staying away from dealers, unless my mechanic cant fix it. i really feel for any person to go through such a treatment for something u paid a significant amount for.

This forum has been always great source for G related stuff and a life saver in certain situations.(cant calculate how much money i saved in 2 years,if i did not hear about this forum, i cant thank you enough)

back to subject, u should talk to corporate if not BBB!!
oh I am already drafting a letter to corporate. I don't expect anything from them at all. All i want is to let them know that the self-proclaimed "3rd largest infiniti dealership in the country" is massively deteriorating their brand. It is unfortunate and sad to see that this will continue in the future since not everyone searches forums before they buy (myself included but this has definitely changed my purchasing process).

Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 AM
happy new year everyone!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Interesting... Never been to Markham infiniti but guess ill avoid them... And Happy new year to everyone!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
yeah it is shocking to say the least...

to be fair, i've also read some disappointments about Willowdale Infiniti. However, those posts are pretty old (07-08) and I think that after getting a brand new building, they changed their service managers and one of the new ones is Robert. All i know is, they were very accommodating and friendly.

You will also definitely see Robert pacing back and forth on the Infiniti and Nissan side and you can literally hear him checking on the advisors for:

- whether they returned customers calls
- whether they had any problems that day
- whether they made sure that customers will get courtesy cars for longer fixes, etc etc.

Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Old 01-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not surprised at all by this story.

I live and work very close to this dealership (Markham) but I will avoid it at all cost. When I was buying my car, the previous owner was a regular at Markham Infiniti, at the time of the purchase we stopped by the dealership to get a few things done. As a way of "welcoming" me, I got 2 free oil changes handwritten on a business card by the guy who was the manager there... it's been 1.5 years since and I have yet to use them. I hope you get the message... the place didn't leave a good impression.

My only other dealings with a dealership was at Oakville... no complaints there from that one experience (I spent over 1 hour driving there instead of going to Markham which is 5 min away). But nevertheless, if it's non-warranty work, then I'm going to try and avoid the dealer at all cost.

Nissan Canada Head Office doesn't know the concept of customer service, so I am not surprised there are so many Infiniti dealerships with crappy service. At the end of the day the dealers are independent franchisees so there are very few instances where the head office can force them to do anything, but the crappy customer service is a sign of how the company as a whole must be operating.

When our Toyota Matrix was under warranty, the service level was way higher than what it is from Infiniti. Just saying.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with the Toyota statement, Richmond Hill Toyota treated me like a king during the 8 years I had my Celicas...

Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by ScreaminG
I agree with the Toyota statement, Richmond Hill Toyota treated me like a king during the 8 years I had my Celicas...
yeah toyotas are great! my IS doesn't even have that many issues...it's pretty decent on gas and it's very reliable...and it's quick!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
That sucks to hear about your experience. The dealership here in Ottawa called Tony Graham treats you like royalty.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I used to work for bill stephen at markham infiniti

content removed.

Last edited by PRINCEMOCO; 01-19-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: error in judgement and now see as extremely offensive material.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by PRINCEMOCO
Removed

Wow ^^^ Quite the story Prince. If they were that bad, I would be careful and cover your a$$, those creeps could do anything.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-19-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
haha now i really want to see markham come in and defend......someone give them the link......thats shady as hell

Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
In the end, the truth always, and i mean always, prevails. And i don't worry about them. Bullies are usually cowardly and pretty harmless - psych 101. Insecurities usually bring on aggressive behaviour. Plus i now belong to an organization which dwarfs Bob Stephen's 2 pitiful dealerships. Good luck with your threads. this is a good forum. The GTR is still my all time favourite Supercar. Final Post.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's too bad the majority of the people who make Markham their regular place for servicing the car will never get to read this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Avoid markham infiniti