Canada Serving Canada.

After the meet...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 09:55 PM
|
After the meet...

Those of you who came to the meet, some of you saw the feathering issue that we Z owners face. I went to the Dick-sies and 401 Nissan and haggled a little over 15 minutes with the service manager. I've got 73K on my odometer. Bought it used from another dealership. I want new tires because of the defect. So where is my leverage? I had the car checked at that dealership upon time of purchase. Paid $100 to have car checked for mechanical soundness. All good to go except brakes and rotors. Fine. But now a little over 1500 km after purchase the vehicle, I become well aware of the cause of the droning sound coming from my tires. Bottom line is that the mechanic at 401/Dixie should have written down on the paper that tires are down to __% wear and should be replaced soon. Manager gave me the old round around and say I drive hard. *I couldn't help not to grin* LOL. For the record...never took it to the track and VSC is 99% of time is on. So I thanked him for his time like a gentleman and then asked him for 1-800 number to see if I can get some kind of compensation. I would settle for a discount on the alignment issue. Funny part is that he was covering his nads the whole time I was talking to him. I wanted to tell him to relax, I'm not going to belt him a cheap shot. When he first said there is no problem with the alignment and then I told him about the class action lawsuit, he then admits to the problem and begind to tell me about Murano alternator recall. He took serious offense when I called him in his face a liar and to stop lieing because I don't appreciate that and if it comes from the service manager...what can I expect from his mechanic who "claimed" to have inspected my car?! I then drove off the lot but not before doing a burnout on his lot. J/K. I'll call the 1-800 # tomorrow and see what can be done for compensation. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL but whatever..I bought the car used. You are to expect wear and tear...but you don't really expect major problems right off the lot.

Old 07-25-2005 | 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by LugZ
Those of you who came to the meet, some of you saw the feathering issue that we Z owners face. I went to the Dick-sies and 401 Nissan and haggled a little over 15 minutes with the service manager. I've got 73K on my odometer. Bought it used from another dealership. I want new tires because of the defect. So where is my leverage? I had the car checked at that dealership upon time of purchase. Paid $100 to have car checked for mechanical soundness. All good to go except brakes and rotors. Fine. But now a little over 1500 km after purchase the vehicle, I become well aware of the cause of the droning sound coming from my tires. Bottom line is that the mechanic at 401/Dixie should have written down on the paper that tires are down to __% wear and should be replaced soon. Manager gave me the old round around and say I drive hard. *I couldn't help not to grin* LOL. For the record...never took it to the track and VSC is 99% of time is on. So I thanked him for his time like a gentleman and then asked him for 1-800 number to see if I can get some kind of compensation. I would settle for a discount on the alignment issue. Funny part is that he was covering his nads the whole time I was talking to him. I wanted to tell him to relax, I'm not going to belt him a cheap shot. When he first said there is no problem with the alignment and then I told him about the class action lawsuit, he then admits to the problem and begind to tell me about Murano alternator recall. He took serious offense when I called him in his face a liar and to stop lieing because I don't appreciate that and if it comes from the service manager...what can I expect from his mechanic who "claimed" to have inspected my car?! I then drove off the lot but not before doing a burnout on his lot. J/K. I'll call the 1-800 # tomorrow and see what can be done for compensation. I'm pretty sure I'm SOL but whatever..I bought the car used. You are to expect wear and tear...but you don't really expect major problems right off the lot.
Isn't the car under Nissan's original warranty up to 100K? If it is, they should just replace them and do the alignment.

Contact the dealer that sold you the car and complain right away. Obviously the tires were in poor condition when they sold it to you, so they have to replace it by law.

Part of the "CERTIFICATION" process to get plates and registration is making sure the car is "ROAD WORTHY". Those tires are not and honestly, I'd be scared to drive on the highway.

oh...one more thing...when you go to complain...make sure they document it on their system so there is a paper trail in case things get out control. This will also force the manager to act, 'cause he knows it is recorded and his a$$ is on the line now.

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:50 AM
PDT
I have a question, who did you talk to at 401 Dixie? Did you talk to Peter Greer? He's the service managers, the other guys are the advisors. I find the advisors (sometimes) have attitude issues. When I was dealing with Peter Greer on the Inifiniti side, he was amazing. If you didn't talk to him, give him a ring and see what he can do for you.

