Happy Easter G Friends

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005 | 08:34 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Happy Easter G Friends

Hey guys, I know it's Good Friday and I'm a bit early. Have a great weekend everyone and don't take in too much sugar. I hope you're all getting a weather break so the G gets a good run.

Old 03-25-2005 | 08:39 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RBull
Hey guys, I know it's Good Friday and I'm a bit early. Have a great weekend everyone and don't take in too much sugar. I hope you're all getting a weather break so the G gets a good run.
Thanks Deane, and Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope you get in some decent 'G' time too.
Colin and the 'kids'.

Old 03-25-2005 | 09:15 AM
4-day weekend!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Old 03-25-2005 | 09:30 AM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Thanks Deane, and Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope you get in some decent 'G' time too.
Colin and the 'kids'.

Thanks Colin.
Sorry I need to add "M" time to my post as well.

Old 03-25-2005 | 10:05 PM
Since I plan to wash my coupe tomorrow, I spend 5 hrs washing and waxing my wife's Subaru Outback Sport. Never done that since we bought the car new 3 yrs ago always take it to touchless car wash...

Have a nice weekend everyone. Keep an eye out for a Ztube for me... please...

Old 03-26-2005 | 01:15 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by MattAu
Since I plan to wash my coupe tomorrow, I spend 5 hrs washing and waxing my wife's Subaru Outback Sport. Never done that since we bought the car new 3 yrs ago always take it to touchless car wash...

Have a nice weekend everyone. Keep an eye out for a Ztube for me... please...
Mattau, I pm'd you about a Z-tube.....

Happy Easter bro, and have fun with the 'detailing'.

Colin

Old 03-26-2005 | 12:44 PM
I did my detailing yesterday, so finally...after 3 weeks, I'm going to be a pic *****.

Old 03-26-2005 | 02:03 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Nice job Balzz. Congrats on the new ride. MT or AT?

I wish I knew how to post those full size pics and not just attachments. How big can those files be?

I think you inspired me. Maybe I should go out and detail mine now too!

Old 03-26-2005 | 04:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Hey Balzz, That's one Bad/Azz ride bro. Congrats on all the work put into it.

Deane, If you get your own website hosting package, or just join a club like Imagestation or the like, you can have them host the pics in whatever size you please there and just post a url to the pic here to have it appear here.
Only problem we've found with that system is that they can exceed the 100k bytes and the dimensions limit we suggest for picture posting here.
We rely on the posters to honour that limit as closely as they can.
Here's one of Balzz's pics that I just copied and pasted the url from its 'Propeties' to the 'Insert Image' link above.
Colin.

Old 03-26-2005 | 05:28 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm using cheap hosting on my own webspace instead of relying on attachments. RBull, it's a 6MT. I've managed to take care of most of the scratches the dealership left, but I still need to use something with a little more cut in a couple of spots.

Old 03-26-2005 | 05:33 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Balzz
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm using cheap hosting on my own webspace instead of relying on attachments. RBull, it's a 6MT. I've managed to take care of most of the scratches the dealership left, but I still need to use something with a little more cut in a couple of spots.
Balzz, Did you use Z-5 for the scraches? A couple coats on the difficult areas should do the trick.
G/L
C.

Old 03-26-2005 | 05:38 PM
Balzz, Did you use Z-5 for the scraches? A couple coats on the difficult areas should do the trick.
G/L
C.
Nope, Meguiar's #80. I've never used Zaino actually. The scratches aren't deep...you can only really tell in direct sunlight so I'd rather get rid of them completely than just fill it in.

Old 03-26-2005 | 07:38 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Hey Balzz, That's one Bad/Azz ride bro. Congrats on all the work put into it.

Deane, If you get your own website hosting package, or just join a club like Imagestation or the like, you can have them host the pics in whatever size you please there and just post a url to the pic here to have it appear here.
Only problem we've found with that system is that they can exceed the 100k bytes and the dimensions limit we suggest for picture posting here.
We rely on the posters to honour that limit as closely as they can.
Here's one of Balzz's pics that I just copied and pasted the url from its 'Propeties' to the 'Insert Image' link above.
Colin.

Thanks for the instructions Colin. I don't know anything about web site hosting or the like. Maybe I have that with my own ISP??? duhh It was an accomplishment for me to figure out how get images resized from my hard drive and posted on the site as an attachment. I just got my digital camera for Christmas and have only used it a few times. Balzz inspired me and I went out and detailed the laser red one here; got a few pics but the sun and background wasn't the best late in the day.
For me this is likely taking a full credit course to get these pics on here like you described and my patience for this stuff is somewhere between low and nil!

Old 03-26-2005 | 07:45 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Balzz

Yeah I've got a lot of swirl marks on mine from last year. I'm going to do something about them in the next month or so.
The 6mt works nice.
I had many waves driving today driving in the bright sunshine. I parked at the Sears lot and came out to have a 13-14 year staring at my car with his mom waiting and calling him at the entrance door. I got in and drove off with him gawking at it with his mom by now hollering at him to get moving into the store. Too funny. I told my wife it's still a daily occurence here since there are not many Gs on the road.

Old 03-27-2005 | 02:30 PM
|
Rated M
Premier Member
G pics

Hey guys, Here's a few pics of the G.

She just came out from storage a week ago and feels mighty fine. Balzz inspired me yesterday so I cleaned her up and went out for few pics in front of the house. The sun wasn't wasn't right but what the hey. The swirl marks will be gone soon after she gets a true detailing.

GSM, you were talking about all our snow. This gives you an idea of what's left. next week the forescast is for real warm and lots of rain so I expect much of it to disappear.

Attached Thumbnails Happy Easter G Friends-img_0034.jpg   Happy Easter G Friends-img_0037.jpg   Happy Easter G Friends-img_0039.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy Easter G Friends