Old 07-26-2005 | 10:47 AM
i found the service at the infiniti side of 401/dixie to be a complete disaster and the mike service character to be a total a$$hole. they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about and they're mechanics are incompetent (they actually told me that using burned cd's in my stock '05 mp3 playing blose would void the warranty!!!). i had another thread about them on here. too bad about your situation, i hope u get it resolved... no one should suffer like that.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:16 PM
nissan's original warranty is not 100k, it is only 60k

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by PDT
I have a question, who did you talk to at 401 Dixie? Did you talk to Peter Greer? He's the service managers, the other guys are the advisors. I find the advisors (sometimes) have attitude issues. When I was dealing with Peter Greer on the Inifiniti side, he was amazing. If you didn't talk to him, give him a ring and see what he can do for you.
Yup..I read that in one of the searches to speak to Peter. He told me that I could take those tires right now to the ministry of transportation and it would still pass certification.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
nissan's original warranty is not 100k, it is only 60k
wow...that's pretty low standards. I'm shocked to say the least unless you are talking about tires. Peter first denied that there was a problem with the tires but then said that Nissan is replacing people's tires up to 35K. He said me being at 73K (not sure if they are stock tires), warantee has expired as well as the band aid fix they implemented.

Old 07-26-2005 | 05:55 PM
All I gotta say is I miss Jim Berrette (I think that was his name) the service advisor on Nissan Side at 401 / Dixie. He got me a brand new long block for my '02 Sentra while admitting that they underfilled my oil at the last service. Now that was good service. I don't know about the Infiniti side b/c i've only had one service visit so far at 3k for my first (free) oil change...

Old 07-26-2005 | 08:37 PM
|
Originally Posted by akiramasters
All I gotta say is I miss Jim Berrette (I think that was his name) the service advisor on Nissan Side at 401 / Dixie. He got me a brand new long block for my '02 Sentra while admitting that they underfilled my oil at the last service. Now that was good service. I don't know about the Infiniti side b/c i've only had one service visit so far at 3k for my first (free) oil change...
wow....that's service.

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:47 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the only dealer my ride goes to is Oakville (45 min drive).

Old 08-10-2005 | 03:01 PM
lugz - check this out:
Owners of the 2003 Nissan 350Z were a little miffed when their front-end alignments began causing irregular tire wear that led to extremely loud road noise. Nissan responded by extending the vehicle’s warranty concerning front-end alignments and monitoring the 2004 vehicles that were just then leaving the lots. As it turned out, correcting the alignment didn’t fully resolve the issue and Nissan stepped up to additionally equip these vehicles with new tires that featured a different tread pattern more resistant to this “heel-toe” wear. The company has now announced that it will extend this special warranty relating to front-end alignment on all 2003 and 2004 350Z models for up to 36 months from the in-service date or October 31st of this year, whichever is later. The extension is to ensure that the issue does not reoccur after the initial in-service repair. Kudos to Nissan for admitting a mistake that didn’t even necessitate a recall and fixing it.
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000320053857/
http://motortrend.com/features/news/...050810_nissan/

Old 08-10-2005 | 03:10 PM
there's also a letter that is going out to owners:
http://www.sportzmagazine.com/Z_special_warranty.htm

i hope this helps - you are covered until october 31, 2005 and UNLIMITED KM for your 2003. go back to your dealer and give them hell.

Old 08-10-2005 | 04:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
there's also a letter that is going out to owners:
http://www.sportzmagazine.com/Z_special_warranty.htm

i hope this helps - you are covered until october 31, 2005 and UNLIMITED KM for your 2003. go back to your dealer and give them hell.
J. - I saw that and I printed off the article by autoguide and also the official letter from its PDF format. I'm taking the car probably tomorrow and see if they will change their minds. Here's the part that worries me....it's signed by Nissan North America. I asked the boys in the 350Z forum if letter also applies to us Canadians. I hope I am wrong but I think Nissan Canada would have to create a letter in order for it to be effective for us. So far...no replies.

Old 08-10-2005 | 06:24 PM
just keep argueing